OT? xbox 360 fault

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Fastmoggy, Dec 1, 2008.

  1. Fastmoggy

    Fastmoggy Guest

    Hi and sorry to bring this up here BUT..................

    Sons xbox 360 now has the ring of death!

    Is there any sites i can go to for help with fault finding?

    For some daft reason my son went on utube and wrapped it in towles for 15
    minutes switched on!

    Apart from a ear bashing he got it still don't work!

    Not sure what this You tube site is up to but they show videos of xboxes put
    into a water/vinager solution then to tell them to switch it back on!

    Sometimes kids will believe anything so i need help asap before he does
    something stupid whilst believing this particular site.

    I have advised hime to watch his tv whilst in the bath but for some reason
    he's not too keen..wonder why?

    Anyway if anyone can point me to a good site for fault finding/diy repair
    please respond.

    Failing that.. Anyone want a white door stop? im still using my trusty old
    286 :)
    Fastmoggy, Dec 1, 2008

  2. Fastmoggy

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 1 Dec 2008 17:45:00 -0000, "Fastmoggy" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi and sorry to bring this up here BUT..................
    >
    >Sons xbox 360 now has the ring of death!
    >
    >Is there any sites i can go to for help with fault finding?

    You can do some googling...
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=troubleshoot xbox 360 rings&btnG=Google Search&aq=f&oq=

    >For some daft reason my son went on utube and wrapped it in towles for 15
    >minutes switched on!

    Dry towels? Not going to do anything. And I'm guessing you mean
    youtube...

    >Apart from a ear bashing he got it still don't work!

    Huh?

    >Not sure what this You tube site is up to but they show videos of xboxes put
    >into a water/vinager solution then to tell them to switch it back on!

    If you don't know what youtube is.. I have to ask, what cave have you
    been living in?

    >Sometimes kids will believe anything so i need help asap before he does
    >something stupid whilst believing this particular site.
    >
    >I have advised hime to watch his tv whilst in the bath but for some reason
    >he's not too keen..wonder why?
    >
    >Anyway if anyone can point me to a good site for fault finding/diy repair
    >please respond.

    Google.
    Evan Platt, Dec 1, 2008

  3. Fastmoggy

    Fastmoggy Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 1 Dec 2008 17:45:00 -0000, "Fastmoggy" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Hi and sorry to bring this up here BUT..................
    >>
    >>Sons xbox 360 now has the ring of death!
    >>
    >>Is there any sites i can go to for help with fault finding?

    > You can do some googling...
    > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=troubleshoot xbox 360 rings&btnG=Google Search&aq=f&oq=
    >
    >>For some daft reason my son went on utube and wrapped it in towles for 15
    >>minutes switched on!

    > Dry towels? Not going to do anything. And I'm guessing you mean
    > youtube...
    >
    >>Apart from a ear bashing he got it still don't work!

    > Huh?
    >
    >>Not sure what this You tube site is up to but they show videos of xboxes
    >>put
    >>into a water/vinager solution then to tell them to switch it back on!

    > If you don't know what youtube is.. I have to ask, what cave have you
    > been living in?
    >
    >>Sometimes kids will believe anything so i need help asap before he does
    >>something stupid whilst believing this particular site.
    >>
    >>I have advised hime to watch his tv whilst in the bath but for some reason
    >>he's not too keen..wonder why?
    >>
    >>Anyway if anyone can point me to a good site for fault finding/diy repair
    >>please respond.

    Hi and YES i know what YouTube is! can be funny but this site he looked at
    seems a tad dangerous?
    Thanks for reply/link
    Oh and cave now has electric lite LOL
    Fastmoggy, Dec 1, 2008
  4. Fastmoggy

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 1 Dec 2008 18:09:33 -0000, "Fastmoggy" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi and YES i know what YouTube is! can be funny but this site he looked at
    >seems a tad dangerous?

    Well, youtube is a site where anyone can upload anything.

    Sort of like putting a bulletin board up in the middle of the town,
    but then saying that bulletin board is dangerous.
    Evan Platt, Dec 1, 2008
  5. Fastmoggy

    ian field Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 1 Dec 2008 18:09:33 -0000, "Fastmoggy" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Hi and YES i know what YouTube is! can be funny but this site he looked at
    >>seems a tad dangerous?

    > Well, youtube is a site where anyone can upload anything.
    >
    > Sort of like putting a bulletin board up in the middle of the town,
    > but then saying that bulletin board is dangerous.
    > --

    One town in the UK had a graffiti wall built - then prosecuted someone for
    criminal damage because they sprayed on it before the official opening
    ceremony!
    ian field, Dec 1, 2008
  6. Fastmoggy

    Guest

    "Fastmoggy" <> wrote:

    >Hi and sorry to bring this up here BUT..................
    >
    >Sons xbox 360 now has the ring of death!

    Check the serial number (on the back or bottom of box) on google, it
    might have a 3 year. no questions asked. replacement guarantee
    --

    One of my favorite things
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvYZMqQffQE
  7. Fastmoggy

    Fastmoggy Guest

    "Kenny" <> wrote in message
    > If your mail address is valid I have uploaded 2 Xbox repair guides to
    > Yousendit and you will be sent the download links.
    >
    > --
    > Kenny Cargill

    Thanks kenny,
    Yep the email addy is valid and mail recieved.

    Just found my computer building tools, not sure what the hammers for???? LOL

    Ok thanks for that, i now have a winter project to keep me busy
    Fastmoggy, Dec 2, 2008