    but the shared folder still cannot be accessed.
    Please help.
    , Mar 13, 2006

  2. why? Guest

    On 13 Mar 2006 12:07:37 -0800, padingle@ wrote:

    Read some of the often posted
    networking links, it saves having to repost the list over and over.

    Here is - www.wown.com , see the file sharing bit.

    >I run Windows xp professional on my laptop, and i have tried to shared

    Start / Help and Support / type

    folder share

    in the Search box, click on the green arrow (for - go / start search)

    30 results found for folder share

    >some files across my network, When you try to access my files across
    >the network a windows comes up saying something about permissions, i
    >have disabled the windows firewall (at least i think i have) and i have

    No, you set the FW to allow file sharing, on the local LAN and if
    possible specific machines.

    >got norton firewall set to low. -I have tried turning norton off aswell
    >but the shared folder still cannot be accessed.

    Having shared a folder, you then clicked on the permissions button and
    allowed specific users/groups to access the share. Remembering to create
    the username/passwords.

    >Please help.

    Me
    why?, Mar 13, 2006