    if you have not used it before as you start typing in the To box?

    Thanks in advance to anyone who reads this inquiry and/or replies.

    Trev

    XTREV, Jun 6, 2007

  2. XTREV wrote:
    > When a user types an email address in the To, Cc and Bcc boxes, Outlook 2002
    > will check the names against the ones in the contact folders. It also
    > displays the email address but only if you have used it before.
    >
    > How do you tell Outlook to autofill or display all the email addresses even
    > if you have not used it before as you start typing in the To box?

    You want it to autocomplete addresses it's never heard of?

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 6, 2007

  3. XTREV

    XTREV Guest

    Only autocomplete addresses in the Contacts folder when connected to a MS
    Exchange Server.

    XTREV, Jun 6, 2007
  4. XTREV

    old man Guest

    When you type it doesnt check addresses in your contact folder, it checks
    addresses in the autocomplete file, which is only used if you turn
    autocomplete on under email options.
    Thats why you sometimes get incorrect or invalid addresses shown
    If you click 'To' however it should bring up an Address book View of your
    Contacts folder

    old man, Jun 6, 2007
  5. XTREV

    XTREV Guest

    Ok, it makes sense, but where is this autocomplete file located? Is there a
    possibility to import all the email addresses from the contacts folder?

    Thanks.

    XTREV, Jun 6, 2007
  6. XTREV

    Gordon Guest

    "XTREV" <> wrote in message
    > Ok, it makes sense, but where is this autocomplete file located? Is there
    > possibility to import all the email addresses from the contacts folder?

    Why would you want to do that? Saving say, 0.5 seconds per email?

    Gordon, Jun 6, 2007
  7. XTREV

    XTREV Guest

    Let's say someone from top management asks for it. They are used to the
    autocomplete suggestions. Then, all of the sudden, his comptuer goes out.
    You get him a new computer and he no longer has the autocomplete
    suggestions.

    XTREV, Jun 6, 2007
  8. XTREV

    pcbutts1 Guest

    That's what the address book is for. The file you want to look for is called
    Outlook.NK2 and you can edit it with notepad.

    pcbutts1, Jun 7, 2007
  9. XTREV

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    XTREV wrote:
    > "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >> "XTREV" <> wrote in message
    >>> Ok, it makes sense, but where is this autocomplete file located? Is

    > there
    >>> possibility to import all the email addresses from the contacts folder?
    >>>

    >> Why would you want to do that? Saving say, 0.5 seconds per email?
    >>

    > Let's say someone from top management asks for it. They are used to the
    > autocomplete suggestions. Then, all of the sudden, his comptuer goes

    out.
    > You get him a new computer and he no longer has the autocomplete
    > suggestions.

    <Stupid top posting corrected for readability>

    Educate the user. I took over a customer and the MD never used his
    contact list at all. Always relied on the auto complete and went mental
    when he lost his "Contact list" when he was moved into a new domain. We
    recovered the list and showed him how to use contacts. Obviously the
    previous IT company hadn't demonstrated or taught correct use of the
    products they supplied and supported.

    Desk Rabbit, Jun 7, 2007
  10. XTREV

    XTREV Guest

    I found the file Outlook.NK2, but I am not able to read/edit with notepad.
    I did also found several utilities online that edit the file, but I am not
    sure which to use to import from outlook contacts. Has anyone ever used any
    of these utilities? www.ingressor.com

    "pcbutts1" <> wrote in message
    > That's what the address book is for. The file you want to look for is

    called
    > Outlook.NK2 and you can edit it with notepad.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Newsgroup Trolls. Read about mine here http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads
    > The list grows. Leythos the stalker http://www.leythosthestalker.com,

    David