    mobile, I can see who is calling and act accordingly.

    Many thanks

    Matthew

    Matt, Jul 21, 2005

  2. Matt

    JuliusP Guest

    I know www.gradwell.net allow the Geo number you purchase from them to
    be presented to the called party

    JuliusP, Jul 21, 2005

  3. Matt

    r_mervart Guest

    "Matt" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Can anyone recomend a VOIP provider (UK or International) that allows
    > you to set the outgoing callerid?
    >
    > Why - so that when calls are diverted from my asterisk box to the
    > mobile, I can see who is calling and act accordingly.

    Are you saying that it is not a standard function of the VoIP calls to
    include
    caller id ? If so then it is yet another limitation of the VoIP I was not
    aware of
    Roman

    r_mervart, Jul 21, 2005
  4. On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 08:14:47 GMT, "r_mervart"
    <> wrote:

    >Are you saying that it is not a standard function of the VoIP calls to
    >include
    >caller id ?

    most if not all do, but you may not be able to control what it
    displays. You may for example want to show your sipgatedown incoming
    number as the caller ID while placing calls with 18866 or someone else
    using least cost routing.

    I have a 18866 account which with VoIP will only show the primary
    account number as the CLID I can't set it to one of the other 5
    numbers active on the same account.

    Phil
    --
    spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
    Come on down !

    Phil Thompson, Jul 21, 2005
  5. r_mervart <> wrote:
    [...]
    > Are you saying that it is not a standard function of the VoIP calls
    > to include caller id ? If so then it is yet another limitation of
    > the VoIP I was not aware of

    VoIP supports CLI for both name and number. However gateways are
    restricted in what they can pass to the PSTN. BT's network doesn't
    support CLI names at all, and there is regulatory restriction
    regarding numbers passed for CLI.

    We've had to sign a contract to agree to not do anything naughty
    before we were allowed that capability. (And worth signing, as it's
    very handy when we're diverting calls to our support mobiles and don't
    want to lose the original CLI.) In the absence of that sort of
    agreement, the gateway is going to ignore the CLI you offer and
    instead either pass on CLI, or a CLI that is known to belong to you.

    Peer-to-peer VoIP obviously retains the CLI number and name you offer,
    but the far end may still ignore it unless it has any reason to
    believe you.

    --
    PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger for full key

    Please contribute to the beer fund and a tidier house:
    http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZpndc

    Peter Corlett, Jul 21, 2005
  6. Matt

    Tony Guest

    "Phil Thompson" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 08:14:47 GMT, "r_mervart"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Are you saying that it is not a standard function of the VoIP calls to
    >>include
    >>caller id ?

    > most if not all do, but you may not be able to control what it
    > displays. You may for example want to show your sipgatedown incoming
    > number as the caller ID while placing calls with 18866 or someone else
    > using least cost routing.
    >
    > I have a 18866 account which with VoIP will only show the primary
    > account number as the CLID I can't set it to one of the other 5
    > numbers active on the same account.
    >
    > Phil

    Phil, is 'sip.call18866.co.uk' working with you?

    I've been trying to get it to connect a call now for two weeks (using a
    sipura1001)and its failing all the time here.

    Thanks

    Tony, Jul 21, 2005
  7. "r_mervart" <> wrote in message

    > "Matt" <> wrote in message
    >> Can anyone recomend a VOIP provider (UK or International) that allows
    >> you to set the outgoing callerid?
    >>
    >> Why - so that when calls are diverted from my asterisk box to the
    >> mobile, I can see who is calling and act accordingly.
    >>

    > Are you saying that it is not a standard function of the VoIP calls to
    > include
    > caller id ? If so then it is yet another limitation of the VoIP I was not
    > aware of
    > Roman

    Sipgate certainly send the CLI as I'm sure most others do!!
    Jon

    Jonathan Pearson, Jul 21, 2005
  8. Matt

    Davew Guest

    Jonathan Pearson wrote:

    > Sipgate certainly send the CLI as I'm sure most others do!!
    > Jon

    I think people are misunderstanding what was originally requested.

    The OP wants to recieve a call to his *box, forward it to his mobile and
    effectively spoof the callerid of the forwarded call (mobile) to that of
    the original call.

    Davew, Jul 21, 2005
  9. Matt wrote:
    > Can anyone recomend a VOIP provider (UK or International) that allows
    > you to set the outgoing callerid?
    >
    > Why - so that when calls are diverted from my asterisk box to the
    > mobile, I can see who is calling and act accordingly.
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Matthew

    Voipfone allows you to send and receive cli i also wanted my existing
    business number cli to show when i made a call and they aranged this
    for me i had to send them documentation to proove that i was the owner
    of the number that i wanted to display

    Mat

    Mathew Curtis, Jul 21, 2005
  10. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Cheers for clarifying that Dave, it was late when I posted it!

    Matt, Jul 21, 2005
  11. Davew wrote:
    > Jonathan Pearson wrote:
    >>
    >> Sipgate certainly send the CLI as I'm sure most others do!!
    >> Jon
    >>

    > I think people are misunderstanding what was originally requested.
    >
    > The OP wants to recieve a call to his *box, forward it to his mobile
    > and effectively spoof the callerid of the forwarded call (mobile) to
    > that of the original call.

