    Monday Night Football, you can
    actually hear the wind blowing
    through Lisa Guerrero's ears."

    Jay Stewart, Dec 3, 2003

  2. What exactly is wrong with it that you do not like?
    "Jay Stewart" <> wrote in message
    > I went to watch my old copy of "Outland" last night and decided it is one

    of

    Ratmaster2000, Dec 3, 2003

  3. Jay Stewart

    Jay Stewart Guest

    This, from Widescreen Review, pretty much sums up what is wrong with the
    presentation:
    "Picture Quality: 1.5 (5 is the highest rating)
    Incorrectly credited as "Enhanced For Widescreen TVs," this non-anamorphic
    DVD, framed at 2.20:1 is a poor example of the format's capabilities.
    Distracting motion and "shifty" artifacts are apparent that would not be
    seen through the S-Video or component DVD output, had this been a new
    component video transfer. The picture looks extremely "digital" with fine
    images that are constantly shimmering, both horizontally and vertically.
    Colors, though generally natural, are dark and contrasty. Images are wanting
    in sharpness and detail with mediocre shadow detail. "

    Jay

    Jay Stewart, Dec 3, 2003
  4. Jay Stewart

    Wade365 Guest

    "Outland" is right up there with "Alien" for me, hope they put out a better
    copy than what's available then. Guess I'll hold onto my VHS a little while
    longer. Thanks for cluing me in!

    ~By-stander Wade~

    Wade365, Dec 3, 2003
  5. Jay Stewart

    Jay Stewart Guest

    "Wade365" <> wrote in message
    > "Outland" is right up there with "Alien" for me, hope they put out a

    better
    > copy than what's available then. Guess I'll hold onto my VHS a little

    while
    > longer. Thanks for cluing me in!
    >
    > ~By-stander Wade~

    That's what makes it all so disappointing. In defense of the folks who put
    out the DVD, it was issued very early on...

    But Con-Am 27 deserves a better treatment!

    Jay Stewart, Dec 4, 2003
  6. Jay Stewart

    GraB Guest

    It would have to be bad to be worse than "The Fall Of The Roman
    Empire". I don't like extremely wide movies and usually zoom in a
    bit, so that it is larger but still letterboxed, but you couldn't do
    this with that movie - the artifacts on the TV screen were too
    noticeable. They were noticeable in full widescreen mode too. I
    usually watch DVDs on the computer to get the high quality of the
    computer monitor, but that would have been too bad to view on the PC.

    GraB, Dec 16, 2003