    "Maratonmannen" is there wondering why we are all silent. I don't know
    how (what method) he is still posting there.
    Carlos
    Carlos, Sep 25, 2010

  2. Carlos

    Kue2 Guest

    I replied to your post via the web, but reply never made it.
    Just said there was an error & try later.....

    Kue2, Sep 25, 2010

  3. "Carlos" <> wrote in message

    > However, all posts done via "other" ways (ethernal-september.org,
    > google groups, etc.) don't mirror in the cited web page.

    I posted via news.sunsite.dk to a group called
    microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general

    If MS wanted any "ownership" of the group, they should never have accepted
    feeds from other servers.
    Uffe Kousgaard, Sep 25, 2010
  4. The NNTP interface is definitely gone, but it appears that at least one of
    the Web interface servers still has it. But I've moved to my local
    newsserver for this. (My ISP actually still hosts news, though I suspect
    they're just repointing to someone else. )

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/Russel

    Charlie Russel-MVP, Sep 25, 2010
  5. Carlos

    Lynn McGuire Guest

    > Our NG is somehow still hosted by MSFT.
    > Post done via web:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/...ft.public.windows.64bit.general&lang=en&cr=US
    > show up properly.
    > However, all posts done via "other" ways (ethernal-september.org,
    > google groups, etc.) don't mirror in the cited web page.
    > "Maratonmannen" is there wondering why we are all silent. I don't know
    > how (what method) he is still posting there.

    I am reading this via http://www.eternal-september.org/ . Looks like MS
    has moved on and does not care about these groups anymore.

    Lynn
    Lynn McGuire, Sep 25, 2010
  6. R. C. White wrote:
    > ?Hi, Carlos.
    >
    > I'm reading and posting here via my ISP (news.grandecom.net), as I've
    > reported before.
    >
    > When I clicked the link in your post, nothing happened. So I
    > copy'n'pasted it into 64-bit IE9 (beta). It took me to "Discussions
    > in Windows XP Professional x64 Edition". Note two things about that:
    > First, it's the "Discussions" web page, as you said, not NNTP.
    > Second, it's the WinXP-specific group, not our late lamented
    > "generic" 64-bit Windows NG. Yes, I know the URL includes the correct
    > name of this NG, but the link takes me to the WinXP-specific page
    > (amidst all the other WinXP-specific Discussion Groups).
    >
    > So far as I can see, this NEWSGROUP is no longer hosted by Microsoft
    > in any way. And we never were able to convince The Powers That Be at
    > Microsoft to create a FORUM for us to discuss 64-bit problems and
    > issues that cross the lines between Windows versions - and even
    > non-Windows OSes.
    >
    > So, until further developments, we must either continue to access
    > THIS newsgroup via non-Microsoft news servers, or we migrate to
    > Forums - and TRY to find one that can substitute for this 64-bit
    > "community".

    There are a lot of technical subjects that are missing from the forums.
    There is very little on scripting and nothing on VBScript, specifically.
    Fortunately, microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript and others are
    carried on Usenet.
    --
    Crash

    Life is short. Eat dessert first.
    Dave \Crash\ Dummy, Sep 26, 2010
  7. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Hi, R.C.,
    Just a comment and without the intention of opening a discussion.
    That web page is the one that I have always used to post in our
    deceased newsgroup.
    XP or not XP, that's the single one I used since 2005.
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Sep 27, 2010