outlook express 6 news group problems

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by tflfb, Nov 2, 2003.

  1. tflfb

    tflfb Guest

    I was trying to figure out why it took longer than usual to view newsgroups
    ( the hour glass was there ) when I clicked on a group, for a longer time
    than usual.

    So I went to outlook> tools> options> and clicked clean up now.

    After that I could not view any messages they were blank, or I would get a
    error that said unable to connect to server, or cannot locate server.
    800ccc0e, or 800cccod

    What did I do wrong?

    I did a system restore to an earlier date and thought I had the problem
    reversed, this morning I was getting error codes, same as above, so I
    removed news groups re-booted, re-configured news groups and I am back in
    business.

    I still get the unable to connect error

    Thanks Tom

    tflfb, Nov 2, 2003

  2. tflfb

    tflfb Guest

    I think I found the problem in control panel > network connections, what
    caused the problem I don't know.

    Tom

    tflfb, Nov 2, 2003

  3. tflfb

    tflfb Guest

    Is anyone else seeing an error message that unablethem to connect toO/E
    newsgroups?

    The error message says unable to connect> details 800ccc0e.

    Thought I had this figured out, but when I attempted to view a news group I
    got the above error message, then I tried again and connected.

    Useing a dial up DSL modem( Intel 3200) never had problems in the pass.

    Thanks Tom

    tflfb, Nov 3, 2003