Outlook causing programs to not respond in Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Nathan Sokalski, Feb 20, 2010.

  1. Ever since I got Windows 7 I have been looking for a way to stop Outlook
    2003 from interfering with the rest of my work. When I boot up, Outlook is
    started as a process by Sync Center so that it can synchronize my mobile
    device. Until now, the only problem that this had caused was the fact that
    this allowed Outlook to keep giving me Reminder dialogs. That was annoying,
    but at least I was able to close them when they popped up. But over the past
    couple days I started spending some more time using Visual Studio 2008
    again, and it has said Not Responding in the title bar 2 or 3 times already.
    I decided to look at the details this time, and here is what they said:

    A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: AppHangXProcB1
    Application Name: devenv.exe
    Application Version: 9.0.21022.8
    Application Timestamp: 47317b3d
    Hang Signature: b92f
    Hang Type: 288
    Waiting on Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE
    Waiting on Application Version: 11.0.8312.0
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Hang Signature 1: b92f5c4a90ec8676e98964e92f2d8a1c
    Additional Hang Signature 2: b034
    Additional Hang Signature 3: b034e05f74746648a608a974570b7114
    Additional Hang Signature 4: b92f
    Additional Hang Signature 5: b92f5c4a90ec8676e98964e92f2d8a1c
    Additional Hang Signature 6: b034
    Additional Hang Signature 7: b034e05f74746648a608a974570b7114

    Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

    If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy
    statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

    The only part of this that even gave me any idea as to where to start for
    solving the problem was the fact that the "Waiting on Application Name"
    value was "OUTLOOK.EXE", which was open only as a process as I mentioned
    earlier. I am not sure how this (assuming it is) is related to the problem,
    so I was hoping someone could help me. The only guess I can come up with
    (although I don't know how to test or fix it if it is correct) is that
    OUTLOOK.EXE was trying to send a Reminder dialog while something else was
    happening. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit. Hopefully someone can help
    me fix this. Thanks.
    --
    Nathan Sokalski

    http://www.nathansokalski.com/

    Nathan Sokalski, Feb 20, 2010

  2. Nathan Sokalski

    PvdG42 Guest

    "Nathan Sokalski" <> wrote in message
    > Ever since I got Windows 7 I have been looking for a way to stop Outlook
    > 2003 from interfering with the rest of my work. When I boot up, Outlook is
    > started as a process by Sync Center so that it can synchronize my mobile
    > device. Until now, the only problem that this had caused was the fact that
    > this allowed Outlook to keep giving me Reminder dialogs. That was
    > annoying, but at least I was able to close them when they popped up. But
    > over the past couple days I started spending some more time using Visual
    > Studio 2008 again, and it has said Not Responding in the title bar 2 or 3
    > times already. I decided to look at the details this time, and here is
    > what they said:

    > A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.
    >
    > Problem signature:
    > Problem Event Name: AppHangXProcB1
    > Application Name: devenv.exe
    > Application Version: 9.0.21022.8
    > Application Timestamp: 47317b3d
    > Hang Signature: b92f
    > Hang Type: 288
    > Waiting on Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE
    > Waiting on Application Version: 11.0.8312.0
    > OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    > Locale ID: 1033
    > Additional Hang Signature 1: b92f5c4a90ec8676e98964e92f2d8a1c
    > Additional Hang Signature 2: b034
    > Additional Hang Signature 3: b034e05f74746648a608a974570b7114
    > Additional Hang Signature 4: b92f
    > Additional Hang Signature 5: b92f5c4a90ec8676e98964e92f2d8a1c
    > Additional Hang Signature 6: b034
    > Additional Hang Signature 7: b034e05f74746648a608a974570b7114
    >
    > Read our privacy statement online:
    > http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409
    >
    > If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy
    > statement offline:
    > C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
    >

    > The only part of this that even gave me any idea as to where to start for
    > solving the problem was the fact that the "Waiting on Application Name"
    > value was "OUTLOOK.EXE", which was open only as a process as I mentioned
    > earlier. I am not sure how this (assuming it is) is related to the
    > problem, so I was hoping someone could help me. The only guess I can come
    > up with (although I don't know how to test or fix it if it is correct) is
    > that OUTLOOK.EXE was trying to send a Reminder dialog while something else
    > was happening. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit. Hopefully someone can
    > help me fix this. Thanks.
    > --
    > Nathan Sokalski
    >
    > http://www.nathansokalski.com/

    Why are you posting this in multiple newsgroups that have nothing to do with
    Windows 7, and many of which have nothing to do with Outlook? I'm responding
    from

    microsoft.public.vsnet.general

    Windows 7 support is available in web forums here:

    http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7

    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro/

    PvdG42, Feb 21, 2010

  3. Nathan Sokalski

    Tom Guest

    Your best bet would be to ask this in the outlook groups. You already did
    that here in one, but you could also try in the microsoft.public.outlook
    group as well. And a little advice as well; never post your email address
    with your sig, this is one way for spammers to mine names and add your name
    to their list and the list gets shared in not so good ways.

    Tom, Feb 21, 2010
  4. I didn't think I was.

    microsoft.public.outlook.general This obviously is appropriate because it
    is for Outlook, which is the source of the problem
    microsoft.public.vsnet.general Since the problem is affecting Visual
    Studio, this seems appropriate
    microsoft.public.vsnet.setup Since the problem is affecting
    Visual Studio and these were the first few times I had used it since
    installing it, I figured this was appropriate
    microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general OK, this one might not be
    completely appropriate, but it is the closest thing I know of on this server
    to a newsgroup for Windows 7

    Nathan Sokalski, Feb 22, 2010