    I have tried asking the posters to upload smaller files, but they only act
    like I am insulting them.

    Can anyone tell me how to combine and save these huge files?
    Fred McDonald, Apr 4, 2006

  2. Fred McDonald

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 4 Apr 2006 18:01:27 -0400, "Fred McDonald" <>
    wrote:

    >Good day all. I am trying to save some very large files from news groups.
    >Some of the files in question are over 200 megs large. Outlook Express
    >seems to combine the message files together. but when I try to save the
    >file, I get an error message. The message does say that there may not be
    >enough memory, but the disk has 20 gigs free.

    Memory is not hard drive space. How much memory do you have?

    >I have tried asking the posters to upload smaller files, but they only act
    >like I am insulting them.
    >
    >Can anyone tell me how to combine and save these huge files?

    Use a real newsreader.
    Evan Platt, Apr 4, 2006

  3. Fred McDonald

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Use crap cleaner first the try it again
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/ccsetup128.exe

    pcbutts1, Apr 5, 2006
  4. Memory or RAM is quite different from 20 gigs of your harddrive disk
    being free.

    What is the exact wording of the error, !verbatim! and the operating
    system? A simple reboot could be the problem, but it could be as serious
    as spyware, malware, foistware, adware, or even worse, a remote trojan
    infesting the machine.

    @}-}-------Rosee, Apr 5, 2006
  5. X-No-Archive: YES
    Fred McDonald [] has entered into testimony

    > Good day all. I am trying to save some very large files from news
    > groups. Some of the files in question are over 200 megs large.
    > Outlook Express seems to combine the message files together. but
    > when I try to save the file, I get an error message. The message
    > does say that there may not be enough memory, but the disk has 20
    > gigs free.
    >
    > I have tried asking the posters to upload smaller files, but they
    > only act like I am insulting them.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me how to combine and save these huge files?

    You need a download manager. Google is your friend ;)

    --

    Skepticult® Member# 581-00504-208
    ChadwickStone at Gmail dot com
    Chadwick Stone©, Apr 5, 2006
  6. Fred McDonald

    Supersano Guest

    On Tue, 4 Apr 2006 18:01:27 -0400, Fred McDonald wrote:

    > Good day all. I am trying to save some very large files from news groups.
    > Some of the files in question are over 200 megs large. Outlook Express
    > seems to combine the message files together. but when I try to save the
    > file, I get an error message. The message does say that there may not be
    > enough memory, but the disk has 20 gigs free.
    >
    > I have tried asking the posters to upload smaller files, but they only act
    > like I am insulting them.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me how to combine and save these huge files?

    Outhouse chokes at 120-130 parts or so. As others mention here, it's
    actually *not* a newsreader according to standards, it just appears to
    be.

    If you want free get Xnews and learn how to use it. It's one of the best
    for Windows, for ngs and especially binaries.
    --
    "It's the mark of an inexperienced man
    not to believe in luck."
    Supersano, Apr 5, 2006
  7. Fred McDonald

    AGEE Guest

    On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 20:03:14 -0500, "@}-}-------Rosee"
    <!!GigAntiCBoSomS!!@Nip..com> wrote:

    >Memory or RAM is quite different from 20 gigs of your harddrive disk
    >being free.
    >
    >What is the exact wording of the error, !verbatim! and the operating
    >system? A simple reboot could be the problem, but it could be as serious
    >as spyware, malware, foistware, adware, or even worse, a remote trojan
    >infesting the machine.

    Or even using outlook express as a news reader

    AGEE, Apr 5, 2006
  8. AGEE <> wrote

    > On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 20:03:14 -0500, "@}-}-------Rosee" wrote:
    >>Memory or RAM is quite different from 20 gigs of your harddrive disk
    >>being free.
    >>
    >>What is the exact wording of the error, !verbatim! and the operating
    >>system? A simple reboot could be the problem, but it could be as
    >>serious as spyware, malware, foistware, adware, or even worse, a
    >>remote trojan infesting the machine.

    > Or even using outlook express as a news reader

    Very true....;o)

    <schnippen>

    @}-}-------Rosee, Apr 5, 2006
  9. It works well. Thanks for your help.

    > If you want free get Xnews and learn how to use it. It's one of the best
    > for Windows, for ngs and especially binaries.

    I downloaded Xnews and tried it out.

    It works well. Thanks for your help.
    Fred McDonald, Apr 6, 2006
  10. Fred McDonald

    Dan Evans Guest

    "Supersano" <> wrote in message

    > Outhouse chokes at 120-130 parts or so. As others mention here, it's
    > actually *not* a newsreader according to standards, it just appears to
    > be.

    Depends. it's Yenc encoded, about 400 combined posts seem to be the limit on
    my machines here, base64 chokes at 512 attachments.

    For large files posted in Yenc format, it's best to download encoded, save
    in chunks, then decode using Yenc32 - it'll recombine everything just fine,
    even if you have files split between different yenc chunks.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Apr 6, 2006
  11. On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 23:39:07 +0200, Dan Evans wrote:

    > Depends. it's Yenc encoded, about 400 combined posts seem to be the limit
    > on my machines here, base64 chokes at 512 attachments.
    >
    > For large files posted in Yenc format, it's best to download encoded, save
    > in chunks, then decode using Yenc32 - it'll recombine everything just
    > fine, even if you have files split between different yenc chunks.

    Yet another reason for tossing Outhouse Explosion into the bin and getting
    a decent news reader.

    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Pomona|anomoP, CA * http://www.donavan.org
    "The two most abundant things in the Universe are hydrogen and stupidity."
    Gary G. Taylor, Apr 7, 2006
  12. Fred McDonald

    Supersano Guest

    On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 04:10:06 GMT, Gary G. Taylor wrote:

    > On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 23:39:07 +0200, Dan Evans wrote:
    >
    >> Depends. it's Yenc encoded, about 400 combined posts seem to be the limit
    >> on my machines here, base64 chokes at 512 attachments.
    >>
    >> For large files posted in Yenc format, it's best to download encoded, save
    >> in chunks, then decode using Yenc32 - it'll recombine everything just
    >> fine, even if you have files split between different yenc chunks.

    > Yet another reason for tossing Outhouse Explosion into the bin and getting
    > a decent news reader.

    Ghod. I bought Forte Agent years ago, *just* to use it for email.

    Outhouse is responsible (IMNSHO) for most of the virus and trash that's
    out there. It's also responsible for most of the crud that shows up in
    my Inbox. Sheesh.
    --
    The aim of an argument or discussion
    should not be victory, but progress.
    Supersano, Apr 7, 2006
  13. Fred McDonald

    Dan Evans Guest

    "Supersano" <> wrote in message

    > Outhouse is responsible (IMNSHO) for most of the virus and trash that's
    > out there. It's also responsible for most of the crud that shows up in
    > my Inbox. Sheesh.

    I'd say that was more due to spammers sending it

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Apr 7, 2006