Outlook 2003 SP1 and Microsoft Exchange Server

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Thomas G. Madsen, May 10, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    Shouldn't Outlook 2003 SP1 work just fine with WinXP 64-bit
    Edition?

    I have a dual-boot configuration with WinXP Pro SP2 on my
    C-drive and WinXP 64-bit Edition on my D-drive.
    On both installations I have Outlook 2003 SP1 installed
    (they share a common *.pst-file on my E-drive).

    Outlook on the WinXP Pro SP2 installation connects to an
    Exchange server just fine but Outlook on WinXP 64-bit Edition
    refuses to do the same, although I'm certain that the account
    is set up correctly. It seems that it connects but it refuses
    to send and receive through the server.

    If I delete the account and add it again, it can send and
    receive though, but after a restart of Win 64-bit, it can't.
    Very strange in my opinion.

    The error message is Danish (it's a Danish version of Outlook)
    but it says something like: "(0x80040115) There's no connection
    to Microsoft Exchange Server. Outlook needs to be online...".

    --
    Regards
    Madsen
    Thomas G. Madsen, May 10, 2005

  2. Hi,

    In the file menu, is "Work Offline" checked?

    Rafael Rivera
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com], May 10, 2005

  3. Thomas G. Madsen wrote:

    > I have a dual-boot configuration with WinXP Pro SP2 on my
    > C-drive and WinXP 64-bit Edition on my D-drive.
    > On both installations I have Outlook 2003 SP1 installed
    > (they share a common *.pst-file on my E-drive).
    >
    > Outlook on the WinXP Pro SP2 installation connects to an
    > Exchange server just fine but Outlook on WinXP 64-bit Edition
    > refuses to do the same, although I'm certain that the account
    > is set up correctly. It seems that it connects but it refuses
    > to send and receive through the server.
    >
    > If I delete the account and add it again, it can send and
    > receive though, but after a restart of Win 64-bit, it can't.
    > Very strange in my opinion.
    >
    > The error message is Danish (it's a Danish version of Outlook)
    > but it says something like: "(0x80040115) There's no connection
    > to Microsoft Exchange Server. Outlook needs to be online...".

    Yep I had that or a similar problem due to running ISA 2004 on the SBS
    2003 that hosted the exchange server. Upgrading to ISA 2004 SP1 solved
    the problem.

    Iain
    Iain McWilliams, May 10, 2005
  4. Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com] wrote:

    > In the file menu, is "Work Offline" checked?

    No and the build in firewall in Windows is disabled just to check
    if that could have an influence on it.

    --
    Regards
    Madsen
    Thomas G. Madsen, May 10, 2005
  5. Iain McWilliams wrote:

    > Yep I had that or a similar problem due to running ISA 2004 on
    > the SBS 2003 that hosted the exchange server. Upgrading to ISA
    > 2004 SP1 solved the problem.

    I'm not sure if the Exchange server is protected by ISA 2004
    (ISA 2004 is a kind of firewall, isn't it?) but maybe I should
    ask the administrator.

    --
    Regards
    Madsen