    Outlook will get a fix?

    Would really be great to be able running Outlook under xp 64...

    Thanks a lot!

    =?Utf-8?B?V29sZg==?=, Jul 19, 2005

  2. I have read a few other forums and have found that when Outlook launches it
    request the availablity of system memory and cannot handle the report of 4GB
    or higher and assumes the system has 0 RAM. You may have to reduce memory
    size to 3GB if possible until a fix is created or MS releases a newer version.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dA==?=, Jul 19, 2005

  3. I am getting a similar problem.

    All applications that are part of Office 2003 work fine, except for Outlook.

    In my case, it loads up correctly, but when it checks for new messages (I'm
    connecting to an Exchange server) it crashes.\

    If you find a solution, please let me know (as will I).

    Brendan Green, Jul 20, 2005
  4. Thanks! Stupid enough - SigmaPlot for example has a slightly related problem,
    it warns me that a minimum of 16 MB RAM is required (obviously it does not
    detect the correct amount of memory), but continues to work as expected.

    =?Utf-8?B?V29sZg==?=, Jul 21, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?V29sZg==?=

    Don Awalt Guest

    That's odd...I have 4 GB of memory and the whole Office suite, including
    Outlook, installed and updated fine. I may have done all the online updates
    before I tried to configure it, you might want to try that...

    Don Awalt, Jul 21, 2005
  6. ohh, it's getting interesting: could there be any other hardware/software
    issues: dual cpu, execution protection?

    I _did_ run Windows update first, then installed office (typical), and then
    ran office update... with the result reported earlier. May be you could be a
    bit more specific to help us find the differences between your success and my
    failure? Thanks!

    =?Utf-8?B?V29sZg==?=, Jul 21, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?V29sZg==?=

    Don Awalt Guest

    Well I answered in comparison to the data you put out, and the only thing
    you said was Outlook and 4 GB of memory. So I guess I can think of a few
    things, but maybe you should put a little more detail out too. I know
    nothing about what CPU, computer, software, etc. you are running.

    I am running a Dell Precision Workstation 670 with 4GB of memory. So it's an
    Intel CPU and chipset. It has 2 dual 3.6 Xeon CPUs, hyperthreading turned
    on. Running the latest version of Office, Office 2003. You can read more
    about the specifics of the computer here:
    http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/precn_670?c=us&cs=555&l=en&s=biz

    Let me know if there is other info you want to know..

    Don Awalt, Jul 21, 2005
  8. Yes, you're right, here are more details from my side: hardware is a HP
    xw8200, dual Xeon 3.6/2MB cpu, Hyperthreading and DEP enabled. Because xp64
    comes preinstalled (with recovery CD) I only can assume that Windows setup is
    standard. Memory is 4GB ECC. After a clean re-install I ran Windows update. I
    installed Outlook 2003 (typical), ran the office updates. Sounds very
    similar... (Language is english)

    Any ideas what could cause the problems for me (I have tried it twice).

    Thanks!

    =?Utf-8?B?V29sZg==?=, Jul 23, 2005