    'contacts'. I can't seem to get any advice from the help screens.

    Any Clues

    Thanks

    Guest, Jan 9, 2004

  2. Guest

    Liz Guest

    Follow the instructions on this page.
    Error if You Use Your Contacts to Address a New Message
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319901
    Restart Outlook for these changes to take effect.

    <Jonathan@> wrote

    Liz, Jan 9, 2004

  3. Guest

    Spider Guest

    > When I start a new email and click the 'TO' button, I get an error which
    > says, 'The address list could not be displayed. The contacts folders
    > associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been
    > moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions. For information on how to
    > remove this folder from the Outlook Address book, see Microsoft Outlook
    > Help.' When I click OK on this, I get a window, headed select names. This
    > window does not however have any names to select, until I click the down
    > arrow on the field headed 'Show names from the :.....' and change this to
    > 'contacts'. I can't seem to get any advice from the help screens.
    >
    > Any Clues
    >
    > Thanks

    Open up the address book using the icon on the toolbar. In the address book click on Tools / Options. Click the down arrow in the top section and choose Contacts. Then do the same in the section section. In the third section if you do not already see contacts listed, click Add and add it. Close the options window and test. It should fix your problem.

    Spider
    http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1

    Spider, Jan 10, 2004