Outlook Contacts Exporting and Synchronising

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Polite, Sep 15, 2003.

  1. Polite

    Polite Guest

    I've a big Contacts folder in MS Outlook on my PC (running Windows XP)
    that also has a number of sub-folders in it. How do I send all this
    data to my laptop (also running Windows XP) maintaining the
    sub-folders? Is there also any way I can synchronise the two
    machines? I run Microsoft Active Sync to sync my PC to my PDA but
    this only seems configureable between the PC and the PDA and not PC to
    Laptop&PDA. Am I missing something here?

    I've tried "Exporting" the contacts folder and sub folders from
    Outlook to the laptop but the MS Outlook asks me what format I want to
    save in and being a Computer Clutz, I've managed to bugger up all the
    different forms of exported data...

    Is there a kindly expert out there who can tell me how to do this?

    I do have Outlook on my Laptop - would this help or should I export
    the entire contacts folder and sub folders to another program?

    Regrettably, I cannot find any documentation anywhere in any of the
    help files about how to sync two Outlooks, one on the PC and one on a
    Laptop.

    Polite, Sep 15, 2003