    Luke

    Goodwill,
    Luke
    Luke O'Malley, Aug 31, 2005

  2. Luke O'Malley

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Luke O'Malley <> wrote in news:tllRe.49$Rd7.39
    @fe11.lga:

    > My Outlook Express will not send mail. The server for sending and
    > receiveing is mail.optonline.net, but it doesn't work. I get a msg
    > about the server or the network. I tells me that it has gone off
    > line.
    >
    > Please help!
    >
    > Goodwill,
    > Luke
    >
    > Goodwill,
    > Luke

    What is the exact error message?

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Aug 31, 2005

  3. Luke O'Malley

    Mike Easter Guest

    Luke O'Malley wrote:
    > My Outlook Express will not send mail. The server for sending and
    > receiveing is mail.optonline.net, but it doesn't work. I get a msg
    > about the server or the network. I tells me that it has gone off
    > line.

    If you are traveling you have to do things differently
    http://traveler.optonline.net/email.htm "If you use an e-mail program
    such as Outlook or Outlook Express, you will encounter the following
    problems when traveling."

    Use traveler.optonline.net for outgoing or webmail.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Aug 31, 2005
  4. Luke O'Malley

    johnny o Guest

    "Mike Easter" <> wrote in message
    > Luke O'Malley wrote:
    >> My Outlook Express will not send mail. The server for sending and
    >> receiveing is mail.optonline.net, but it doesn't work. I get a msg
    >> about the server or the network. I tells me that it has gone off
    >> line.

    > If you are traveling you have to do things differently
    > http://traveler.optonline.net/email.htm "If you use an e-mail program
    > such as Outlook or Outlook Express, you will encounter the following
    > problems when traveling."
    >
    > Use traveler.optonline.net for outgoing or webmail.
    >
    > --
    > Mike Easter

    that was cool
    johnny
    johnny o, Sep 1, 2005
  5. In article Xns96C37CCEA844Dnotmenotmecom@63.240.76.16,
    Duane Arnold <> said:
    -->
    -->
    -->Luke O'Malley <> wrote in
    -->news:tllRe.49$Rd7.39
    -->@fe11.lga:
    -->
    -->> My Outlook Express will not send mail. The server for sending
    -->and
    -->> receiveing is mail.optonline.net, but it doesn't work. I get a
    -->msg
    -->> about the server or the network. I tells me that it has gone
    -->off
    -->> line.
    -->>
    -->> Please help!
    -->>
    -->> Goodwill,
    -->> Luke
    -->>
    -->> Goodwill,
    -->> Luke
    -->>
    -->>
    -->>
    -->
    -->What is the exact error message?
    -->
    -->Duane :)
    -->
    -->
    -->

    Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible
    causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long
    period of inactivity. Account: 'Mail Server', Server:
    'mail.optonline.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
    Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

    Goodwill,
    Luke
    Luke O'Malley, Sep 2, 2005
  6. In article 431600de$0$34319$,
    "Mike Easter" <> said:
    -->
    -->
    -->Luke O'Malley wrote:
    -->> My Outlook Express will not send mail. The server for sending
    -->and
    -->> receiveing is mail.optonline.net, but it doesn't work. I get a
    -->msg
    -->> about the server or the network. I tells me that it has gone
    -->off
    -->> line.
    -->
    -->If you are traveling you have to do things differently
    -->http://traveler.optonline.net/email.htm "If you use an e-mail
    -->program
    -->such as Outlook or Outlook Express, you will encounter the
    -->following
    -->problems when traveling."
    -->
    -->Use traveler.optonline.net for outgoing or webmail.
    -->
    -->--
    -->Mike Easter
    -->
    -->
    -->
    -->

    Many thanks - but I have not been traveling.

    Goodwill,
    Luke
    Luke O'Malley, Sep 2, 2005
  7. Luke O'Malley

    Mike Easter Guest

    Luke O'Malley wrote:
    > "Mike Easter"

    > -->If you are traveling you have to do things differently

    > Many thanks - but I have not been traveling.

    In that case, first check system status here

    http://www.optonline.net/Registration?referer=/ServiceStatus2&domain=/ServiceStatus2

    Then go to the OE configuration tool

    http://www.optonline.net/Cservice/Article?CID=type=reg&channel=68&article=2366081

    Which I think is a stupid way to get OE configured, by allowing a
    provider's tool to modify your registry, instead of just providing you
    with the information necessary to setup an account properly. If you
    don't like that, you will have to talk to them on the 'phone.

