    sends an email, it sits in the outbox until the user opens the outbox folder,
    then the email is sent.

    Any ideas?
    =?Utf-8?B?UEI=?=, Nov 2, 2004

  2. "PB" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have a strange problem on some machines after installing XP SP2. On two
    > machines, within Outlook XP, when an email arrives, there is no

    notification
    > of the email until the user has opened another folder and whenever the

    user
    > sends an email, it sits in the outbox until the user opens the outbox

    folder,
    > then the email is sent.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Have you tried doing a repair on Outlook? Or checking the
    officeupdate.microsoft.com website for updates? To be honest, I haven't
    tried to send or receive anything on Outlook XP since I upgraded to SP2
    (It's on my secondary computer).
    Patrick.
    --
    Smile... Someone out there cares deeply for you...
    Patrick Dickey, Nov 4, 2004

  3. I've tried the repair within Outlook but that didn't solve the problem. I
    know that the problem was caused by XP SP2, but I am reluctant to remove the
    SP because of all the benefits of it.

    Help!

    =?Utf-8?B?UEI=?=, Nov 4, 2004
  4. I'm having this same problem. Did you find a solution

    -
    kellyannpalme
    kellyannpalmer, Nov 29, 2004
  5. not yet, I did remove SP2 from one of the affected PCs and the problem went
    away, but I am still looking for a proper solution. I will keep you informed!

    =?Utf-8?B?UEI=?=, Nov 30, 2004