    identify the file.

    In Outlook Express, the filename is address.wab -- but what is it in
    Outlook?

    Eye In The Sky, May 14, 2007

  2. Eye In The Sky

    old man Guest

    *.pst
    Its the file(s) that contain *all* your OL data
    http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm

    old man, May 14, 2007

  3. "old man" <> wrote in message

    > "Eye In The Sky" <ruleman@> wrote in message
    >> I want to copy my Outlook contacts/addresses to another computer and
    >> can't
    >> identify the file.
    >>
    >> In Outlook Express, the filename is address.wab -- but what is it in
    >> Outlook?
    >>

    > *.pst
    > Its the file(s) that contain *all* your OL data
    > http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm

    Thanks!

    Eye In The Sky, May 14, 2007
  4. Eye In The Sky

    Mike Easter Guest

    Eye In The Sky wrote:
    > I want to copy my Outlook contacts/addresses to another computer and
    > can't identify the file.

    Are you planning on importing the contacts into OE or another OL?

    > In Outlook Express, the filename is address.wab -- but what is it in
    > Outlook?

    You should handle your OL contacts by exporting a .pst file or a .pab
    file.

    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011053931033.aspx Move
    contacts to another computer

    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA010920381033.aspx Copy
    Outlook contacts to the Outlook Express address book

    If you are going to import it into OE, you would import the .pab as
    'other address book' and the Personal Address Book will be an option.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, May 14, 2007
  5. Eye In The Sky

    sittingduck Guest

    Eye In The Sky wrote:

    > I want to copy my Outlook contacts/addresses to another computer and can't
    > identify the file.
    >
    > In Outlook Express, the filename is address.wab -- but what is it in
    > Outlook?

    outlook.pst They are in there, among many other things.
    You can export them to a file from Outlook, this would be simpler.
    Then, Import from that file with the other computer.

    sittingduck, May 15, 2007
  6. Eye In The Sky

    ChairMan Guest

    In news:,
    sittingduck <>spewed forth:
    > Eye In The Sky wrote:
    >
    >> I want to copy my Outlook contacts/addresses to another computer and
    >> can't identify the file.
    >>
    >> In Outlook Express, the filename is address.wab -- but what is it in
    >> Outlook?

    > outlook.pst They are in there, among many other things.
    > You can export them to a file from Outlook, this would be simpler.
    > Then, Import from that file with the other computer.

    Do you have a hall pass for being outta "school"<g>

    ChairMan, May 15, 2007
  7. Eye In The Sky

    sittingduck Guest

    ChairMan wrote:

    > Do you have a hall pass for being outta "school"<g>

    Ha! ;)

    I noticed your HD post in here a few days ago. Never got around to mentioning
    it though.

    ducky

    sittingduck, May 15, 2007
  8. Eye In The Sky

    ChairMan Guest

    In news:,
    sittingduck <>spewed forth:
    > ChairMan wrote:
    >
    >> Do you have a hall pass for being outta "school"<g>

    > Ha! ;)
    >
    > I noticed your HD post in here a few days ago. Never got around to
    > mentioning it though.
    >
    > ducky

    figured I'd cover all my bases.<g>
    I did get it solved though, from some of the things I've learned in "school"
    over the years.
    posted the eventual fix there. weird cause, twas a power setting. go figure

    ChairMan, May 15, 2007