    Henry's is renovating, but my favorite sales guy is gone (Robert Mayr)

    Galaxy is building a multi-million dollar building.

    Matt
    Matt, Apr 24, 2007

  2. "Matt" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > What is going on with Ottawa camera stores?
    >
    > Ginn's has no stock, claims D80s are back ordered until mid-May (they
    > claim)
    >
    > Henry's is renovating, but my favorite sales guy is gone (Robert Mayr)
    >
    > Galaxy is building a multi-million dollar building.
    >
    > Matt

    Just order on the WEB. I do it all the time including cameras.
    Robert Nabors, Apr 25, 2007

  3. "Robert Nabors" <> wrote in message

    > "Matt" <> wrote in message
    >> What is going on with Ottawa camera stores?
    >>
    >> Ginn's has no stock, claims D80s are back ordered until mid-May (they
    >> claim)
    >>
    >> Henry's is renovating, but my favorite sales guy is gone (Robert Mayr)
    >>
    >> Galaxy is building a multi-million dollar building.
    >>
    >> Matt
    >>

    > Just order on the WEB. I do it all the time including cameras.

    This is why local stores go out of business, I bet you go into Ginn's and
    get them to demo before buying on the web.
    Heywood Jablowme, Apr 25, 2007
  4. "Matt" <> wrote in message
    > What is going on with Ottawa camera stores?
    >
    > Ginn's has no stock, claims D80s are back ordered until mid-May (they
    > claim)
    >
    > Henry's is renovating, but my favorite sales guy is gone (Robert Mayr)
    >
    > Galaxy is building a multi-million dollar building.
    >
    > Matt

    From rumours floating around, Galaxy is the only locally owned (Ottawa)
    camera store left. Every other store are Toronto based chains
    not disclosed, Apr 25, 2007
  5. Matt

    Guest

    On 24 Apr, 15:52, Matt <> wrote:
    > What is going on with Ottawa camera stores?
    >
    > Ginn's has no stock, claims D80s are back ordered until mid-May (they
    > claim)
    >
    > Henry's is renovating, but my favorite sales guy is gone (Robert Mayr)
    >
    > Galaxy is building a multi-million dollar building.
    >
    > Matt

    We have the D80s in stock to low price.

    Take a look at www.ma-electronics.com

    //John
    , Apr 25, 2007
  6. "not disclosed" <nntp.server.net> wrote in message

    > From rumours floating around, Galaxy is the only locally owned (Ottawa)
    > camera store left. Every other store are Toronto based chains

    Ginn's was bought by a Toronto company recently.
    Heywood Jablowme, Apr 27, 2007
  7. wrote:
    > On 24 Apr, 15:52, Matt <> wrote:
    >> What is going on with Ottawa camera stores?
    >>
    >> Ginn's has no stock, claims D80s are back ordered until mid-May (they
    >> claim)
    >>
    >> Henry's is renovating, but my favorite sales guy is gone (Robert Mayr)
    >>
    >> Galaxy is building a multi-million dollar building.
    >>
    >> Matt

    > We have the D80s in stock to low price.
    >
    > Take a look at www.ma-electronics.com
    >
    > //John

    Your price of 6,659.80 SEK is $1,110.48 CAD, retail in Ottawa is $980,
    and I don't have to ship from Sweden, plus for the $980 I get a Nikon
    Canada warranty.

    As your post is an attempt to spam your crappy webstore...
    Not Disclosed, Apr 28, 2007
  8. Matt

    Watcher Guest

    Vistek Ottawa

    Vistek is opening in Ottawa, one less local store. Are there any now?

    Watcher, Apr 28, 2007
  9. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Re: Vistek Ottawa

    On Apr 28, 7:06 am, Watcher <dev/null> wrote:
    > Vistek is opening in Ottawa, one less local store. Are there any now?

    It's a done deal, Ginn's will move into the cellar and be the lab for
    Vistek Ottawa, Vistek will be equipment sales. Vistek is going head-to-
    head with Henry's/Headshots in the Ottawa market. Ottawa I don't think
    have any independent locally owned stores. The web and fickle
    customers have killed off local dealers.
    Matt, Apr 28, 2007
  10. Matt

    phototaker Guest

    Re: Vistek Ottawa

    "Watcher" <dev/null> wrote in message
    > Vistek is opening in Ottawa, one less local store. Are there any now?
    >
    > Matt wrote:
    > > What is going on with Ottawa camera stores?
    > >
    > > Ginn's has no stock, claims D80s are back ordered until mid-May (they
    > > claim)
    > >
    > > Henry's is renovating, but my favorite sales guy is gone (Robert Mayr)
    > >
    > > Galaxy is building a multi-million dollar building.
    > >
    > > Matt

    Off-topic, I had forgotten until now, but my Dad repaired cameras for Karsh
    in Ottawa in the 1950's.
    phototaker, Apr 29, 2007