  1. MSB

    MSB Guest

    GOOOO Texas beat USC!!

    MSB, Jan 5, 2006

  2. MSB

    Donald Guest

    YeeHaaa!
    "MSB" <> wrote in message
    news:43bc6ce5$0$28922$...
    > GOOOO Texas beat USC!!

    Donald, Jan 5, 2006

  3. MSB wrote:

    > GOOOO Texas beat USC!!

    7-0

    The University of Spoiled Children got first blood.

    --
    Blinky, in Los Angeles

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 5, 2006
  4. MSB

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:p,
    Blinky the Shark spewed forth:
    > MSB wrote:
    >
    >> GOOOO Texas beat USC!!

    > 7-0
    >
    > The University of Spoiled Children got first blood.

    But not much since then...SO many fumbles <g>

    Toolman Tim, Jan 5, 2006
  5. MSB

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:il%uf.435$,
    Toolman Tim spewed forth:
    > In news:p,
    > Blinky the Shark spewed forth:
    >> MSB wrote:
    >>
    >>> GOOOO Texas beat USC!!

    >> 7-0
    >>
    >> The University of Spoiled Children got first blood.

    > But not much since then...SO many fumbles <g>

    And interceptions <g>

    Go Texas!!

    Toolman Tim, Jan 5, 2006
  6. MSB

    FML Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:
    > In news:p,
    > Blinky the Shark spewed forth:
    >
    >>MSB wrote:
    >>

    >>>GOOOO Texas beat USC!!

    >>7-0
    >>
    >>The University of Spoiled Children got first blood.

    > But not much since then...SO many fumbles <g>

    9-7 UT - Go Horns!

    FML, Jan 5, 2006
  7. MSB

    FML Guest

    FML wrote:
    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >
    >> In news:p,
    >> Blinky the Shark spewed forth:

    >>> 7-0
    >>>
    >>> The University of Spoiled Children got first blood.

    >> But not much since then...SO many fumbles <g>
    >>

    > 9-7 UT - Go Horns!

    16-7 UT. I may burst a coronary artery!
    Go Horns!

    FML, Jan 5, 2006
  8. MSB

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:eek:,
    FML spewed forth:
    > FML wrote:
    >> Toolman Tim wrote:
    >>
    >>> In news:p,
    >>> Blinky the Shark spewed forth:

    >>> But not much since then...SO many fumbles <g>
    >>>

    >> 9-7 UT - Go Horns!

    > 16-7 UT. I may burst a coronary artery!
    > Go Horns!

    Heh heh! I was like that last night. But not because Penn State was
    winning...boy was I pissed <g> (I have family in Florida, some of which are
    Seminole alumni. And I have a niece currently enrolled in the University of
    Miami. Wrong end of the state, but at least she's not a Gator <g>)

    Toolman Tim, Jan 5, 2006
  9. MSB

    FML Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:
    > In news:eek:,
    > FML spewed forth:
    >
    >>FML wrote:

    >>>9-7 UT - Go Horns!

    >>16-7 UT. I may burst a coronary artery!
    >>Go Horns!

    > Heh heh! I was like that last night. But not because Penn State was
    > winning...boy was I pissed <g> (I have family in Florida, some of which are
    > Seminole alumni. And I have a niece currently enrolled in the University of
    > Miami. Wrong end of the state, but at least she's not a Gator <g>)

    YeeeeeHaaaaaa! Texas 41-38
    National Champions!!
    My alma mater Class of '80

    FML, Jan 5, 2006
  10. Toolman Tim wrote:

    > In news:p, Blinky the
    > Shark spewed forth:
    >> MSB wrote:
    >>
    >>> GOOOO Texas beat USC!!

    >> 7-0
    >>
    >> The University of Spoiled Children got first blood.

    > But not much since then...SO many fumbles <g>

    I can't believe that fourth'n'one they didn't make on their next to last
    possession. With Reggie on the sideline.

    Good game, though.

    --
    Blinky Reg Linux User 297263
    Killfiling all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 5, 2006
  11. FML wrote:

    > YeeeeeHaaaaaa! Texas 41-38
    > National Champions!!
    > My alma mater Class of '80

    Heckuva game, albeit I was pulling for USC (I live in L.A.). Y'all took
    out my boys last year -- Michigan. Quite a team you have, there, Tex.
    Enjoy the championship.

    --
    Blinky T. "Go Blue" Shark

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 5, 2006
  12. MSB

    FML Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > FML wrote:
    >

    >>YeeeeeHaaaaaa! Texas 41-38
    >>National Champions!!
    >>My alma mater Class of '80

    > Heckuva game, albeit I was pulling for USC (I live in L.A.). Y'all took
    > out my boys last year -- Michigan. Quite a team you have, there, Tex.
    > Enjoy the championship.

