  1. How do I stop my folders collapsing each time I close Outlook
    Express...Please
    Mike

    Michael Robarts, Aug 4, 2003

  2. Michael Robarts

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Michael Robarts said:

    > How do I stop my folders collapsing each time I close Outlook
    > Express...Please
    > Mike

    Highlight your inbox before closing, or set to go to the inbox when starting.

    Brian H¹©, Aug 4, 2003

  3. Michael Robarts wrote:
    > How do I stop my folders collapsing each time I close Outlook
    > Express...Please
    > Mike

    Open Outlook Express
    at the top where it says "Create Mail"
    under those words "Create Mail" you will see--in the greyish area- the words
    "Inbox"
    click there
    you will see the words push pin
    click on that pin and your folders will stay on the menu every time you go
    to OE6.
    If you have plus signs by your folders, click the plus signs first before
    you pish the pin.
    Once the window is pinned you can size it to your needs with your mouse and
    cursor.

    --
    longshotjohn 7

    http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/hot2trot

    because of those who look on and do nothing. --Albert Einstein

    longshotjohn7, Aug 7, 2003
  4. Michael Robarts

    Peter Johns Guest

    On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 10:16:52 -0500, "longshotjohn7"
    <> wrote:

    >Michael Robarts wrote:
    >> How do I stop my folders collapsing each time I close Outlook
    >> Express...Please
    >> Mike

    >Open Outlook Express
    >at the top where it says "Create Mail"
    >under those words "Create Mail" you will see--in the greyish area- the words
    >"Inbox"
    >click there
    >you will see the words push pin
    >click on that pin and your folders will stay on the menu every time you go
    >to OE6.
    >If you have plus signs by your folders, click the plus signs first before
    >you pish the pin.
    >Once the window is pinned you can size it to your needs with your mouse and
    >cursor.

    Nothing like that on my OE v6.00.2800.1123

    Peter Johns, Aug 8, 2003
  5. Peter Johns wrote:
    > On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 10:16:52 -0500, "longshotjohn7"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Michael Robarts wrote:
    >>> How do I stop my folders collapsing each time I close Outlook
    >>> Express...Please
    >>> Mike

    >> Open Outlook Express
    >> at the top where it says "Create Mail"
    >> under those words "Create Mail" you will see--in the greyish area-
    >> the words "Inbox"
    >> click there
    >> you will see the words push pin
    >> click on that pin and your folders will stay on the menu every time
    >> you go to OE6.
    >> If you have plus signs by your folders, click the plus signs first
    >> before you pish the pin.
    >> Once the window is pinned you can size it to your needs with your
    >> mouse and cursor.

    > Nothing like that on my OE v6.00.2800.1123

    It may say something else entirely in that grey area under "create mail".

    By default it may say OUTLOOK EXPRESS, and if so then you have found it.
    Right now mine says-in that area --the name of the group I am in. But the
    pin can be located at that spot in OE6.

    longshotjohn7, Aug 8, 2003
  6. Michael Robarts

    Peter Johns Guest

    On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 21:10:08 -0500, "longshotjohn7"
    <> wrote:

    >Peter Johns wrote:
    >> On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 10:16:52 -0500, "longshotjohn7"
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> Open Outlook Express
    >>> at the top where it says "Create Mail"
    >>> under those words "Create Mail" you will see--in the greyish area-
    >>> the words "Inbox"
    >>> click there
    >>> you will see the words push pin
    >>> click on that pin and your folders will stay on the menu every time
    >>> you go to OE6.
    >>> If you have plus signs by your folders, click the plus signs first
    >>> before you pish the pin.
    >>> Once the window is pinned you can size it to your needs with your
    >>> mouse and cursor.

    >> Nothing like that on my OE v6.00.2800.1123

    >It may say something else entirely in that grey area under "create mail".
    >
    >By default it may say OUTLOOK EXPRESS, and if so then you have found it.
    >Right now mine says-in that area --the name of the group I am in. But the
    >pin can be located at that spot in OE6.

    Nope - definitely no pin!! :-(

    Peter Johns, Aug 9, 2003
  7. Peter Johns wrote:

    > Nope - definitely no pin!! :-(

    http://www.by-users.co.uk/faqs/nontechfaq/oe/

    Look at the screen shot in this sample. It may look like that. If so, you
    will see "Inbox" in the grey area...under "new Mail" under that you will
    see the word "folders". To its right you will see an "x". click that "x".
    Then click whatever word is in the grey area..in this sample it is "inbox".
    after clicking on the word "inbox" in this sample at this stage, you will
    see "click push pin to keep open" or similar words. The pin is to the
    right--ya can't miss it.

    longshotjohn7, Aug 9, 2003
  8. Michael Robarts

    Peter Johns Guest

    On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 03:26:22 -0500, "longshotjohn7"
    <> wrote:

    >Peter Johns wrote:
    >> >

    >> Nope - definitely no pin!! :-(

    >http://www.by-users.co.uk/faqs/nontechfaq/oe/
    >
    >Look at the screen shot in this sample. It may look like that. If so, you
    >will see "Inbox" in the grey area...under "new Mail" under that you will
    >see the word "folders". To its right you will see an "x". click that "x".
    >Then click whatever word is in the grey area..in this sample it is "inbox".
    >after clicking on the word "inbox" in this sample at this stage, you will
    >see "click push pin to keep open" or similar words. The pin is to the
    >right--ya can't miss it.

    Thanks for your efforts in explaining. I found the pin after I shut
    the folders list - it is only there when the folders list is NOT
    there! I always had my folders list open and that is why I could not
    find it.

    Cheers ..........

    Peter Johns, Aug 11, 2003