Our Daily Bread Web site and Mozilla 1.5

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Indigo Moon Man, Nov 29, 2003.

  1. Indigo Moon Man, Nov 29, 2003

  2. Indigo Moon Man

    Jim Sanchez Guest

    Jim Sanchez, Nov 29, 2003

  3. Indigo Moon Man wrote:
    > Does this web site display incorrectly for anyone else using Mozilla 1.5?
    > Any ideas on how I can (if possible) correct this? Thanks!
    >
    > http://www.gospelcom.net/rbc/odb/odb.shtml

    I doubt the background is supposed to repeat like that. Try using
    background-repeat:repeat-y in your CSS instead of relying on thin
    browser windows.
    Leif K-Brooks, Nov 29, 2003
  4. Indigo Moon Man

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Ed Mullen, Nov 29, 2003
  5. Indigo Moon Man wrote:

    > Does this web site display incorrectly for anyone else using Mozilla 1.5?
    > Any ideas on how I can (if possible) correct this? Thanks!
    >
    > http://www.gospelcom.net/rbc/odb/odb.shtml

    Nearly identical in Moz 1.6 latest nightly, and IE6. What is the
    problem you are seeing?

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Nov 29, 2003
  6. Leif K-Brooks <> spake thusly:

    > Indigo Moon Man wrote:
    >> Does this web site display incorrectly for anyone else using Mozilla 1.5?
    >> Any ideas on how I can (if possible) correct this? Thanks!
    >>
    >> http://www.gospelcom.net/rbc/odb/odb.shtml

    > I doubt the background is supposed to repeat like that. Try using
    > background-repeat:repeat-y in your CSS instead of relying on thin
    > browser windows.

    It's not my web page. It just doesn't display properly for me in Mozilla
    1.5

    --
    Our Daily Bread Devotional:
    http://www.gospelcom.net/rbc/odb/odb.shtml
    Indigo Moon Man, Nov 29, 2003
  7. Ed Mullen <> spake thusly:

    > Indigo Moon Man wrote:
    >> Does this web site display incorrectly for anyone else using Mozilla 1.5?
    >> Any ideas on how I can (if possible) correct this? Thanks!
    >>
    >> http://www.gospelcom.net/rbc/odb/odb.shtml
    >>

    > It looks fine to me in 1.5. What are you seeing? Or not?

    The text is shoved way to the right and about half as wide as it is when the
    page displays normally. And all the links in the green area on the left are
    in the middle of the screen for me.

    --
    Our Daily Bread Devotional:
    http://www.gospelcom.net/rbc/odb/odb.shtml
    Indigo Moon Man, Nov 29, 2003
  8. Leonidas Jones <> spake thusly:

    Indigo Moon Man, Nov 29, 2003
  9. Indigo Moon Man, Nov 29, 2003
  10. Indigo Moon Man wrote:

    > Leonidas Jones <> spake thusly:
    >
    >>Indigo Moon Man wrote:
    >>

    >>>Does this web site display incorrectly for anyone else using Mozilla 1.5?
    >>>Any ideas on how I can (if possible) correct this? Thanks!
    >>>
    >>>http://www.gospelcom.net/rbc/odb/odb.shtml
    >>>

    >>Nearly identical in Moz 1.6 latest nightly, and IE6. What is the
    >>problem you are seeing?
    >>

    > The text is shoved way to the right and about half as wide as it is when the
    > page displays normally. And all the links in the green area on the left are
    > in the middle of the screen for me.
    >

    > --
    > Our Daily Bread Devotional:
    > http://www.gospelcom.net/rbc/odb/odb.shtml

    Sorry, I don't see any reason for that. I checked it again, and then
    again in NS 7.1, and for good measure, in Opera 7.1, and display is
    fine. I tried disabling styles, but there seem to be none, then
    disabled javascript, still no major display problems. CAn't imagine
    what's causing the problem you see.

    Have you tried using a different profile?

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Nov 30, 2003
  11. Indigo Moon Man

    dantu Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > Indigo Moon Man wrote:

    >>> Nearly identical in Moz 1.6 latest nightly, and IE6. What is the
    >>> problem you are seeing?
    >>>

    >> The text is shoved way to the right and about half as wide as it is
    >> when the
    >> page displays normally. And all the links in the green area on the
    >> left are
    >> in the middle of the screen for me.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Our Daily Bread Devotional:
    >> http://www.gospelcom.net/rbc/odb/odb.shtml
    >>

    > Sorry, I don't see any reason for that. I checked it again, and then
    > again in NS 7.1, and for good measure, in Opera 7.1, and display is
    > fine. I tried disabling styles, but there seem to be none, then
    > disabled javascript, still no major display problems. CAn't imagine
    > what's causing the problem you see.
    >
    > Have you tried using a different profile?
    >
    > Lee

    Um what screen resolution are you using, and what window size?

    I dont see any difference in the page with Mozilla 1.5, 1.4.1, Firebird
    or even (ugh) IE. They all appear the same to me
    dantu, Nov 30, 2003