    4GB PC3200
    Abit AN8 Fatal1ty SLi
    MSI GeForce 6800 PCI-e 16x
    dead kitty, Aug 3, 2005

  2. Sounds like you've hit up against a problem on some systems with exactly 4GB.
    There is a hot fix available, see MS Knowledge Base article #896253.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;896253

    Other users have reported that this resolved the problem.

    --
    Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
    ======================

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 3, 2005

  3. Nice hardware. How does the X2 run with the 64x? Does it utilize the dual
    core feature?

    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9uZF8wMDc=?=, Aug 3, 2005
  4. dead kitty

    dead kitty Guest

    "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote in

    > Sounds like you've hit up against a problem on some systems with
    > exactly 4GB. There is a hot fix available, see MS Knowledge Base
    > article #896253.
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;896253
    >
    > Other users have reported that this resolved the problem.

    Thanks, but I don't see where to download it.
    Could someone that has it please post it to alt.test
    I need the XP x64 hotfix and it looks like the article is referring to a
    32-bit fix.
    dead kitty, Aug 3, 2005
  5. From Default User:
    Tip: It is better to call PSS and have it emailed to you. These hotfixes
    are password protected and timebomb after a week. It is not something you
    can just hang on to for future use or for helping a friend.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa, Aug 3, 2005
  6. dead kitty

    dead kitty Guest

    "=?Utf-8?B?Qm9uZF8wMDc=?=" <> wrote in

    > Nice hardware. How does the X2 run with the 64x? Does it utilize the
    > dual core feature?

    Yep, both XP32 and XP64 utilize both cores. It required a BIOS flash to
    see the 2nd core. I'm lucky there as I didn't have a spare 939 lying
    around to flash it had it not seen CPU#0 right off. The parts below cost
    me around $1500 and I'm happy with that. I use XP x64 almost exclusively
    now. The only thing I need XP32 for is my WinTV card that has no 64-bit
    driver so XP32 sits on a tiny little 40GB partition.

    dead kitty, Aug 3, 2005
  7. You can't download it, you have to call PSS and open a support incident. It's
    a bug, so it's free.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 3, 2005
  8. dead kitty

    dead kitty Guest

    "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote in

    > You can't download it, you have to call PSS and open a support
    > incident. It's a bug, so it's free.

    Is it available for the XP x64 trial version? How large is it? My email box
    is not very big.
    dead kitty, Aug 3, 2005
  9. I have no idea how big it is. It is a 32-bit patch, however, since Outlook is
    a 32-bit program. The patch comes from the Office team, not from the Windows
    team. The general rule on hot fixes is that they are pretty small.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 4, 2005
  10. dead kitty

    dead kitty Guest

    "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote in

    > I have no idea how big it is. It is a 32-bit patch, however, since
    > Outlook is a 32-bit program. The patch comes from the Office team, not
    > from the Windows team. The general rule on hot fixes is that they are
    > pretty small.

    Thanks for your help. They sent me a link to it. I guess I was expecting a
    300MB binary <bfg>. Anyway, it works but in my case I had to install it
    pre-SP1...didn't work installing post-SP1 but SP1 did go on afterwards
    without undoing the patch.
    dead kitty, Aug 4, 2005
  11. Glad it worked and got you up and running.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 4, 2005
  12. "dead kitty" <> wrote in message
    > "=?Utf-8?B?Qm9uZF8wMDc=?=" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Nice hardware. How does the X2 run with the 64x? Does it utilize the
    >> dual core feature?

    > Yep, both XP32 and XP64 utilize both cores. It required a BIOS flash to
    > see the 2nd core. I'm lucky there as I didn't have a spare 939 lying
    > around to flash it had it not seen CPU#0 right off. The parts below cost
    > me around $1500 and I'm happy with that. I use XP x64 almost exclusively
    > now. The only thing I need XP32 for is my WinTV card that has no 64-bit
    > driver so XP32 sits on a tiny little 40GB partition.

    Did you try the x64 version of K!Tv ? It works for most of bt7x8 based
    TV-cards, without the need of drivers.
    Works fine here under XPx64 with my Pinnacle PCTV.

    http://usuarios.lycos.es/forumdev/viewtopic.php?t=3005

    Arnaud Houdelette [MVS]
    Arnaud Houdelette [MVS], Aug 5, 2005