OTG Enclosure

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Matt Silberstein, Jan 19, 2006.

  1. My vosonic Xdrive has died on me. Not the hard drive, which is fine,
    but it no longer copies from the memory card to the drive. It will
    copy from memory card to the computer and from hard drive to the
    computer, but it does not do the important job of backing up the
    memory card.

    I saw something about the OTG USB standard and found a few devices.
    There is the Addlogic, at about $20-$25.

    http://www.shopontheweb.net/addlogix-xmen-usb-20-configurable-25-external-drive-enclosu-p-28661.html

    Then there is the Bytec (goes by many names), it seems, anywhere from
    $32 to $90.

    http://www.etech4sale.com/hardware/partinfo-id-142396.html
    http://www.cooldrives.com/usb-on-the-go-enclosure-usb-otg.html

    For $40 I can get one with an LCD, which I assume has more information
    than some lights and buzzers, but I would not swear to it, and, more
    importantly, uses AA batteries.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6836930984&category=11171

    I have not found any reviews of any of these and wonder if anyone has
    experience with them?

    --
    Matt Silberstein

    Do something today about the Darfur Genocide

    http://www.beawitness.org
    http://www.darfurgenocide.org
    http://www.savedarfur.org

    "Darfur: A Genocide We can Stop"