Outlook 2002

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ron B, Sep 30, 2003.

  1. Ron B

    Ron B Guest

    Recently, I have updated a lot of email addresses in my contacts but
    when I go to get the email address in TO: it continues to show the old
    email address. Any suggestions on how to refresh the data.

    Thanks
    Ron
     
    Ron B, Sep 30, 2003
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Ron B

    Harrison Guest

    Clearing saved AutoComplete e-mail addresses in Outlook 2002

    When typing an address into the To:, Cc: or Bcc: lines of a new
    message in Outlook 2002, Outlook will use AutoComplete and
    automatically suggest an address based on addresses it has cached.

    To turn off this feature, so that addresses are never suggested, go to
    the Tools pull-down menu, choose Options, then click the E-Mail
    Options button, and the Advanced E-mail Options button. Uncheck the
    box for "Suggest names while completing the To, Cc and Bcc fields".

    To remove one address from the list so that it won't be suggested
    again, open a new message and begin typing in the address. Use the up
    and down arrow keys to select the address to be removed from the
    addresses suggested. When the address to be removed is highlighted,
    hit the Delete key.

    To remove all the saved addresses, delete the .nk2 file where Outlook
    stores them. The file is normally located in Application
    Data\Microsoft\Outlook folder for each Outlook profile.


    or........

    Did you create a new contacts folder?
    If so, right-click the new folder and choose Properties, then go to
    the Outlook Address Book tab and make sure the "Use this folder as an
    e-mail address book" option is checked.


    or........

    Nicknames for AutoResolution *.nick files
    Nicknames for AutoComplete *.nk2 files

    Make backups, then edit the files as you see fit.



    On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 02:15:51 GMT, Ron B <> wrote:

    >Recently, I have updated a lot of email addresses in my contacts but
    >when I go to get the email address in TO: it continues to show the old
    >email address. Any suggestions on how to refresh the data.
    >
    >Thanks
    >Ron
     
    Harrison, Sep 30, 2003
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Ron B

    Ron B Guest

    I don't think that I am making myself clear, when you click on the TO:
    and the dialog box appears the old email addresses are still showing not
    the updated addresses.

    Thanks

    Harrison wrote:
    > Clearing saved AutoComplete e-mail addresses in Outlook 2002
    >
    > When typing an address into the To:, Cc: or Bcc: lines of a new
    > message in Outlook 2002, Outlook will use AutoComplete and
    > automatically suggest an address based on addresses it has cached.
    >
    > To turn off this feature, so that addresses are never suggested, go to
    > the Tools pull-down menu, choose Options, then click the E-Mail
    > Options button, and the Advanced E-mail Options button. Uncheck the
    > box for "Suggest names while completing the To, Cc and Bcc fields".
    >
    > To remove one address from the list so that it won't be suggested
    > again, open a new message and begin typing in the address. Use the up
    > and down arrow keys to select the address to be removed from the
    > addresses suggested. When the address to be removed is highlighted,
    > hit the Delete key.
    >
    > To remove all the saved addresses, delete the .nk2 file where Outlook
    > stores them. The file is normally located in Application
    > Data\Microsoft\Outlook folder for each Outlook profile.
    >
    >
    > or........
    >
    > Did you create a new contacts folder?
    > If so, right-click the new folder and choose Properties, then go to
    > the Outlook Address Book tab and make sure the "Use this folder as an
    > e-mail address book" option is checked.
    >
    >
    > or........
    >
    > Nicknames for AutoResolution *.nick files
    > Nicknames for AutoComplete *.nk2 files
    >
    > Make backups, then edit the files as you see fit.
    >
    >
    >
    > On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 02:15:51 GMT, Ron B <> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Recently, I have updated a lot of email addresses in my contacts but
    >>when I go to get the email address in TO: it continues to show the old
    >>email address. Any suggestions on how to refresh the data.
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>Ron

    >
    >
     
    Ron B, Sep 30, 2003
    #3
  4. Ron B

    Harrison Guest

    I still think it's linking to the nk2 file, but I could be wrong.
    Try posting your question to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts if you
    have tried my suggestions and not achieved the desired results.

    On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 07:06:55 GMT, Ron B <> wrote:

    >I don't think that I am making myself clear, when you click on the TO:
    >and the dialog box appears the old email addresses are still showing not
    >the updated addresses.
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Harrison wrote:
    >> Clearing saved AutoComplete e-mail addresses in Outlook 2002
    >>
    >> When typing an address into the To:, Cc: or Bcc: lines of a new
    >> message in Outlook 2002, Outlook will use AutoComplete and
    >> automatically suggest an address based on addresses it has cached.
    >>
    >> To turn off this feature, so that addresses are never suggested, go to
    >> the Tools pull-down menu, choose Options, then click the E-Mail
    >> Options button, and the Advanced E-mail Options button. Uncheck the
    >> box for "Suggest names while completing the To, Cc and Bcc fields".
    >>
    >> To remove one address from the list so that it won't be suggested
    >> again, open a new message and begin typing in the address. Use the up
    >> and down arrow keys to select the address to be removed from the
    >> addresses suggested. When the address to be removed is highlighted,
    >> hit the Delete key.
    >>
    >> To remove all the saved addresses, delete the .nk2 file where Outlook
    >> stores them. The file is normally located in Application
    >> Data\Microsoft\Outlook folder for each Outlook profile.
    >>
    >>
    >> or........
    >>
    >> Did you create a new contacts folder?
    >> If so, right-click the new folder and choose Properties, then go to
    >> the Outlook Address Book tab and make sure the "Use this folder as an
    >> e-mail address book" option is checked.
    >>
    >>
    >> or........
    >>
    >> Nicknames for AutoResolution *.nick files
    >> Nicknames for AutoComplete *.nk2 files
    >>
    >> Make backups, then edit the files as you see fit.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 02:15:51 GMT, Ron B <> wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>Recently, I have updated a lot of email addresses in my contacts but
    >>>when I go to get the email address in TO: it continues to show the old
    >>>email address. Any suggestions on how to refresh the data.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks
    >>>Ron

    >>
    >>
     
    Harrison, Sep 30, 2003
    #4
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Trudy Morris

    Outlook 2002

    Trudy Morris, Sep 19, 2003, in forum: Microsoft Certification
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    898
    Marko
    Sep 20, 2003
  2. Jesus Alvarado !!

    Outlook 2002 and XP SP2

    Jesus Alvarado !!, Oct 6, 2004, in forum: MCSE
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    859
  3. joseph

    Outlook 2002

    joseph, Sep 14, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    459
    Paul - xxx
    Sep 14, 2003
  4. OCTG

    OUTLOOK 2002

    OCTG, Sep 16, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    464
    Miggsee
    Sep 16, 2003
  5. te2
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    657
    ┬░Mike┬░
    Sep 2, 2004
Loading...

Share This Page