[OT] WPA and other politics

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Dale, Jun 21, 2013.

  1. Dale

    Dale Guest

    I'm not a liberal
    I'm not a conservative

    count me as a progressive, my background is that I got it well from
    mental health disability, my payment is higher because I had a higher
    paying job, I also have considerable family support

    the USA struck a new deal with workers in the 1930's to stave off communism

    it included collective bargaining (union) rights and WPA along with
    other stuff I don't know

    WPA, Works Progress Administration, gave federal jobs to people who
    didn't have jobs, maybe others

    they built roads and bridges and other things
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Works_Progress_Administration

    my maternal Grandfather worked for WPA, he got 50 cents a day for his
    work and 50 cents a day for his truck, often he said they should bring
    it back

    someone broke the new deal when they cancelled it

    then they reformed welfare, they still have food stamps, they still have
    have care, but the housing units have year long waits and they stopped
    giving vouchers, you can only get cash if you have children

    the poor man will get along by committing crime if he doesn't have a
    choice, no wonder why the USA has so much crime, rap music, thug life,
    and other things

    I'm just a peep I guess when it comes down to it, as Rush said in a song
    called "Closer to the Heart", those who hold high places must be the
    ones to start

    war and revolution brings you right back where you started

    politics and propaganda will work eventually, perhaps this is just an
    issue of the social evolution of man

    it's only polite to share the wealth, no one should look upon fanciness
    and be jealous or furious

    I used to donate to the Red Cross, I'm going to look for a charity, I
    don't really have much to share, I have to save for transportation
    concerns, I don't get this benefit at my level of disability, but I am
    open to suggestions

    for me, I don't need or get perfection, "good enough" is fine

    --
    Dale
    Dale, Jun 21, 2013
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Dale

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Fri, 21 Jun 2013 02:50:49 -0400, Dale <> wrote:
    : I'm not a liberal
    : I'm not a conservative
    :
    : count me as a progressive, my background is that I got it well from
    : mental health disability, my payment is higher because I had a higher
    : paying job, I also have considerable family support
    :
    : the USA struck a new deal with workers in the 1930's to stave off communism
    :
    : it included collective bargaining (union) rights and WPA along with
    : other stuff I don't know
    :
    : WPA, Works Progress Administration, gave federal jobs to people who
    : didn't have jobs, maybe others
    :
    : they built roads and bridges and other things
    : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Works_Progress_Administration
    :
    : my maternal Grandfather worked for WPA, he got 50 cents a day for his
    : work and 50 cents a day for his truck, often he said they should bring
    : it back
    :
    : someone broke the new deal when they cancelled it
    :
    : then they reformed welfare, they still have food stamps, they still have
    : have care, but the housing units have year long waits and they stopped
    : giving vouchers, you can only get cash if you have children
    :
    : the poor man will get along by committing crime if he doesn't have a
    : choice, no wonder why the USA has so much crime, rap music, thug life,
    : and other things
    :
    : I'm just a peep I guess when it comes down to it, as Rush said in a song
    : called "Closer to the Heart", those who hold high places must be the
    : ones to start
    :
    : war and revolution brings you right back where you started
    :
    : politics and propaganda will work eventually, perhaps this is just an
    : issue of the social evolution of man
    :
    : it's only polite to share the wealth, no one should look upon fanciness
    : and be jealous or furious
    :
    : I used to donate to the Red Cross, I'm going to look for a charity, I
    : don't really have much to share, I have to save for transportation
    : concerns, I don't get this benefit at my level of disability, but I am
    : open to suggestions
    :
    : for me, I don't need or get perfection, "good enough" is fine

    To make this screed at least minimally relevant to the photography newsgroups
    to which you posted it, you might have mentioned that one thing the WPA did
    was to sponsor photographers, at least some of whom focused their cameras on
    the dire conditions that characterized the Depression.

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Jun 23, 2013
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Dale

    Dale Guest

    On 06/23/2013 03:41 PM, Robert Coe wrote:
    > To make this screed at least minimally relevant to the photography newsgroups
    > to which you posted it, you might have mentioned that one thing the WPA did
    > was to sponsor photographers, at least some of whom focused their cameras on
    > the dire conditions that characterized the Depression.


    the arts have a place in propaganda, at least

    --
    Dale
    Dale, Jun 24, 2013
    #3
  4. Dale

    Dale Guest

    On 06/24/2013 12:56 AM, Dale wrote:
    > On 06/23/2013 03:41 PM, Robert Coe wrote:
    >> To make this screed at least minimally relevant to the photography
    >> newsgroups
    >> to which you posted it, you might have mentioned that one thing the
    >> WPA did
    >> was to sponsor photographers, at least some of whom focused their
    >> cameras on
    >> the dire conditions that characterized the Depression.

    >
    > the arts have a place in propaganda, at least
    >


    art I think is more polite than speaking some times

    --
    Dale
    Dale, Jun 24, 2013
    #4
  5. Dale

    Dale Guest

    On 06/24/2013 12:56 AM, Dale wrote:
    > On 06/23/2013 03:41 PM, Robert Coe wrote:
    >> To make this screed at least minimally relevant to the photography
    >> newsgroups
    >> to which you posted it, you might have mentioned that one thing the
    >> WPA did
    >> was to sponsor photographers, at least some of whom focused their
    >> cameras on
    >> the dire conditions that characterized the Depression.

    >
    > the arts have a place in propaganda, at least
    >


    stuff like this and WPA imply a degree of nationalism, probably best
    handled from the bottom up, while I agree with individual competition
    when it needs to be, the fact is we are ONE world and we don't need to
    flash success in the face of those that don't have it, yet

    top down didn't work for the dominant USA nation, it was even taken away
    from itself

    I live in the USA and probably don't have much room to speak since I
    forgot my roots immediately after securing gainful employment, and am
    still learning my lessons all too well approaching two decades after
    being fired

    if it wasn't for mental health disability relief my life would be
    totally in the hands of my family and the few pleasures that sooth my
    occasional ire in life would be gone, and I don't think I could make it
    outside of a mental health facility

    I am conservative enough with my own life, but politically I am a
    progressive and can give

    --
    Dale
    Dale, Jun 24, 2013
    #5
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. R.H.
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    5,163
  2. hax3
    Replies:
    10
    Views:
    4,826
  3. Dave Cox

    WPA-PSK & WPA

    Dave Cox, Feb 12, 2006, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    711
    Dave Cox
    Feb 15, 2006
  4. AnonGoo
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    369
    AnonGoo
    May 5, 2007
  5. Mike Webb

    WPA PSK vs WPA Personal (D-Link products)

    Mike Webb, Feb 12, 2008, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    14,331
    Mike Webb
    Feb 13, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page