  1. anon

    anon Guest

    How do I get to the folder that contains Outlook Contacts?

    anon, Jul 20, 2007

  2. anon

    Gordon Guest

    anon wrote:
    > How do I get to the folder that contains Outlook Contacts?

    It's in your pst file. What do you want to do with it?

    Gordon, Jul 20, 2007

  3. anon

    anon Guest

    What is the pst file? I want to check it for duplicate entries.

    anon, Jul 20, 2007
  4. anon

    Gordon Guest

    anon wrote:
    > What is the pst file? I want to check it for duplicate entries.
    >

    > "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >> anon wrote:
    >>> How do I get to the folder that contains Outlook Contacts?

    >> It's in your pst file. What do you want to do with it?

    Umm you can ONLY open a pst file with Outlook......

    Gordon, Jul 20, 2007
  5. anon

    anon Guest

    I have a software program that cleans up duplicated contacts, what folder do
    I point it to that has the Outlook contacts in it?

    anon, Jul 20, 2007
  6. anon

    meerkat Guest

    "anon" <pa_ > wrote in message
    >I have a software program that cleans up duplicated contacts, what folder
    >do I point it to that has the Outlook contacts in it?

    Go to Start\Search, and type in *.pst, that will take you
    to the folder.

    meerkat, Jul 20, 2007
  7. anon

    Gordon Guest

    anon wrote:
    > I have a software program that cleans up duplicated contacts, what folder do
    > I point it to that has the Outlook contacts in it?
    >

    > "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >> anon wrote:
    >>> What is the pst file? I want to check it for duplicate entries.
    >>>

    >>> "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >>>

    >> Umm you can ONLY open a pst file with Outlook......

    If it's any good, then it ought to find your pst file automatically. the
    default location is
    C:\Documents and Settings\{your user name}\Local settings\Application
    Data\Microsoft\Outlook\

    Gordon, Jul 20, 2007
  8. anon

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 14:36:39 -0400, "anon" <pa_ > wrote:

    >What is the pst file? I want to check it for duplicate entries.

    It's the data file OL uses. OL doesn't do this if you sort by name,
    address?

    You did try to look for help / support yourself? It's not as though
    there isn't any. 1st place is Microsoft OL support ans OL/Office
    newsgroups. File / Export comes to mind as a firtst try you should have
    done.

    Find something that reads pst files, use www.google.com
    http://www.mailnavigator.com/reading_ms_outlook_pst_files.html
    Frequently asked questions
    Q1:
    I am looking for a program that can retrieve contacts and mails from
    Outlook 2000 (*.PST files) into Outlook Express 6.0. This is not
    possible - according to Microsoft - unless I save these files as
    comma-separated-values (*.CSV).

    Also check past posts in 24HSHD, for advice on checking past posts in
    24HSHD for sites that have been mentioned before in posts in 24HSHD.

    Look for OL MVP sites,
    http://www.howto-outlook.com/index.html

    Then there is most likely, MS OL communities sites / export blogs. Try
    looking around
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/FX100487751033.aspx
    has links to more MVP, discussions and Solutions.

    OL
    http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?&sel=33607886&expand=1
    microsoft.public.outlook
    microsoft.public.outlook.addin_utility
    microsoft.public.outlook.bcm
    microsoft.public.outlook.bcm.* (1)
    microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
    microsoft.public.outlook.configuration
    microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
    microsoft.public.outlook.environment
    microsoft.public.outlook.fax
    microsoft.public.outlook.general
    microsoft.public.outlook.installation
    microsoft.public.outlook.interop
    microsoft.public.outlook.mac
    microsoft.public.outlook.migration
    microsoft.public.outlook.printing
    microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
    microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
    microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
    microsoft.public.outlook.teamfolders
    microsoft.public.outlook.thirdpartyutil
    microsoft.public.outlook.usage

    >"Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >> anon wrote:
    >>> How do I get to the folder that contains Outlook Contacts?

    >> It's in your pst file. What do you want to do with it?

    Me

    why?, Jul 20, 2007
  9. anon

    Vanguard Guest

    "anon" wrote in message news:...
    >I have a software program that cleans up duplicated contacts, what
    >folder do I point it to that has the Outlook contacts in it?

    It is a database file using a proprietary format by Microsoft. So just
    what "program" do you have to eliminate duplicates from the PST file?
    And why doesn't this program know how to do a search on "*.pst" to find
    the file which is also something you could do yourself?

    There aren't separate files or folders (as seen in Outlook for the tree
    list of folders and items inside each one). That's just to represent
    the hierarchy of the data inside the PST (personal storage) file.

    If you want to get rid of duplicates, you'll have to find a 3rd party
    plug-in for Outlook to do so, or write one yourself (but then you didn't
    ask about how to do a plug-in so you don't know how to do that, either).
    You might want to look at
    http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Products.asp.

    Vanguard, Jul 20, 2007