    Outlook Express are being replied to via Outlook. Can anybody tell
    what has happened and how to stop it please?
    pete

    Sanni Abacha, May 24, 2005

  2. Sanni Abacha wrote:

    > I have windows XP home and Office 2000. E-mails I am sending from
    > Outlook Express are being replied to via Outlook. Can anybody tell
    > what has happened and how to stop it please?

    Your recipients are all using Outlook. There's probably no cure.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, May 24, 2005

  3. Sanni Abacha

    Sanni Abacha Guest

    On 24 May 2005 01:39:44 GMT, Blinky the Shark <>
    wrote:

    >Sanni Abacha wrote:
    >
    >> I have windows XP home and Office 2000. E-mails I am sending from
    >> Outlook Express are being replied to via Outlook. Can anybody tell
    >> what has happened and how to stop it please?

    >Your recipients are all using Outlook. There's probably no cure.

    That's a pain but I also get outlook when I click on a link to send
    someone an e-mail?
    pete

    Sanni Abacha, May 24, 2005
  4. Sanni Abacha wrote:
    > On 24 May 2005 01:39:44 GMT, Blinky the Shark <>
    > wrote:

    >>Sanni Abacha wrote:

    >>> I have windows XP home and Office 2000. E-mails I am sending from
    >>> Outlook Express are being replied to via Outlook. Can anybody tell
    >>> what has happened and how to stop it please?

    >>Your recipients are all using Outlook. There's probably no cure.

    > That's a pain but I also get outlook when I click on a link to send
    > someone an e-mail?

    Configure something else as your default email client.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, May 24, 2005
  5. Sanni Abacha

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > Sanni Abacha wrote:
    >> On 24 May 2005 01:39:44 GMT, Blinky the Shark <>
    >> wrote:

    >>>Your recipients are all using Outlook. There's probably no cure.

    >> That's a pain but I also get outlook when I click on a link to send
    >> someone an e-mail?

    > Configure something else as your default email client.

    Correct - that configuration is done in Internet Explorer. He will need to
    load IE, click on Tools, Internet options, Programs tab, then select Outlook
    Express in his email pull-down list.

    Toolman Tim, May 24, 2005
  6. Toolman Tim wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> Sanni Abacha wrote:

    >>> That's a pain but I also get outlook when I click on a link to send
    >>> someone an e-mail?

    >> Configure something else as your default email client.

    > Correct - that configuration is done in Internet Explorer. He will need to
    > load IE, click on Tools, Internet options, Programs tab, then select Outlook
    > Express in his email pull-down list.

    I wouldn't know about all that. Not since the Windows Century, anyway.
    :)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, May 24, 2005
  7. Sanni Abacha

    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >
    >> "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >>> Configure something else as your default email client.

    >> Correct - that configuration is done in Internet Explorer. He will need
    >> load IE, click on Tools, Internet options, Programs tab, then select
    >> Outlook
    >> Express in his email pull-down list.

    > I wouldn't know about all that. Not since the Windows Century, anyway.
    > :)

    Some of us are on our 2nd Windows Century <g>!

    Toolman Tim, May 24, 2005
  8. Toolman Tim wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> Toolman Tim wrote:

    >>> "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >>> Correct - that configuration is done in Internet Explorer. He will need
    >>> load IE, click on Tools, Internet options, Programs tab, then select
    >>> Outlook
    >>> Express in his email pull-down list.

    >> I wouldn't know about all that. Not since the Windows Century, anyway.
    >> :)

    > Some of us are on our 2nd Windows Century <g>!

    Reactionary! :)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, May 24, 2005
  9. Sanni Abacha

    Gordon Guest

    On Mon, 23 May 2005 19:45:58 -0700, Toolman Tim wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> Sanni Abacha wrote:

    >>> That's a pain but I also get outlook when I click on a link to send
    >>> someone an e-mail?

    >> Configure something else as your default email client.
    >>

    > Correct - that configuration is done in Internet Explorer.

    Not necessarily - Start-Control Panel-Internet Options and do the same
    thing.

    --
    Registered Linux User no 240308
    Fedora Core 3 and Open Office

    Gordon, May 24, 2005
  10. Sanni Abacha

    Sanni Abacha Guest

    On 24 May 2005 04:06:04 GMT, Blinky the Shark <>
    wrote:

    >Toolman Tim wrote:

    Thank you both for your advice. I checked IEEE and I had the settings
    correct but that made me look at my OEM settings and I hadn't made OEM
    my default mail system. I have done that now so hopefully everything
    will now work as before. Thanks.
    pete

    Sanni Abacha, May 24, 2005
  11. Sanni Abacha

    Sanni Abacha Guest

    On Tue, 24 May 2005 14:00:12 +0100, Sanni Abacha
    <> wrote:

    >On 24 May 2005 04:06:04 GMT, Blinky the Shark <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Toolman Tim wrote:

    >Thank you both for your advice. I checked IE and I had the settings
    >correct but that made me look at my OE settings and I hadn't made OE
    >my default mail system. I have done that now so hopefully everything
    >will now work as before. Thanks.
    >pete

    Whoops I have justr corrected the spelling there
    pete

    Sanni Abacha, May 24, 2005
  12. Sanni Abacha

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 23 May 2005 19:45:58 -0700, Toolman Tim wrote:
    >

    >> "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >>> Configure something else as your default email client.
    >>>

    >> Correct - that configuration is done in Internet Explorer.

    > Not necessarily - Start-Control Panel-Internet Options and do the same
    > thing.

    True - just a different way of getting to the same place.

    Toolman Tim, May 25, 2005