    I'll be honest. When USC went ahead 38-26 with 6:42 to go, I thought we
    were toast. Even after we scored to narrow the gap to 38-33 I thought
    we'd never get the ball back (hadn't been able to stop USC's incredible
    offense the whole second half). I was flabbergasted when USC chose to go
    for it on 4th and 2 and almost soiled myself when UT stopped them 6"
    short. The final Texas drive was classic.

    Regardless of the winner, that was one of the best college football
    games I've ever seen. The BSC hit a grand slam this year.

    Tomorrow I am out to purchase T-Shirts, hats and any National
    Championship paraphanelia I can get my hands on, it has been a long 35
    years since we've enjoyed one of these.

    FML, Jan 5, 2006
  13. FML wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> FML wrote:
    >>

    >>>YeeeeeHaaaaaa! Texas 41-38
    >>>National Champions!!
    >>>My alma mater Class of '80

    >> Heckuva game, albeit I was pulling for USC (I live in L.A.). Y'all took
    >> out my boys last year -- Michigan. Quite a team you have, there, Tex.
    >> Enjoy the championship.
    >>

    > I'll be honest. When USC went ahead 38-26 with 6:42 to go, I thought we
    > were toast. Even after we scored to narrow the gap to 38-33 I thought we'd

    I thought you were, too.

    > never get the ball back (hadn't been able to stop USC's incredible

    I was afraid you would. I'm a pessimist.

    > offense the whole second half). I was flabbergasted when USC chose to go

    Nobody has in the second half all year (and then some). USC's typical
    game is to fart around with merely respectable football for the first half
    or three quarters before turning on the afterburner. When they're up
    against a good team, that makes it pretty squeaky until they do light the
    fuse.

    > for it on 4th and 2 and almost soiled myself when UT stopped them 6"
    > short. The final Texas drive was classic.

    What the hell kinda call was that, with their star RB watching from the
    sideline?

    > Regardless of the winner, that was one of the best college football
    > games I've ever seen. The BSC hit a grand slam this year.

    It was a doozy.

    > Tomorrow I am out to purchase T-Shirts, hats and any National
    > Championship paraphanelia I can get my hands on, it has been a long 35
    > years since we've enjoyed one of these.

    I hear you. 1997 for us (Michigan) hardly compares. Enjoy!

    Confession: I have a 'Horns sweatshirt that I picked up when I was down
    there, once. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 5, 2006
  14. MSB

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    FML spewed forth:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> FML wrote:
    >>

    >>> YeeeeeHaaaaaa! Texas 41-38
    >>> National Champions!!
    >>> My alma mater Class of '80

    >> Heckuva game, albeit I was pulling for USC (I live in L.A.). Y'all
    >> took out my boys last year -- Michigan. Quite a team you have,
    >> there, Tex. Enjoy the championship.
    >>

    > I'll be honest. When USC went ahead 38-26 with 6:42 to go, I thought
    > we were toast. Even after we scored to narrow the gap to 38-33 I
    > thought we'd never get the ball back (hadn't been able to stop USC's
    > incredible offense the whole second half). I was flabbergasted when
    > USC chose to go for it on 4th and 2 and almost soiled myself when UT
    > stopped them 6" short. The final Texas drive was classic.
    >
    > Regardless of the winner, that was one of the best college football
    > games I've ever seen. The BSC hit a grand slam this year.

    Absolutely! It was a good year for many other college bowls as well. Tight
    games, good competition, exciting finishes. Unfortunately, the teams I was
    cheering for the most, lost (FSU and OSU). I really didn't have a specific
    interest in either team in the championship game, but in a case like that, I
    usually cheer for the "underdog" :)

    Toolman Tim, Jan 5, 2006
  15. MSB

    FML Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > FML wrote:
    >

    >>Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >>>Heckuva game, albeit I was pulling for USC (I live in L.A.). Y'all took
    >>>out my boys last year -- Michigan. Quite a team you have, there, Tex.
    >>>Enjoy the championship.
    >>>

    >>I'll be honest. When USC went ahead 38-26 with 6:42 to go, I thought we
    >>were toast. Even after we scored to narrow the gap to 38-33 I thought we'd

    > I thought you were, too.
    >

    >>never get the ball back (hadn't been able to stop USC's incredible

    > I was afraid you would. I'm a pessimist.
    >

    >>offense the whole second half). I was flabbergasted when USC chose to go

    > Nobody has in the second half all year (and then some). USC's typical
    > game is to fart around with merely respectable football for the first half
    > or three quarters before turning on the afterburner. When they're up
    > against a good team, that makes it pretty squeaky until they do light the
    > fuse.
    >

    >>for it on 4th and 2 and almost soiled myself when UT stopped them 6"
    >>short. The final Texas drive was classic.

