    with the same results.... HTML is not working like it should... I know
    some don't like HTML, but on occasion I want to use it, and it should work.
    Thanks Chet...

    Chet, Jun 9, 2004

  2. Chet

    Boomer Guest

    Chet <> wrote:

    > My outlook Express has taken a hike. I would like to remove it,
    > and load a fresh version on. How does one go about that.
    > Perhaps save existing mail, and address book, then Uninstall?
    > If I don't remove it completely, what are the chances of the old
    > files (outlook's) still being there and I end up with the same
    > results.... HTML is not working like it should... I know some
    > don't like HTML, but on occasion I want to use it, and it should
    > work. Thanks Chet...

    Hi

    Can't you 'Repair' it? Or reinstall a fresh copy?

    Boomer, Jun 9, 2004

  3. Chet

    one_red_eye Guest

    "Chet" <> wrote in message
    > My outlook Express has taken a hike. I would like to remove it, and load

    > fresh version on. How does one go about that. Perhaps save existing

    mail,
    > and address book, then Uninstall? If I don't remove it completely, what
    > are the chances of the old files (outlook's) still being there and I end

    up
    > with the same results.... HTML is not working like it should... I know
    > some don't like HTML, but on occasion I want to use it, and it should

    work.
    > Thanks Chet...

    Assuming you're using WinXP, you can do a "Repair" install. Boot with the
    windows CD and choose the "Repair" option.

    --
    Despite the high cost of living,
    it remains popular.

    one_red_eye, Jun 10, 2004
  4. Chet

    Toolman Tim Guest

    one_red_eye wrote:
    > "Chet" <> wrote in message
    >> My outlook Express has taken a hike. I would like to remove it, and
    >> load a fresh version on. How does one go about that. Perhaps save
    >> existing mail, and address book, then Uninstall? If I don't remove
    >> it completely, what are the chances of the old files (outlook's)
    >> still being there and I end up with the same results.... HTML is
    >> not working like it should... I know some don't like HTML, but on
    >> occasion I want to use it, and it should work. Thanks Chet...

    > Assuming you're using WinXP, you can do a "Repair" install. Boot with
    > the windows CD and choose the "Repair" option.

    That's a bit overkill. Doing the "Repair" removes all MS patches and
    upgrades leaving the PC vulnerable until they are all re-installed.

    --
    Of all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most. ~M. Twain

    Toolman Tim, Jun 10, 2004
  5. Chet

    one_red_eye Guest

    > > Assuming you're using WinXP, you can do a "Repair" install. Boot with
    > > the windows CD and choose the "Repair" option.

    > That's a bit overkill. Doing the "Repair" removes all MS patches and
    > upgrades leaving the PC vulnerable until they are all re-installed.
    >
    > --
    > Of all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most. ~M. Twain

    You have a better idea?

    one_red_eye, Jun 10, 2004
  6. Chet

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Chet wrote:
    > My outlook Express has taken a hike. I would like to remove it, and
    > load a fresh version on. How does one go about that. Perhaps save
    > existing mail, and address book, then Uninstall? If I don't remove
    > it completely, what are the chances of the old files (outlook's)
    > still being there and I end up with the same results.... HTML is
    > not working like it should... I know some don't like HTML, but on
    > occasion I want to use it, and it should work. Thanks Chet...

    I think you have the right idea...backup your data first.

    The message store is located at C:\Documents and
    Settings\(your_user_name)\Local Settings\Application
    Data\Identities\{GUID_strange_alphanumeric_foldername}\Microsoft\Outlook
    Express

    The address book is C:\Documents and Settings\(your_user_name)\Application
    Data\Microsoft\Address Book

    http://www.theeldergeek.com/repair_reinstall_ie_and_oe_6.htm

    That covers most of it. Read ALL of it before starting.

    --
    Of all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most. ~M. Twain

    Toolman Tim, Jun 10, 2004
  7. Chet

    Toolman Tim Guest

    one_red_eye wrote:
    >>> Assuming you're using WinXP, you can do a "Repair" install. Boot
    >>> with the windows CD and choose the "Repair" option.

    >> That's a bit overkill. Doing the "Repair" removes all MS patches and
    >> upgrades leaving the PC vulnerable until they are all re-installed.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Of all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most. ~M. Twain
    >>

    > You have a better idea?

    Actually, yes...but I just posted it. It'll be there in a moment ;o)

    --
    Of all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most. ~M. Twain

    Toolman Tim, Jun 10, 2004
  8. Chet

    Sunny Guest

    http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/cd/order.asp
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;833242&Product=winme

    Sunny, Jun 10, 2004
  9. Chet

    Chet Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in

    > The message store is located at C:\Documents and
    > Settings\(your_user_name)\Local Settings\Application
    > Data\Identities\{GUID_strange_alphanumeric_foldername}\Microsoft\Outloo
    > k Express
    >
    > The address book is C:\Documents and
    > Settings\(your_user_name)\Application Data\Microsoft\Address Book
    >
    > http://www.theeldergeek.com/repair_reinstall_ie_and_oe_6.htm
    >
    > That covers most of it. Read ALL of it before starting.

    Thanks for the help folks.... I'll give it a shot.. I am sorry to say I
    didn't mention I was using Windows ME...

    Chet, Jun 20, 2004