    works, please email me at

    Thanks,

    Jake
    Why Am I here?, Dec 11, 2004

  2. Why Am I here?

    TCS Guest

    On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 05:19:22 GMT, Why Am I here? <> wrote:
    >I purchased an Emerson VCR/DVD-R/-RWcombo and I've tried using the new 8X
    >DVD-R discs and keep recieving the "cannot use this disc" error message and
    >I was wondering if anyone with a componet DVD recorder has gotten this
    >message.

    which word didn't you understand?
    TCS, Dec 11, 2004

  3. Why Am I here?

    Nobody Guest

    Re: Out of date Componet DVD-R recorder??? HELP! -- To: Why am I here?

    Two words: Firmware Upgrade

    Sounds like you need a firmware upgrade; but if it's that out of
    date my guess is you won't be able to use anything faster than 4X
    media even with an upgrade.
    Nobody, Dec 11, 2004

    <> wrote:
    > >I purchased an Emerson VCR/DVD-R/-RWcombo and I've tried using the new 8X
    > >DVD-R discs and keep recieving the "cannot use this disc" error message

    and
    > >I was wondering if anyone with a componet DVD recorder has gotten this
    > >message.

    > which word didn't you understand?

    Ha. Funny! Seriously, I thought the 4X, 8X speeds were only applicable to
    computer DVD-R writers...Oh, well.
    Why Am I here?, Dec 11, 2004
  5. Why Am I here?

    Biz Guest

    "Why Am I here?" <> wrote in message
    > I purchased an Emerson VCR/DVD-R/-RWcombo and I've tried using the new 8X
    > DVD-R discs and keep recieving the "cannot use this disc" error message

    and
    > I was wondering if anyone with a componet DVD recorder has gotten this
    > message.
    >
    > If you have have had this problem and found a brand of 8X DVD-R disc that
    > works, please email me at

    Use disks that are listed as compatible in the owners manual.
    Biz, Dec 11, 2004
  6. "Biz" <> wrote in message

    > Use disks that are listed as compatible in the owners manual.

    I am, but this is a component DVD burner, not a computer DVD burner and the
    manual says nothing about what recording speeds the DVD-R's
    are compatible with.
    Why Am I here?, Dec 12, 2004
  7. Why Am I here?

    Joe S Guest

    Why Am I here? wrote:

    > I purchased an Emerson VCR/DVD-R/-RWcombo and I've tried using the new 8X
    > DVD-R discs and keep recieving the "cannot use this disc" error message and
    > I was wondering if anyone with a componet DVD recorder has gotten this
    > message.
    >
    > If you have have had this problem and found a brand of 8X DVD-R disc that
    > works, please email me at
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Jake

    Google is your friend....

    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/105106

    ==============
    The disc error is because the Emerson isn't compatible with DVD-R for General
    2.0 discs (that is, discs faster than 2x). It only reads 1.0 discs 1x-2x.

    Whether Emerson will address this in a firmware update is unknown - probably
    not.

    ============

    Joe
    Joe S, Dec 12, 2004
  8. Why Am I here?

    GMAN Guest

    In article <>, Joe S <> wrote:
    >Why Am I here? wrote:
    >
    >> I purchased an Emerson VCR/DVD-R/-RWcombo and I've tried using the new 8X
    >> DVD-R discs and keep recieving the "cannot use this disc" error message and
    >> I was wondering if anyone with a componet DVD recorder has gotten this
    >> message.
    >>
    >> If you have have had this problem and found a brand of 8X DVD-R disc that
    >> works, please email me at
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Jake

    >Google is your friend....
    >
    >http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/105106

    >The disc error is because the Emerson isn't compatible with DVD-R for General
    >2.0 discs (that is, discs faster than 2x). It only reads 1.0 discs 1x-2x.
    >
    >Whether Emerson will address this in a firmware update is unknown - probably
    >not.

    Emerson is a brand name owned by Funai . What a peice of shit company THAT is!
    GMAN, Dec 12, 2004