    garage? Or would I need 4 routers one for wireless in the house 2 for a
    bridge and one for wireless in the garage?

    , Aug 21, 2006

  2. dm Guest

    look at the linksys site. there are options available for external access
    points.

    You'd probably need two access points (one each for the house and garage)
    and one switch (for the garage)

    dm, Aug 21, 2006

  3. Hi
    May be this can Help.
    Wireless Bridging - http://www.ezlan.net/bridging
    Hi Gain Antenna - http://www.ezlan.net/antennae.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Aug 22, 2006
  4. dm Guest

    to amplify my earlier response, I would personally go with the linksys
    WAP54GPE External Access point and WAPPOE12 power adapters

    The WAPPOE12 are power injectors that supply operating power to PoE devices
    such as hte WAP54GPE over unused lines in a Cat5 Cable.

    This arrangement is a little pricier, but means a single or smaller
    penetration on your home and garage external walls. Only a single Cat5
    cable needs to pass thru. This access point also has provisions for an
    external high-gain or directional antenna, though for a 60 ft clear-view
    external transit, I doubt you would need it, or if it would do you much
    good.

    dm

    dm, Aug 23, 2006