    > What the hell kinda call was that, with their star RB watching from the
    > sideline?

    I couldn't believe it when they showed Bush on the sideline for that
    play! I thought he might be hurt or something. In all my years of
    watching college football, I have never seen a Heisman winner on the
    sidelines for THE most important play of the season. Of course, I would
    have punted and make UT go 80 yards instead of 45.

    >>Regardless of the winner, that was one of the best college football
    >>games I've ever seen. The BSC hit a grand slam this year.

    > It was a doozy.
    >

    >>Tomorrow I am out to purchase T-Shirts, hats and any National
    >>Championship paraphanelia I can get my hands on, it has been a long 35
    >>years since we've enjoyed one of these.

    > I hear you. 1997 for us (Michigan) hardly compares. Enjoy!
    >
    > Confession: I have a 'Horns sweatshirt that I picked up when I was down
    > there, once. :)

    A few years ago I was involved in an ERP implementation for the State of
    Michigan and I bought UM sweats and hat. I like their colors and I'm a
    big Tom Brady fan.

    FML, Jan 5, 2006
  16. MSB

    FML Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:
    > In news:,
    > FML spewed forth:
    >
    >>Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >>>Heckuva game, albeit I was pulling for USC (I live in L.A.). Y'all
    >>>took out my boys last year -- Michigan. Quite a team you have,
    >>>there, Tex. Enjoy the championship.
    >>>

    >>I'll be honest. When USC went ahead 38-26 with 6:42 to go, I thought
    >>we were toast. Even after we scored to narrow the gap to 38-33 I
    >>thought we'd never get the ball back (hadn't been able to stop USC's
    >>incredible offense the whole second half). I was flabbergasted when
    >>USC chose to go for it on 4th and 2 and almost soiled myself when UT
    >>stopped them 6" short. The final Texas drive was classic.
    >>
    >>Regardless of the winner, that was one of the best college football
    >>games I've ever seen. The BSC hit a grand slam this year.
    >>

    > Absolutely! It was a good year for many other college bowls as well. Tight
    > games, good competition, exciting finishes. Unfortunately, the teams I was
    > cheering for the most, lost (FSU and OSU). I really didn't have a specific
    > interest in either team in the championship game, but in a case like that, I
    > usually cheer for the "underdog" :)

    No doubt one of the best bowl seasons in a while. That Penn State v FSU
    game was crazy!

    Interesting fact about the "underdogs". Three out of the last four BCS
    championship #1 v #2 games have been won by the #2 team.

    FML, Jan 5, 2006
  17. FML wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> FML wrote:

    >>>I'll be honest. When USC went ahead 38-26 with 6:42 to go, I thought we
    >>>were toast. Even after we scored to narrow the gap to 38-33 I thought
    >>>we'd

    >> I thought you were, too.
    >>

    >>>never get the ball back (hadn't been able to stop USC's incredible

    >> I was afraid you would. I'm a pessimist.
    >>

    >>>offense the whole second half). I was flabbergasted when USC chose to go

    >> Nobody has in the second half all year (and then some). USC's typical
    >> game is to fart around with merely respectable football for the first
    >> half or three quarters before turning on the afterburner. When they're
    >> up against a good team, that makes it pretty squeaky until they do light
    >> the fuse.
    >>

    >>>for it on 4th and 2 and almost soiled myself when UT stopped them 6"
    >>>short. The final Texas drive was classic.

    >> What the hell kinda call was that, with their star RB watching from the
    >> sideline?
    >>

    > I couldn't believe it when they showed Bush on the sideline for that play!
    > I thought he might be hurt or something. In all my years of watching
    > college football, I have never seen a Heisman winner on the sidelines for
    > THE most important play of the season. Of course, I would have punted and
    > make UT go 80 yards instead of 45.

    Ditto. I think this shows what Pete thought of the Longhorn offense, that
    he was afraid to give them the ball even with 80 needed. Since a FG
    wouldn't matter, I'd have taken that chance.

    >>>Regardless of the winner, that was one of the best college football
    >>>games I've ever seen. The BSC hit a grand slam this year.

    >> It was a doozy.
    >>
    >>>Tomorrow I am out to purchase T-Shirts, hats and any National
    >>>Championship paraphanelia I can get my hands on, it has been a long 35
    >>>years since we've enjoyed one of these.

    >> I hear you. 1997 for us (Michigan) hardly compares. Enjoy!
    >>
    >> Confession: I have a 'Horns sweatshirt that I picked up when I was down
    >> there, once. :)
    >>

    > A few years ago I was involved in an ERP implementation for the State of
    > Michigan and I bought UM sweats and hat. I like their colors and I'm a
    > big Tom Brady fan.

