    book when I do a search contacts.

    Outlook says "presence unknown" if I put the old one on the "TO" line and
    then click on properties. Asks me if I want to add to contacts! $#%%

    Joe J, Dec 7, 2011

  2. Joe J

    - Bobb - Guest

    When it autofills, right-click on the name and click PROPERTIES.
    Wherever that brings you, change to new email address.

    I've had that happen when I had Smith, John as a second contact and updated
    "John Smith". ( because he sent me email from both in the past and I have
    set to auto-add)

    - Bobb -, Dec 7, 2011

  3. Joe J

    Joe J Guest

    > When it autofills, right-click on the name and click PROPERTIES.
    > Wherever that brings you, change to new email address.
    >
    > I've had that happen when I had Smith, John as a second contact and
    > updated "John Smith". ( because he sent me email from both in the past and
    > I have set to auto-add)
    >

    > "Joe J" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm using Office Outlook 2007.
    >>
    >> One of my contacts changed his email address and I've updated my address
    >> book with his new address. The problem is the auto-fill is still
    >> bringing up the old one first and I can't figure where to delete it.
    >>
    >> It doesn't show up anywhere in my contacts, just the new one, in the
    >> address book when I do a search contacts.
    >>
    >> Outlook says "presence unknown" if I put the old one on the "TO" line and
    >> then click on properties. Asks me if I want to add to contacts! $#%%

    Not sure what I did but it is fixed. I think I added the one that wasn't
    there back into my contacts, then deleted it.

    Joe J, Dec 7, 2011