Outlook Express 6 Inbox won't show itself.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by D.L. Man, Aug 23, 2004.

  1. D.L. Man

    D.L. Man Guest

    I have been able to look at other folders and the NG but the Inbox will not
    display. This is what it says. I don't know what went wrong can someone help
    get things back in order.
    Folder could not be displayed
    Outlook Express could not open this folder.

    ----

    Possible causes are:

    a.. Low disk space.

    b.. Low memory.

    Outlook Express

    D.L. Man, Aug 23, 2004

  2. D.L. Man

    WormWood Guest

    ------
    > ----
    >
    > Possible causes are:
    >
    > a.. Low disk space.
    >
    > b.. Low memory.

    This may sound *too* simple, but my first thought
    is......Reboot......You may be surprised.

    WormWood, Aug 23, 2004

  3. D.L. Man

    D.L. Man Guest

    "WormWood" <jojo@..com-de-com.com> wrote in message

    > "D.L. Man" <> wrote in message
    > > I have been able to look at other folders and the NG but the Inbox

    > will not
    > > display. This is what it says. I don't know what went wrong can

    > someone help
    > > get things back in order.
    > > Folder could not be displayed
    > > Outlook Express could not open this folder.

    > ------
    > > ----
    > >
    > > Possible causes are:
    > >
    > > a.. Low disk space.
    > >
    > > b.. Low memory.
    > >

    > This may sound *too* simple, but my first thought
    > is......Reboot......You may be surprised.

    I have tried that several times I tried reinstalling the IE 6 and I don't
    think that reinstalls anything. I have tried most of the common problem
    solving things like turning off everything before opening the OE and I am
    still scratching my head wondering what's going on.

    D.L. Man, Aug 23, 2004
  4. D.L. Man

    WormWood Guest

    "D.L. Man" <> wrote in message

    > "WormWood" <jojo@..com-de-com.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "D.L. Man" <> wrote in message
    > > > I have been able to look at other folders and the NG but the Inbox

    > > will not
    > > > display. This is what it says. I don't know what went wrong can

    > > someone help
    > > > get things back in order.
    > > > Folder could not be displayed
    > > > Outlook Express could not open this folder.

    > > ------
    > > > ----
    > > >
    > > > Possible causes are:
    > > >
    > > > a.. Low disk space.
    > > >
    > > > b.. Low memory.
    > > >

    > > This may sound *too* simple, but my first thought
    > > is......Reboot......You may be surprised.
    > >

    > I have tried that several times I tried reinstalling the IE 6 and I

    don't
    > think that reinstalls anything. I have tried most of the common

    problem
    > solving things like turning off everything before opening the OE and I

    am
    > still scratching my head wondering what's going on.

    Try, if you haven't already, IE / Tools / Internet Options / General
    Tab. Clear cookies, files (tick the box for offline content,) and
    history.

    WormWood, Aug 23, 2004
  5. D.L. Man

    > "D.L. Man" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "WormWood" <jojo@..com-de-com.com> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > "D.L. Man" <> wrote in message
    > > > will not
    > > > someone help

    > > > ------

    > > > This may sound *too* simple, but my first thought
    > > > is......Reboot......You may be surprised.
    > > >

    > > I have tried that several times I tried reinstalling the IE 6 and I

    > don't
    > > think that reinstalls anything. I have tried most of the common

    > problem
    > > solving things like turning off everything before opening the OE and I

    > am
    > > still scratching my head wondering what's going on.
    > >

    > Try, if you haven't already, IE / Tools / Internet Options / General
    > Tab. Clear cookies, files (tick the box for offline content,) and
    > history.

    Still nothing and I get this error message too when it starts and trys to
    check for mail.
    An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'mail.dnvr.qwest.net', Server:
    'mail.dnvr.qwest.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error
    Number: 0x800C013B

    D.L. Man, Aug 23, 2004
  6. D.L. Man

    WormWood Guest

    "D.L. Man" <> wrote in message

    > "WormWood" <jojo@..com-de-com.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "D.L. Man" <> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > "WormWood" <jojo@..com-de-com.com> wrote in message

    Inbox

    can

    > > > I have tried that several times I tried reinstalling the IE 6 and

    > > don't
    > > > think that reinstalls anything. I have tried most of the common

    > > problem
    > > > solving things like turning off everything before opening the OE

    and I
    > > am
    > > > still scratching my head wondering what's going on.
    > > >

    > > Try, if you haven't already, IE / Tools / Internet Options / General
    > > Tab. Clear cookies, files (tick the box for offline content,) and
    > > history.

    > Still nothing and I get this error message too when it starts and trys

    > check for mail.
    > An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'mail.dnvr.qwest.net', Server:
    > 'mail.dnvr.qwest.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,

    Error
    > Number: 0x800C013B

    NOW, we are getting somewhere! Contact qwest and have that error
    message handy.

    WormWood, Aug 25, 2004