    No. Microsoft declaired that this OEM software is only available with
    'COMPLETE SYSTEM PURCHASE!'

    So, if anyone has a solution short of Linux, I'd love to hear it.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2QVJlaQ==?=, Sep 30, 2005

  2. actually you have 2 options,

    1. do the 64 bit upgrade through M$ and turn your xp-pro liscence intoa 64
    bit one.

    or

    2. Go to
    http://www.planetamd64.com/catalog/...id=28&osCsid=9a18d34588fe131d48ef4d92c59c608a

    you dont need to buy a full system to get an OEM product.

    --
    Augie
    www.64bitstuff.com

    Augie @ 64bitstuff, Sep 30, 2005

  3. You can purchase a copy of XP Pro x64 with qualifying hardware such as a
    mouse or keyboard from anyone of these online OEM dealers:
    http://www.directron.com/winxpx64.html
    http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16837102034
    http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=14638&vpn=ZAT-00007&manufacture=Microsoft

    Next, just boot off the CD and accept license agreement and choose to do a
    repair/upgrade. What I would do before do is boot into safe mode and back up
    any existing data.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Sep 30, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?RGF2QVJlaQ==?=

    Bill Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > So, I went to buy the full version of XP 64.
    > DUMB ME. I opted to try it out before I bought it.
    > Now my trial is up. And when I went in to buy a copy, I learn that the NEW
    > OEM purchase requirements are FULL SYSTEM ONLY!
    > I don't need a full system.
    > I asked for clarification. I can't get a new dual corp CPU?
    > No. Microsoft declaired that this OEM software is only available with
    > 'COMPLETE SYSTEM PURCHASE!'
    >
    > So, if anyone has a solution short of Linux, I'd love to hear it.

    I'm looking at the copy of Win XP64 that just arrived yesterday.
    Ordered from Newegg, the qualifying hardware was a Y power splitter.
    It was free. Got a free 64bit optimized game with it too.

    You need to change your supplier.
    See Andre's post.

    Bill

    Bill, Oct 1, 2005
  5. I was able to order through planetamd64.
    Thank you.

    I was a little upset earlier as the 2 local locations that I get all my
    stuff from said full system.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2QVJlaQ==?=, Oct 1, 2005