    Did not find any relevant data regarding that in Google search.
    Any suggestion would be appreciated.

    TIA

    Mir, Jul 3, 2003

  2. Mir

    Jimchip Guest

    On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 16:30:21 +0200, Mir wrote:
    > Hi all
    >
    > FYI: P1 166MHz, HDD 2.1GB (1.5GB free), RAM 32MB +SWAP memory = 74MB, W95 B, MS Office 97, IE/OE 5.5 Recently reinstalled W95 B from scratch.
    >
    > Only in OE when I want to print "selection" (part) of email message I get "Out of memory at line: 806". Other printing ways in OE and IE function properly.
    > Did not find any relevant data regarding that in Google search.
    > Any suggestion would be appreciated.

    If it's like your message maybe fixing your word wrap would help.

    Here's a couple of places to look but without knowing things like the number
    of windows open and frequecy of the error appearing (does it happen all of
    the time?) it is hard to say.

    http://www.aumha.org/win4/kbie.php
    http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/memory.htm#MEMORYOUTOF

    (lifted from /. Posted by jamie.)

    Jimchip, Jul 3, 2003

  3. Mir

    Mir Guest

    Only IE and OE are open and the error appears "every time" when I want to print "selection" in OE i.e. I can not print part of message in OE. The whole message can be printed in OE with no problem. In IE I can print part or whole text.
    Thank you very much for you help

    Mir, Jul 3, 2003
  4. Mir

    °Mike° Guest

    Please change the length of your line wrap. It is far too long
    for quoted text to be displayed correctly. Go to Tools / Options /
    Send / News Sending Format / Plain Text Settings. Change the
    'Automatically wrap text at [xx] characters', to 76. Thank you.

    As to your problem, you only have 32MB RAM, and you say your
    swap file is 74MB. Do you have the swap file set to a fixed size?
    This could be a contributing factor, if not the cause of your problem.

    On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 16:30:21 +0200, in
    <be1eie$4cbg$>
    Mir scrawled:

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    °Mike°, Jul 3, 2003
  5. Mir

    Shep© Guest

    On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 21:51:56 +0200, In this world we created "Mir"
    <> wrote :

    >Yes, the swap file is set to fixed size (min = max) of 74 MB. I have tried
    >to leave max. value blank but than OK button is grayed. In addition, put 100
    >MB for max. value but with no joy.Please do you have suggestion.
    >
    >TIA

    F8 bootup/Command prompt only and type
    deltree win386.swp and press enter.
    If your win386.swp is in the windows folder then at the C: prompt type
    cd\
    cd windows
    deltree win386.swp
    pressing Enter after each command.
    Win to start windows.

    There is,"Never" a need to set a maximum fixed swapfile as setting the
    correct,"Minimum" will stop the swap file re sizing as per,
    http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/easy.html
    There are no,"Multiples" of RAM for setting this figure even in WinXP
    even though MS say different.But then what do they know ;-)
    You can install the free,"Cacheman" from the above page and it has a
    nice swapfile/pagefile graph usage tracker for getting the correct
    amount for this,"Minimum" setting.
    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Free songs download,

    Shep©, Jul 3, 2003
  6. Mir

    Shep© Guest

    On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 21:33:51 +0100, In this world we created Shep©
    <> wrote :

    >On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 21:51:56 +0200, In this world we created "Mir"
    ><> wrote :
    >
    >>Yes, the swap file is set to fixed size (min = max) of 74 MB. I have tried
    >>to leave max. value blank but than OK button is grayed. In addition, put 100
    >>MB for max. value but with no joy.Please do you have suggestion.
    >>
    >>TIA

