Outlook 2002 locks up upon Reply/Forward when using MSWord as email editor

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Christopher Jones, Nov 2, 2003.

  1. Outlook 2002 locks up upon Reply/Forward when using MSWord as email editor.

    Somehow, perhaps when I allowed a novice to use my PC recently, and perhaps
    when they shut the system down without closing the programs (Word and
    Outlook) first - a common novice habit - I developed a glitch that hangs up
    (freezes) Outlook 2002 when I use the Reply and Forward options.

    I use MSWord as my email editor, and this is where this new problem has
    occurred. By opting out of using Word as the email editor, I can get the
    Reply and Forward functions back, but this does not solve the problem
    overall, of course.

    A clue exists when I try to restart, as I get a message to first "close down
    the Word" program, as if it were somehow open. Looking under task manager, I
    can see that MSWord in not running in the background, and if it is, I
    manually close it down. Then, an error message presents that wants me to
    wait for "CiceroUiWndFrame" to fully close. Here is where the problem surely
    is.

    I ran the Detect and Repair option (using the Office XP Small Business disk)
    several times, but this has not helped. Ideally, I would like to avoid
    completely uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook if I can, because I'm not
    sure whether the issue is entirely within Outlook, if at all. The problem
    could be within MSWord, or WinXP, etc.

    Anyone suffer this issue before and what is recommended. (Thank you.)

    Christopher Jones, Nov 2, 2003

  2. Christopher Jones

    °Mike° Guest

    Don't use a word processor for composing email.

    On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 17:27:50 -0500, in
    <ewfpb.24960$>
    Christopher Jones scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Nov 2, 2003

  3. "°Mike°" <> wrote in message

    > Don't use a word processor for composing email.

    But I do use a word processor for composing email. I have always done this
    (as it fits my business needs). It has always worked fine. This new issue
    has to do with a recent glitch, that's all. I'm looking for solutions to the
    new issue, not a preference in whether one should use a word processor or
    not for email. (If my car had a problem with the cruise control, I would
    take it in to get repaired, not simply discontinue the use of the cruise
    control.)

    Any REAL insight on the ACTUAL issue...? (Others)

    Christopher Jones, Nov 3, 2003
  4. Christopher Jones

    Boomer Guest

    "Christopher Jones" <> wrote in

    > "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Don't use a word processor for composing email.

    > But I do use a word processor for composing email. I have always
    > done this (as it fits my business needs). It has always worked
    > fine. This new issue has to do with a recent glitch, that's all.
    > I'm looking for solutions to the new issue, not a preference in
    > whether one should use a word processor or not for email. (If my
    > car had a problem with the cruise control, I would take it in to
    > get repaired, not simply discontinue the use of the cruise
    > control.)
    >
    > Any REAL insight on the ACTUAL issue...? (Others)

    Word or Outlook newsgroup?

    Boomer, Nov 3, 2003