    Bad support configuration there. Screenshots would be much wiser.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Sep 2, 2005
  8. Luke O'Malley

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Luke O'Malley <> wrote in news:6gMRe.5692
    $:

    > In article Xns96C37CCEA844Dnotmenotmecom@63.240.76.16,
    > Duane Arnold <> said:
    > -->
    > -->
    > -->Luke O'Malley <> wrote in
    > -->news:tllRe.49$Rd7.39
    > -->@fe11.lga:
    > -->
    > -->> My Outlook Express will not send mail. The server for sending
    > -->and
    > -->> receiveing is mail.optonline.net, but it doesn't work. I get a
    > -->msg
    > -->> about the server or the network. I tells me that it has gone
    > -->off
    > -->> line.
    > -->>
    > -->> Please help!
    > -->>
    > -->> Goodwill,
    > -->> Luke
    > -->>
    > -->> Goodwill,
    > -->> Luke
    > -->>
    > -->>
    > -->>
    > -->
    > -->What is the exact error message?
    > -->
    > -->Duane :)
    > -->
    > -->
    > -->
    >
    > Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible
    > causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long
    > period of inactivity. Account: 'Mail Server', Server:
    > 'mail.optonline.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
    > Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

    http://members.connectto.net/email/outlookexpress_0x800CCC0E.htm

    You can test your Internet mail connection with Telnet.

    telnet mail.optonline.net 25

    It should comeback with 220 message.

    telnet mail.optonline.net 110

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;187785

    You can enter QUIT to exit Telnet

    Have you contacted your ISP about the situation?

    Maybe you're having some kind of authentication issue.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Sep 2, 2005
  9. In article Xns96C4CAFFED3C6notmenotmecom@204.127.199.17,
    Duane Arnold <> said:
    -->
    -->Luke O'Malley <> wrote in news:6gMRe.5692
    -->$:
    -->
    -->> In article Xns96C37CCEA844Dnotmenotmecom@63.240.76.16,
    -->> Duane Arnold <> said:
    -->> -->
    -->> -->
    -->> -->Luke O'Malley <> wrote in
    -->> -->news:tllRe.49$Rd7.39
    -->> -->@fe11.lga:
    -->> -->
    -->> -->> My Outlook Express will not send mail. The server for
    -->sending
    -->> -->and
    -->> -->> receiveing is mail.optonline.net, but it doesn't work. I
    -->get a
    -->> -->msg
    -->> -->> about the server or the network. I tells me that it has
    -->gone
    -->> -->off
    -->> -->> line.
    -->> -->>
    -->> -->> Please help!
    -->> -->>
    -->> -->> Goodwill,
    -->> -->> Luke
    -->> -->>
    -->> -->> Goodwill,
    -->> -->> Luke
    -->> -->>
    -->> -->>
    -->> -->>
    -->> -->
[...]

    Thanks, I will follow your suggestins.

    Goodwill,
    Luke
    Luke O'Malley, Sep 2, 2005
  10. In article 43179af4$0$29898$,
    "Mike Easter" <> said:
    -->
    -->Luke O'Malley wrote:
    -->> "Mike Easter"
    -->
    -->> -->If you are traveling you have to do things differently
    -->
    -->> Many thanks - but I have not been traveling.
    -->
    -->In that case, first check system status here
    -->
    -->http://www.optonline.net/Registration?referer=/ServiceStatus2&dom
    -->ain=%2FServiceStatus2
    -->
    -->Then go to the OE configuration tool
    -->
    -->http://www.optonline.net/Cservice/Article?CID=type=reg&channel%
    -->3D68%26article%3D2366081
    -->
    -->Which I think is a stupid way to get OE configured, by allowing a
    -->provider's tool to modify your registry, instead of just
    -->providing you
    -->with the information necessary to setup an account properly. If
    -->you
    -->don't like that, you will have to talk to them on the 'phone.
    -->
    -->Bad support configuration there. Screenshots would be much wiser.
    -->
    -->--
    -->Mike Easter
    -->
    -->
    -->

    Thanks, for the suggestions, I will follow up.

    Goodwill,
    Luke
    Luke O'Malley, Sep 2, 2005