    Could ntl be stopping me making voip calls or is more likely that I have
    an incorrect setup ?

    Dave
    Wavey Davey, Mar 14, 2006

  2. Wavey Davey wrote:
    > Since my ntl landline was disconnected this morning I have been unable
    > to use my Voip.co.uk account to make outgoing calls via my Philips Dect
    > handset. Incoming calls are fine, as are outgoing/incoming calls via
    > X-Lite.
    > My voip router is a Zoom V3, which I have set up in voip only mode. I
    > have also tried setting it up using my Voipfone account with the same
    > problem.
    > Could ntl be stopping me making voip calls or is more likely that I have
    > an incorrect setup ?

    Hi Dave,

    Have you checked for a possibly NAT problem? If i remember correctly
    NTL provide one IP address and the NAT the connections on their cable
    modems.

    --
    Richard
    Richard Smith, Mar 15, 2006

  3. Wavey Davey

    Nick Guest

    "Richard Smith" <> wrote in message

    > Wavey Davey wrote:
    > > Since my ntl landline was disconnected this morning I have been unable
    > > to use my Voip.co.uk account to make outgoing calls via my Philips Dect
    > > handset. Incoming calls are fine, as are outgoing/incoming calls via
    > > X-Lite.
    > > My voip router is a Zoom V3, which I have set up in voip only mode. I
    > > have also tried setting it up using my Voipfone account with the same
    > > problem.
    > > Could ntl be stopping me making voip calls or is more likely that I have
    > > an incorrect setup ?

    > Hi Dave,
    >
    > Have you checked for a possibly NAT problem? If i remember correctly
    > NTL provide one IP address and the NAT the connections on their cable
    > modems.
    >
    > --
    > Richard

    English please?
    Nick, Mar 15, 2006
  4. Wavey Davey

    Wavey Davey Guest

    Richard Smith wrote:

    > Hi Dave,
    >
    > Have you checked for a possibly NAT problem? If i remember correctly
    > NTL provide one IP address and the NAT the connections on their cable
    > modems.
    >
    > --
    > Richard

    I'm not sure what settings I need to change. At the moment I have NAT
    enabled in Dynamic NAPT mode. I have tried disabling NAT, but this
    prevented me from connecting to the web.
    Does anyone know if its likely that NTL could be preventing me making
    outgoing calls? When I lift the handset, the phone sounds completely
    dead, but as I posted previously I can receive calls ok.
    Dave
    Wavey Davey, Mar 19, 2006