  1. Did any of the magazine cover disks carry a copy of this version ?

    Lindsay Rollo
    Wellington, New Zealand

    lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz, Nov 20, 2007

  2. lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz

    Cima Guest

    On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 10:00:30 +1300, lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz wrote:

    >Did any of the magazine cover disks carry a copy of this version ?

    It was included in the IE6 install, so if you have any old mag discs with IE6
    you'll be able to install from there.

    Cima, Nov 20, 2007

  3. lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz

    XPD Guest

    On Nov 21, 11:00 am, Cima <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 10:00:30 +1300, lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz wrote:
    > >Did any of the magazine cover disks carry a copy of this version ?

    > It was included in the IE6 install, so if you have any old mag discs with IE6
    > you'll be able to install from there.

    Or just download ie6setup.exe from Microsofts download site.

    XPD, Nov 20, 2007
  4. >Or just download ie6setup.exe from Microsofts download site.

    Been trying to get onto the MS site to download it for htree days --
    hence the question about cover disks

    Lindsay Rollo
    Wellington, New Zealand

    lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz, Nov 21, 2007
  5. On Nov 21, 1:21 pm, lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz wrote:
    > >Or just download ie6setup.exe from Microsofts download site.

    > Been trying to get onto the MS site to download it for htree days --
    > hence the question about cover disks

    I recommend you download and install Windows Live Mail

    http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

    It is the replacement for Outlook Express, Windows Mail etc installs
    onto Windows XP and Windows Vista
    and their blog http://morethanmail.spaces.live.com/

    Cheers
    Nathan

    Nathan Mercer, Nov 22, 2007
  6. lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh interweb Nathan Mercer typed:
    > On Nov 21, 1:21 pm, lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz wrote:
    >>> Or just download ie6setup.exe from Microsofts download site.

    >> Been trying to get onto the MS site to download it for htree days --
    >> hence the question about cover disks

    > I recommend you download and install Windows Live Mail
    >
    > http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
    >
    > It is the replacement for Outlook Express, Windows Mail etc installs
    > onto Windows XP and Windows Vista
    > and their blog http://morethanmail.spaces.live.com/

    Hi Nathan,

    Will it co-exist beside Outlook Express on XP? I'd like to trial it for
    newsgroup reading but don't want to commit until I'm sure I'll prefer it
    over OE.

    Thanks.
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Nov 22, 2007
  7. lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Nathan Mercer" <> wrote in message
    > On Nov 21, 1:21 pm, lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz wrote:
    >> >Or just download ie6setup.exe from Microsofts download site.

    >> Been trying to get onto the MS site to download it for htree days --
    >> hence the question about cover disks

    > I recommend you download and install Windows Live Mail
    >
    > http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
    >
    > It is the replacement for Outlook Express, Windows Mail etc installs
    > onto Windows XP and Windows Vista
    > and their blog http://morethanmail.spaces.live.com/
    >
    > Cheers
    > Nathan

    Live Mail can't do what OE6 can. Live Mail was designed to be far more
    limited.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Nov 22, 2007
  8. Have solved the OE problem : found a copy on PCWorld NZ cover disk for
    may 2003.

    Installed and up and running.

    Tks for suggestions.

    Lindsay Rollo
    Wellington, New Zealand

    lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz, Nov 22, 2007
  9. lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz

    geoff Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Somewhere on teh interweb Nathan Mercer typed:
    >>>
    >>> Been trying to get onto the MS site to download it for htree days --
    >>> hence the question about cover disks

    >> I recommend you download and install Windows Live Mail
    >>
    >> http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
    >>
    >> It is the replacement for Outlook Express, Windows Mail etc installs
    >> onto Windows XP and Windows Vista
    >> and their blog http://morethanmail.spaces.live.com/

    > Hi Nathan,
    >
    > Will it co-exist beside Outlook Express on XP? I'd like to trial it
    > for newsgroup reading but don't want to commit until I'm sure I'll
    > prefer it over OE.

    Yep, works just fine, just don't tell it to be the default email/newsreader.
    But It doesn't seem to do as much as OE for newreader functions, at least
    not obviously.

    geoff

    geoff, Nov 22, 2007
  10. lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh interweb geoff typed:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> Somewhere on teh interweb Nathan Mercer typed:

    >>> I recommend you download and install Windows Live Mail
    >>>
    >>> http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
    >>>
    >>> It is the replacement for Outlook Express, Windows Mail etc installs
    >>> onto Windows XP and Windows Vista
    >>> and their blog http://morethanmail.spaces.live.com/

    >> Hi Nathan,
    >>
    >> Will it co-exist beside Outlook Express on XP? I'd like to trial it
    >> for newsgroup reading but don't want to commit until I'm sure I'll
    >> prefer it over OE.
    >>

    > Yep, works just fine, just don't tell it to be the default
    > email/newsreader. But It doesn't seem to do as much as OE for
    > newreader functions, at least not obviously.

    Thanks for that Geoff, I might give it a try.

    Cheers,
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Nov 22, 2007