    headers one click at a time, it look as if no new post are download after a
    certain amount?

    help

    Wolfer, Oct 10, 2003

  2. Wolfer

    gigajosh Guest

    Leave the max headers setting empty (i.e. don't set a max)
    Right-click the newsgroup in the left-hand panel of Outlook Express, and find
    the button that says reset. This will delete all current messages and
    re-download ALL!

    gigajosh, Oct 10, 2003

  3. Wolfer

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Wolfer said:

    > Can someone pls help me understand how these newsgroups work?
    > What I want to know is when I subscribe to a group that has, lets say 20,000
    > messages. how do I view them all. I've set outlook to retrieve 1000 headers
    > at a time but that could take years. And when I try and retrieve all the
    > headers one click at a time, it look as if no new post are download after a
    > certain amount?
    >
    > help

    www.absey-vine.co.uk/helpdesk/ a number of links to pages of great interest to
    you.

    Brian H¹©, Oct 10, 2003
  4. Wolfer

    °Mike° Guest

    Your best bet is a different reader than OE - a real reader, in
    other words.

    Agent
    http://www.forteinc.com/

    Xnews