    Cheers Dave, so is he saying that unlike BT for example, the CLI of the
    original caller on a diverted call isn't passed on VOIP??
    Jon

    Jonathan Pearson, Jul 21, 2005
  12. On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 14:31:56 +0100, "Jonathan Pearson"
    <> wrote:

    >so is he saying that unlike BT for example, the CLI of the
    >original caller on a diverted call isn't passed on VOIP??

    its the asterisk box that can't control the CLID so the VoIP provider
    shows it as originating from the asterisk box, AIUI.

    Phil

    Phil Thompson, Jul 21, 2005
  13. 18866

    On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 09:57:20 +0100, "Tony" <> wrote:

    >Phil, is 'sip.call18866.co.uk' working with you?
    >
    >I've been trying to get it to connect a call now for two weeks (using a
    >sipura1001)and its failing all the time here.

    Hi Tony,

    its registered happily... picks up phone ..... have dial tone ...
    "zero p/minute" ... ring tone ... answer machine at the other end.

    So yes, its working.

    Phil

    Phil Thompson, Jul 21, 2005
  14. Matt

    r_mervart Guest

    "Mathew Curtis" <> wrote in message

    > Matt wrote:
    > > Can anyone recomend a VOIP provider (UK or International) that allows
    > > you to set the outgoing callerid?
    > >
    > > Why - so that when calls are diverted from my asterisk box to the
    > > mobile, I can see who is calling and act accordingly.
    > >
    > > Many thanks
    > >
    > > Matthew

    > Voipfone allows you to send and receive cli i also wanted my existing
    > business number cli to show when i made a call and they aranged this
    > for me i had to send them documentation to proove that i was the owner
    > of the number that i wanted to display

    So, if I understand right what you are saying, Voipfone system substitutes
    the number they gave you for the Voipfone account by a different number you
    already have had and which, presumably, is still active BT ? number ?

    Roman

    r_mervart, Jul 21, 2005
  15. Matt

    Ian Guest

    > On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 14:31:56 +0100, "Jonathan Pearson"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >so is he saying that unlike BT for example, the CLI of the
    > >original caller on a diverted call isn't passed on VOIP??

    > its the asterisk box that can't control the CLID so the VoIP provider
    > shows it as originating from the asterisk box, AIUI.

    Asterisk can control what cli is presented on ISDN and VOIP trunks. Most
    voip providers will overide this when your call is passed out of the
    gateway. AFAIK no UK suppliers pass the cli as presented for the server from
    the testing I have done, Some US ones did but I havent checked in the last 6
    months to see if hey still do.
    I f you want to present your own cli then put a PRI link on the server.

    Ian

    Ian, Jul 21, 2005
  16. r_mervart wrote:
    > "Mathew Curtis" <> wrote in message
    > >

    > > Matt wrote:
    > > > Can anyone recomend a VOIP provider (UK or International) that allows
    > > > you to set the outgoing callerid?
    > > >
    > > > Why - so that when calls are diverted from my asterisk box to the
    > > > mobile, I can see who is calling and act accordingly.
    > > >
    > > > Many thanks
    > > >
    > > > Matthew

    > > Voipfone allows you to send and receive cli i also wanted my existing
    > > business number cli to show when i made a call and they aranged this
    > > for me i had to send them documentation to proove that i was the owner
    > > of the number that i wanted to display
    > >

    > So, if I understand right what you are saying, Voipfone system substitutes
    > the number they gave you for the Voipfone account by a different number you
    > already have had and which, presumably, is still active BT ? number ?
    >
    > Roman

    Correct but you need to provide them proof that you are the owner of
    the number and the reasons why you need this cli to be displayed

    Mat

    Mathew Curtis, Jul 22, 2005
  17. On 20 Jul 2005 16:11:47 -0700, "Matt" <>

    www.gradwell.net allow you to do this.

    Robin Grayson, Jul 22, 2005
  18. Matt

    Davew Guest

    >>Can anyone recomend a VOIP provider (UK or International) that allows
    >>you to set the outgoing callerid?

    > www.gradwell.net allow you to do this.

    Does gradwell allow you to change your CLID 'ad hoc' or do you have to
    predeclare what it should show?

    Davew, Jul 25, 2005
  19. Matt

    JuliusP Guest

    >Does gradwell allow you to change your CLID 'ad hoc' or do you have to
    >predeclare what it should show?

    Actually reading the original post again, Gradwell won't do that, the
    original poster wanted to "present the callerid received at his
    Asterisk server from PSTN" on an outbound call via a VoIP provider

    Gradwell will allow you to set your callerid as one of their issued
    numbers or one that you own (must provide proof of ownership), but your
    cannot "present" anything other than this

    JuliusP, Jul 25, 2005
  20. Matt

    Davew Guest

    > Most voip providers will overide this when your call is passed out of the
    > gateway. AFAIK no UK suppliers pass the cli as presented for the server from
    > the testing I have done, Some US ones did but I havent checked in the last 6
    > months to see if hey still do.

    I have been semi-successful in so far as, i can present a CLID as
    001XXXXXXXXXXX. Obv. this is added as it originated in the US. This
    would be acceptable if o2 allowed international caller id on mobiles
    (when 141 is called, "The call was international...")

    Davew, Jul 25, 2005