    >F8 bootup/Command prompt only and type
    >deltree win386.swp and press enter.
    >If your win386.swp is in the windows folder then at the C: prompt type
    >cd\
    >cd windows
    >deltree win386.swp
    >pressing Enter after each command.
    >Win to start windows.
    >
    >There is,"Never" a need to set a maximum fixed swapfile as setting the
    >correct,"Minimum" will stop the swap file re sizing as per,
    >http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/easy.html
    >There are no,"Multiples" of RAM for setting this figure even in WinXP
    >even though MS say different.But then what do they know ;-)
    >You can install the free,"Cacheman" from the above page and it has a
    >nice swapfile/pagefile graph usage tracker for getting the correct
    >amount for this,"Minimum" setting.
    >HTH :)

    PS
    Don't worry about deleting the win386.swp as windows will make a new
    repaired win386.swp when you re-boot.If you still get a fault call
    suspect faulty RAM.

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Free songs download,

    Shep©, Jul 3, 2003
  7. Mir

    °Mike° Guest

    Do *not* set a maximum swap file size - you only have 32MB of
    RAM, and setting a maximum is severely restricting Windows
    in almost every way. Setting a maximum is a "no no", for
    Windows 9x, in any case. Allow Windows to manage the swap
    file. Also perform some basic clean-up maintenance.

    On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 21:51:56 +0200, in
    <be21m0$d4sd$>
    Mir scrawled:

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    °Mike°, Jul 4, 2003
  8. Mir

    Plato Guest

    Mir wrote:

    > Yes, the swap file is set to fixed size (min = max) of 74 MB. I have tried

    Ahh, the problem.

    Plato, Jul 4, 2003
  9. Mir

    Mir Guest

    Basic clean-up maintenance performed and returned to "Let Windows manage my
    virtual memory setting" but the problem remained. Any idea?

    TIA

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    Mir, Jul 5, 2003
  10. Mir

    °Mike° Guest

    You say you have 1.5 Gb free on the drive, so drive space
    shouldn't be a problem. You have changed the swap file
    management to allow Windows to manage it - did you reboot
    after changing this? And did you streamline your startup?

    One thing you could try is to uninstall and re-install
    Outlook Express, since it is only this application where
    you seem to be experiencing problems.

    On Sat, 5 Jul 2003 15:53:12 +0200, in
    <be6l4n$1jvl2$>
    Mir scrawled:

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    °Mike°, Jul 5, 2003
  11. Mir

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 19:57:07 -0400, in
    <3f0765bd$0$49454$>
    Thund3rstruck scrawled:

    >°Mike° rambled on about something in
    ><>:
    >
    >> You say you have 1.5 Gb free on the drive, so drive space
    >> shouldn't be a problem. You have changed the swap file
    >> management to allow Windows to manage it - did you reboot
    >> after changing this? And did you streamline your startup?
    >>
    >> One thing you could try is to uninstall and re-install
    >> Outlook Express, since it is only this application where
    >> you seem to be experiencing problems.

    > Could it be possible that one of his .dbx files is corrupt and
    >causing it? Just a quick thought....
    >
    > NOI

    Anything is possible with MS products, that's why I suggested a
    re-install.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 6, 2003
  12. Mir

    Mir Guest

    Yes, I rebooted after the change and startup is already streamlined. Can I
    uninstall and re-install only OE 5.5 (remaining IE 5.5 intact) and how?
    This is newbie question but....

    TIA

    Mir, Jul 6, 2003
  13. Mir

    Mir Guest

    In Add/Remove Program-Microsoft Outlook Express 5 I can uninstall OE but can
    I reinstall only OE (without IE) and how.

    TIA

    Mir, Jul 6, 2003
  14. Mir

    °Mike° Guest

    Yes, if you have the ie5setup.exe and .cab files still
    on your computer. They will probably be found in the
    folder: C:\WINDOWS\Windows Update Setup Files

    Run ie5setup.exe and choose 'Install Minimal or customize
    your browser'. Uncheck everything except Outlook Express.

    On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 10:43:59 +0200, in
    <be8ncs$2b1gl$>
    Mir scrawled:

    --