    please can you help,i can't send out emails,it keeps coming up with
    errors,and connecting to internet when its already connected,also i can't
    preform backups,i'm going crazy
    mr j nott, Feb 14, 2004

  2. mr j nott

    Rifleman Guest

    "mr j nott" <> wrote in message
    news:TGtXb.12378$...
    > please can you help,i can't send out emails,it keeps coming up with
    > errors,and connecting to internet when its already connected,also i can't
    > preform backups,i'm going crazy

    For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as
    microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress (for OE 6), or
    an OE help website such as http://insideOE.tomsterdam.com. If you're
    accessing the Microsoft newsgroups through the MS Product Support
    Services "Community Newsgroups" web interface, click
    to get to the Internet Explorer groups, then click the plus sign next to
    your version of IE to see the link to the Outlook Express group for that
    version number. Good luck!
    Rifleman, Feb 14, 2004

  3. mr j nott

    Paul - xxx Guest

    mr j nott posted ...

    > please can you help,i can't send out emails,it keeps coming up with
    > errors,and connecting to internet when its already connected,also i
    > can't preform backups,i'm going crazy

    OK, you’ve asked for help, but to actually get any help you will need to
    provide a little more information as it’s my experience that very few people
    are ‘truly’ psychic. Think along the following lines. (Thanks Golem, good
    list, damn shame golem doesn’t use the newsgroups much nowadays...;-)

    What help do you require?
    What Operating System and version are you using?

    Is there an error message or code ?
    What program causes this error?

    What is the EXACT wording of the error ?
    When does the error happen?
    What are you trying to do when this happens?
    What else is running in the background?
    What changes have you made to your system right before this started?
    Did you Add/Remove any Software?
    Did you Add/Remove any Hardware?
    Did you make any new Tweaks?
    Did you apply any new patch?
    Do you get other error messages?

    Get the picture ? There’s no need to answer all the questions everytime,
    they are just a ‘flavour’ of what can help others gain an insight into what’
    s causing your problem and can help them formulate a good answer. When you
    get an answer, you may get more than one, it’s still up to you to decide
    what to do about the problem you have, but generally answers posted to a
    multitude may be better than answers posted directly to you. There are
    people who’ll deliberately screw your system. Don’t necessarily go for the
    first answer, wait a bit, someone will point out if it’s wrong .. eventually
    ... maybe .. ;)

    Have a look at these sites for further advice on posting and on Usenet.

    http://www.dickalba.demon.co.uk/usenet/guide/index.html

    http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    --
    Paul
    Paul - xxx, Feb 14, 2004
  4. mr j nott

    Sultan Guest

    mr j nott wrote in news:TGtXb.12378$:

    > please can you help,i can't send out emails,it keeps coming up with
    > errors,and connecting to internet when its already connected,also i can't
    > preform backups,i'm going crazy

    In OE go to Tools-Options-Connection Tab
    Select Change button under connection settings.
    Make sure the number you dial for blueyonder is set as default and set as
    always dial my default radio button.
    Click OK and Ok to exit

    Next click on Tools-Accounts- Mail Tab- select your account then click
    Edit- Make sure your smtp send and receive fields are correct.

    For backups try an utility such as this:
    http://www.brothersoft.com/Utilities_Backup_Outlook_Express_Backup_Wizard_
    17344.html
    or this:
    http://www.filetransit.com/view.php?id=7161

    I'm sure there must also be some freeware out there that will do the same
    thing so ask in alt.comp.freeware.

    Sultan

    Sultan, Feb 14, 2004