Outlook - Exchange problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Guest, Feb 2, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hello,

    On only 1 PC in a network i have the problem that I cannot connect to the
    exchange server.

    I get when I do 'Check Names an error message that there is no exchange
    server is avaiable.
    When I ping the exchange server (by name) this works fine.
    When I log on to that machine with another userprofile the same problem
    occurs.
    Rebooting the exchange server did not help

    When I try to connect on another PC with the users profile there is no
    problem at all.

    The problem started after I 'repaired' the W2000 OS by doing a (re)
    installation on that machine.

    De installing Office XP and install it again did not help.

    In my opinion it should be something within the PC itselves.

    Any idea ??

    Thanks in advance for your reactions

    Wil Jansen

    Guest, Feb 2, 2006

  2. Guest

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 19:30:57 +0100, <> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >On only 1 PC in a network i have the problem that I cannot connect to the
    >exchange server.
    >
    >I get when I do 'Check Names an error message that there is no exchange
    >server is avaiable.
    >When I ping the exchange server (by name) this works fine.
    >When I log on to that machine with another userprofile the same problem
    >occurs.
    >Rebooting the exchange server did not help
    >
    >When I try to connect on another PC with the users profile there is no
    >problem at all.
    >
    >The problem started after I 'repaired' the W2000 OS by doing a (re)
    >installation on that machine.
    >
    >De installing Office XP and install it again did not help.
    >
    >In my opinion it should be something within the PC itselves.
    >
    >Any idea ??
    >
    >Thanks in advance for your reactions

    Firewall? Ask your network administrator?

    Oh wait.. I think I know the answer to that.

    Evan Platt, Feb 2, 2006

  3. wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > On only 1 PC in a network i have the problem that I cannot connect to the
    > exchange server.
    >
    > I get when I do 'Check Names an error message that there is no exchange
    > server is avaiable.
    > When I ping the exchange server (by name) this works fine.
    > When I log on to that machine with another userprofile the same problem
    > occurs.
    > Rebooting the exchange server did not help
    >
    > When I try to connect on another PC with the users profile there is no
    > problem at all.
    >
    > The problem started after I 'repaired' the W2000 OS by doing a (re)
    > installation on that machine.

    I guess your machine is or more likely was a domain member, and is/was
    authenticated as such. Remove and re-add it to the domain.

    Linux 2.6.14-mm1 [LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

    Walter Mautner, Feb 2, 2006