    For those who like this almost universal archiver tool, there's an official
    release today at www.rarlab.com, both x86 and x64 native proggies.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Aug 19, 2009

  2. I switched to 7Zip from WinZip a couple of years ago and I've been happy
    with it. It's also FREE.

    Bobby Johnson, Aug 19, 2009

  3. Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 19, 2009
  4. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Charlie,
    Same thing with b5, flawless performance.
    I do like the x64 native thing and the proper use of all cores in this new
    release.
    Avast also had an update yesterday to its core. There had not been one since
    February, I think. Update seems to pave the way for the impending v4.9
    release. Current is 4.8 something.
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Aug 19, 2009
  5. Grrr. The 64-bit version link to CNet for download is broken. And that's the
    only download link available. Guess I'll stick with b5 for a bit.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 24, 2009
  6. Bobby Johnson, Aug 24, 2009
  7. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Charlie,
    Alternate download site:
    http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/WinRAR-Download-2461.html
    Direct d/l link:
    http://www.softpedia.com/software/arhivatoare/winrar-x64-390.exe

    C-net seems to be up 'n runnin' again!

    http://download.cnet.com/1770-20_4-0.html?query=WinRAR 64 bit&tag=404&searchtype=downloads

    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Aug 24, 2009
  8. Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 24, 2009
  9. thanks, Carlos. Looks like the CNet one fixed as well.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 24, 2009
  10. Carlos

    roman modic Guest

    roman modic, Aug 25, 2009