Outlook 2000 - The item could not be moved - access was denied

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Whizet@gmail.com, Jul 28, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Dear All,

    I am using Outlook 2000 SR1 & I have a situation I have never
    encountered before.

    I am using quite a few PST's and have to transfer mails to different
    folder which may be in different PST's. However Incoming mail comes in
    one PST in an Inbox.

    Now the problem I am facing is that everythime I am transfering mails I
    am getting the error "The item could not be moved.It was already moved
    or deleted, or access was denied"

    Deleting does not help either as I am faced with another error message
    " The message interface has returned an unknown error. IF the problem
    persists, restrat outlook"

    Restarting outlook or Infact Restarting PC does not help. I am
    observing this problem for over a month now and the Inbox has completly
    gone messy - it has 2321 messages. Size of this PST is not much even -
    235 MB

    Other PST's are anything between 200 - 800 MB and there is enough
    hardisk space - almost 8 GB in various drives.

    To end, I am using an independent machine and I am an adminsitartor so
    no priveleges are disabled. Also, I am not connected to any exchange
    server.

    I have also run scanpst but it did not help either.

    All advise and solution shall be highly apprecited.

    Thanks and Regards,

    LJ
    , Jul 28, 2006