    The odd thing is that the QB before Brady took us to that 1997
    National Championship but never got his groove on in the NFL. I'm
    talking about Brian Greise...Griese...you know who I mean. :) (His
    father Bob was quarterbacking Purdue when I was in college.)

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 5, 2006
  18. Toolman Tim wrote:

    > In news:, FML spewed forth:
    >> Regardless of the winner, that was one of the best college football
    >> games I've ever seen. The BSC hit a grand slam this year.
    >>

    > Absolutely! It was a good year for many other college bowls as well. Tight
    > games, good competition, exciting finishes. Unfortunately, the teams I was
    > cheering for the most, lost (FSU and OSU). I really didn't have a specific
    > interest in either team in the championship game, but in a case like that,
    > I usually cheer for the "underdog" :)

    Tell me about tanking. Michigan was #3 preseaon. We were out of the Top
    25 about five weeks later. (In our second game - Notre Dame - our
    phenom RB went out with a leg injury on his fourth carry, and didn't come
    back for three or four games.) We still managed a minor (Alamo) bowl
    game, and we got beat by Nebraska. But how often to you see a Top 4 team
    end up unranked?

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 5, 2006
  19. FML wrote:

    > Toolman Tim wrote:

    >>>I'll be honest. When USC went ahead 38-26 with 6:42 to go, I thought we
    >>>were toast. Even after we scored to narrow the gap to 38-33 I thought
    >>>we'd never get the ball back (hadn't been able to stop USC's incredible
    >>>offense the whole second half). I was flabbergasted when USC chose to go
    >>>for it on 4th and 2 and almost soiled myself when UT stopped them 6"
    >>>short. The final Texas drive was classic.
    >>>
    >>>Regardless of the winner, that was one of the best college football
    >>>games I've ever seen. The BSC hit a grand slam this year.
    >>>

    >> Absolutely! It was a good year for many other college bowls as well.
    >> Tight games, good competition, exciting finishes. Unfortunately, the
    >> teams I was cheering for the most, lost (FSU and OSU). I really didn't
    >> have a specific interest in either team in the championship game, but in
    >> a case like that, I usually cheer for the "underdog" :)
    >>

    > No doubt one of the best bowl seasons in a while. That Penn State v FSU
    > game was crazy!
    >
    > Interesting fact about the "underdogs". Three out of the last four BCS
    > championship #1 v #2 games have been won by the #2 team.

    Wasn't one of them that horrible year where there was that whole BCS mess
    between LSU, USC, Oklahoma and Michigan in the top four, with the AP and
    BSC final regular season #1 rankings split?

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 5, 2006
  20. MSB

    FML Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > FML wrote:
    >

    >>Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >>>I thought you were, too.

    >>>I was afraid you would. I'm a pessimist.

    >>>Nobody has in the second half all year (and then some). USC's typical
    >>>game is to fart around with merely respectable football for the first
    >>>half or three quarters before turning on the afterburner. When they're
    >>>up against a good team, that makes it pretty squeaky until they do light
    >>>the fuse.

    >>>What the hell kinda call was that, with their star RB watching from the
    >>>sideline?
    >>>

    >>I couldn't believe it when they showed Bush on the sideline for that play!
    >>I thought he might be hurt or something. In all my years of watching
    >>college football, I have never seen a Heisman winner on the sidelines for
    >>THE most important play of the season. Of course, I would have punted and
    >>make UT go 80 yards instead of 45.

    > Ditto. I think this shows what Pete thought of the Longhorn offense, that
    > he was afraid to give them the ball even with 80 needed. Since a FG
    > wouldn't matter, I'd have taken that chance.

    >>>It was a doozy.

    >>>I hear you. 1997 for us (Michigan) hardly compares. Enjoy!
    >>>
    >>>Confession: I have a 'Horns sweatshirt that I picked up when I was down
    >>>there, once. :)
    >>>

    >>A few years ago I was involved in an ERP implementation for the State of
    >>Michigan and I bought UM sweats and hat. I like their colors and I'm a
    >>big Tom Brady fan.

    > The odd thing is that the QB before Brady took us to that 1997
    > National Championship but never got his groove on in the NFL. I'm
    > talking about Brian Greise...Griese...you know who I mean. :) (His
    > father Bob was quarterbacking Purdue when I was in college.)

    It has always amazed me how "great" college players just can't seem to
    elevate their games to the next level, especially at the QB position.
    Who will ever forget the 1998 draft: Ryan Leaf - Peyton Manning, who do
    ya pick? The Colts chose Manning and the rest is history (2 MVPs,
    probably will play in this year's Super Bowl). San Diego takes Leaf who
    turned out to be arguably the biggest bust in NFL draft history. Other
    names come to mind: Tim Couch, Andre Ware to name a couple.

    FML, Jan 5, 2006