Outlook 2003 PST

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by gary.scheppler@gmail.com, Nov 15, 2007.

  1. Guest

    I know you can have two or more for that matter of Personal Folders
    open, basically just open and open and open as many as you want for
    whatever reason, but I was wondering since these are local PST files,
    say you open one and create a bunch of task, say all these are created
    on PST "A" and you have the outlook to open to this task page by
    default.

    So time goes by and for whatever reason you create another local PST
    file, and start using it ... now you have two open local PST
    files .... and lets say you name each one .. like one is called A and
    one is called B ... and you have task on both PST files ... now the
    question is ... lets say I now un-installed outlook 2003 and
    reinstall, the PST and all their task should be on the PST files
    correct?? this is my question, as I un-installed 2003 outlook and
    reinstalled and of course upon doing so I had to configure the new
    outlook in which created its own default local PST file which will
    have nothing in the task ... BUT remember the old PST file called
    A ... it did have task, so I should be able to open that PST file and
    then also should be able to have Outlook open to this task page in the
    old A PST file and thus it should show all its task, but through the
    process in which I described above ... the task and notes etc are not
    there?

    Any thoughts to this

    Thank you so much

    , Nov 15, 2007

  2. meerkat Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I know you can have two or more for that matter of Personal Folders
    > open, basically just open and open and open as many as you want for
    > whatever reason, but I was wondering since these are local PST files,
    > say you open one and create a bunch of task, say all these are created
    > on PST "A" and you have the outlook to open to this task page by
    > default.
    >
    > So time goes by and for whatever reason you create another local PST
    > file, and start using it ... now you have two open local PST
    > files .... and lets say you name each one .. like one is called A and
    > one is called B ... and you have task on both PST files ... now the
    > question is ... lets say I now un-installed outlook 2003 and
    > reinstall, the PST and all their task should be on the PST files
    > correct?? this is my question, as I un-installed 2003 outlook and
    > reinstalled and of course upon doing so I had to configure the new
    > outlook in which created its own default local PST file which will
    > have nothing in the task ... BUT remember the old PST file called
    > A ... it did have task, so I should be able to open that PST file and
    > then also should be able to have Outlook open to this task page in the
    > old A PST file and thus it should show all its task, but through the
    > process in which I described above ... the task and notes etc are not
    > there?

    Not fully understood here, but...
    Can`t you just copy the contents of PST A to the new
    PST folder ?.

    meerkat, Nov 15, 2007

  3. why? Guest

    On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 07:47:07 -0800 (PST),
    wrote:

    >I know you can have two or more for that matter of Personal Folders
    >open, basically just open and open and open as many as you want for
    >whatever reason, but I was wondering since these are local PST files,

    <snip>

    >outlook in which created its own default local PST file which will
    >have nothing in the task ... BUT remember the old PST file called
    >A ... it did have task, so I should be able to open that PST file and
    >then also should be able to have Outlook open to this task page in the
    >old A PST file and thus it should show all its task, but through the
    >process in which I described above ... the task and notes etc are not
    >there?
    >
    >Any thoughts to this

    http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?&sel=33607886&expand=1
    One of the Outlook ng's may have something.

    microsoft.public.outlook
    microsoft.public.outlook.addin_utility
    microsoft.public.outlook.bcm
    microsoft.public.outlook.bcm.* (1)
    microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
    microsoft.public.outlook.configuration
    microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
    microsoft.public.outlook.environment
    microsoft.public.outlook.fax
    microsoft.public.outlook.general
    microsoft.public.outlook.installation
    microsoft.public.outlook.interop
    microsoft.public.outlook.mac
    microsoft.public.outlook.migration
    microsoft.public.outlook.printing
    microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
    microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
    microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
    microsoft.public.outlook.teamfolders
    microsoft.public.outlook.thirdpartyutil
    microsoft.public.outlook.usage

    Me

    why?, Nov 15, 2007
  4. old man Guest

    OL can only have a single default pst, any others you have attached are
    'dumb' pst's
    It is not neccessary to start OL with a new pst, prior to adding the old
    Uninstalling / Reinstalling OL has no impact on data files or the Profile
    (leastways it shouldnt)

    old man, Nov 15, 2007