    Fdisk shows C drive with active dos partition but System section shows
    "unknown" raher than F16 or F32. Any way I can recover this please? XP
    CD repair does not help.

    Devdeep, Oct 21, 2003

  2. Devdeep

    Shep© Guest

    On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 21:39:38 +0100, Knowing that it was a Hollywood
    invention that lemmings jump off cliffs Devdeep <> wrote :

    >I have a PIII with XP on it. The machine no longer boots with a
    >message "Operating system not found". Booting from dos floppy and
    >using Fdsik, I can see the C, D and E drives but cannot access C drive
    >(Abort, fait etc..). I can access D and E drives.
    >
    >Fdisk shows C drive with active dos partition but System section shows
    >"unknown" raher than F16 or F32. Any way I can recover this please? XP
    >CD repair does not help.

    Are you sure about the XP repair?
    Try here,

    Free Windows/PC help,
    It's a G not a J in gmx for email
    Free songs download,

    Shep©, Oct 21, 2003

  3. Devdeep

    Patch Guest

    "Devdeep" <> wrote in message

    > I have a PIII with XP on it. The machine no longer boots with a
    > message "Operating system not found". Booting from dos floppy and
    > using Fdsik, I can see the C, D and E drives but cannot access C drive
    > (Abort, fait etc..). I can access D and E drives.
    >
    > Fdisk shows C drive with active dos partition but System section shows
    > "unknown" raher than F16 or F32. Any way I can recover this please? XP
    > CD repair does not help.

    Sounds like the hard drive was formatted with NTFS.

    Patch, Oct 21, 2003
  4. Devdeep

    Jason Chow Guest

    try reformat tha disk. If u cant means your hard disk has developed bad
    sectors and u might consider buying a new one

    Jason Chow, Oct 23, 2003