Ottawa, Canada: Volunteer animal photogrpahers needed

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Janus, Jun 8, 2005.

  1. Janus

    Janus Guest

    I am the present volunteer photographer for the Ottawa Humane Society
    website and database. It is a great gig and I love it, but my husband
    is being transferred abroad in the fall. So, I/we need to find some
    replacements.

    Requirements:

    First, you need to really like cats and/or rodents and/or birds and/or
    any of the many kinds of companion animals that the OHS shelters and
    rehabilitates (except dogs -- the staff does the dog snaps);

    Second, you should have a decent digital camera that can produce fairly
    large size images to work from;

    Third, you need to be able to work onsite during some period of regular
    business hours (excluding Saturday) -- in the case of the OHS M-F 9AM -
    6PM.

    Fourth, you need to be able to crawl around on a cement floor without
    feeling silly (I wear volleyball kneepads).

    It would really help if:

    First, you were familiar with either Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Elements;

    Second, you have WinZip or similar program on your computer;

    Third, you have some artistic impulses.

    To see some of my work, and the kind of thing we need to get online,
    check out the OHS website at:

    http://www.ottawahumane.ca/petharbor.html

    And click either the Cats or Small Animals link. Pictures of animals
    *not* in cages are mine.

    This can be a time-consuming gig, so we need to create a team of three
    or four people who do different days and/or different animals.

    If you are interested in finding out more, contact me at:

    janus at magma dot ca

    or

    tigerspirit at sinister-designs dot com

    Thanks.