    Any help would be appreciated,
    Thanks
    Joe
    JJ, Mar 7, 2008

  2. JJ

    sandy58 Guest

    On Mar 7, 3:10 pm, "JJ" <> wrote:
    > My system is rejecting email from a business I am dealing with. I have the
    > person in my address book but still no luck. For the time being I am using
    > my work email but this can't continue. The emails do not appear in my junk
    > folder either, I just don't get them.
    > I am using Win XP Pro with Office and Outlook 2003. My incoming server is
    > pop.att.yahoo.com. It is required I use an encrypted (SSL) connection of
    > 995.
    > This business has an IT dept and they mailed me the following instructions
    > but I don't know what they are talking about:
    >
    > I reviewed the error messages contained in both emails. The error messages
    > describe that Joe's email system (LDAP) blocked your email replies.
    > Ideally, he should whitelist your IP address 75.7.74.182, the domain
    > mail.XXX.com and your email address. Based on his email address, he may
    > need to do this on his POP3 email account or his exchange server.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated,
    > Thanks
    > Joe

    The IT guy is saying (basically & I hate this word) that the e-mail
    address in question has, in the past, been blacklisted (blocked) & it
    needs to be "whitelisted" again. (unblocked)
    sandy58, Mar 8, 2008

  3. JJ

    JJ Guest

    "sandy58" <> wrote in message
    > On Mar 7, 3:10 pm, "JJ" <> wrote:
    >> My system is rejecting email from a business I am dealing with. I have
    >> the
    >> person in my address book but still no luck. For the time being I am
    >> using
    >> my work email but this can't continue. The emails do not appear in my
    >> junk
    >> folder either, I just don't get them.
    >> I am using Win XP Pro with Office and Outlook 2003. My incoming server
    >> is
    >> pop.att.yahoo.com. It is required I use an encrypted (SSL) connection of
    >> 995.
    >> This business has an IT dept and they mailed me the following
    >> instructions
    >> but I don't know what they are talking about:
    >>
    >> I reviewed the error messages contained in both emails. The error
    >> messages
    >> describe that Joe's email system (LDAP) blocked your email replies.
    >> Ideally, he should whitelist your IP address 75.7.74.182, the domain
    >> mail.XXX.com and your email address. Based on his email address, he may
    >> need to do this on his POP3 email account or his exchange server.
    >>
    >> Any help would be appreciated,
    >> Thanks
    >> Joe

    > The IT guy is saying (basically & I hate this word) that the e-mail
    > address in question has, in the past, been blacklisted (blocked) & it
    > needs to be "whitelisted" again. (unblocked)

    That much I gathered but how do unblock it in Outlook. It certainly is
    nothing I ever deemed as spam previously.
    Thanks,
    Joe
    JJ, Mar 8, 2008
  4. JJ

    JJ Guest

    "JJ" <> wrote in message

    > "sandy58" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mar 7, 3:10 pm, "JJ" <> wrote:
    >>> My system is rejecting email from a business I am dealing with. I have
    >>> the
    >>> person in my address book but still no luck. For the time being I am
    >>> using
    >>> my work email but this can't continue. The emails do not appear in my
    >>> junk
    >>> folder either, I just don't get them.
    >>> I am using Win XP Pro with Office and Outlook 2003. My incoming server
    >>> is
    >>> pop.att.yahoo.com. It is required I use an encrypted (SSL) connection
    >>> of
    >>> 995.
    >>> This business has an IT dept and they mailed me the following
    >>> instructions
    >>> but I don't know what they are talking about:
    >>>
    >>> I reviewed the error messages contained in both emails. The error
    >>> messages
    >>> describe that Joe's email system (LDAP) blocked your email replies.
    >>> Ideally, he should whitelist your IP address 75.7.74.182, the domain
    >>> mail.XXX.com and your email address. Based on his email address, he may
    >>> need to do this on his POP3 email account or his exchange server.
    >>>
    >>> Any help would be appreciated,
    >>> Thanks
    >>> Joe

    >> The IT guy is saying (basically & I hate this word) that the e-mail
    >> address in question has, in the past, been blacklisted (blocked) & it
    >> needs to be "whitelisted" again. (unblocked)

    > That much I gathered but how do unblock it in Outlook. It certainly is
    > nothing I ever deemed as spam previously.
    > Thanks,
    > Joe

    Additional follow-up. I've gone into the Action/Junk email menu in Outlook
    and added the sender to safe list, added his domain to the safe list. Is
    there some other setting I need to change?
    JJ, Mar 8, 2008