    signature box and saving but each time a new mail is created the formatting
    is lost.
    Thanks in advance for any tips.

    don Ford, Sep 16, 2006

  2. don Ford

    Mike Easter Guest

    don Ford wrote:
    = IE/OE SP2

    > Can anyone offer advice on how to get the two lines of signature
    > centred rather than it reverting to left default?

    What are you trying to sign? Plaintext in news? Plaintext in mail?
    Something else? Are you trying to autosign or sign with insert
    signature?

    Using native OE and autosigning news is not a good configuration.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Sep 16, 2006

  3. don Ford

    Mike Easter Guest

    don Ford wrote:

    > Can anyone offer advice on how to get the two lines of signature
    > centred rather than it reverting to left default?

    When you edit the signature, you can put spaces to the left of the first
    letter of the sig line/s.

    Or alternatively, you can create a text file like a sig, where the first
    line is the dash dash space, and the next line is spaces followed by sig
    content and the next line is spaces followed by sig content. Save as a
    sigcenter.txt file.

    Then when you get ready to sign, you insert text file and insert the
    sigcenter.txt.

    If you aren't happy with the centering, then you finetune the .txt file
    spaces on either line to suit yourself.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Sep 16, 2006
  4. don Ford

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-09-16, don Ford <> wrote:
    > Using OE6 with XP Home.
    > Can anyone offer advice on how to get the two lines of signature centred
    > rather than it reverting to left default?
    > We have tried creating and formatting it as centred text then copying and
    > pasting this into the signature box but the centre format reverts to left-
    > hand.
    > Additionally have used the cursor to position the text correctly in the
    > signature box and saving but each time a new mail is created the formatting
    > is lost.
    > Thanks in advance for any tips.

    Centre where? You don't know where the centre of my display or reader
    interface is, and your software certainly doesn't - whether you are
    talking about emails or usenet articles. If you send anything but plain
    text then you really have no idea what it will look like to your
    recipient, so your software is trying to help you by making sure that the
    sig you see is as nearly as possible the sig your recipients will see.
    One of things OE actually doesn't get wrong :))

    --
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Sep 16, 2006