OT:- Windows 2100

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by =?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=, Sep 18, 2006.

  1. What Operating System do you think will be in 2100.? maybe
    Microsoft Windows 2100
    =?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=, Sep 18, 2006

  2. I shudder to think of the uproar our descendants will be living through
    worrying about the Y2K1C issue :)

    MDG, MCT

    =?Utf-8?B?TW9udHJlYWwgTUNU?=, Sep 18, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear =?Utf-8?B?TW9udHJlYWwgTUNU?=
    <> say in news:EACDB4AD-5E06-4F1E-
    :

    > I shudder to think of the uproar our descendants will be living through
    > worrying about the Y2K1C issue :)

    why? they'll all be using Microsoft Linux and will just write a small shell
    script to handle it. The MS open license community will have it resolved
    well before 2095!

    (BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!! I kill myself sometimes)

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - I give up, what is the meaning of life?
    Neil, Sep 18, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=, Sep 19, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=

    kpg Guest

    As OTHMAN once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\203991.htm (9/19/2006
    > 10:09:26 AM) #
    >> I shudder to think of the uproar our descendants will be living
    >> through worrying about the Y2K1C issue :)

    > Why didn't you read the article about Could a machine think?
    >
    > for more info:
    > http://www.royalinstitutephilosophy.org/think/article.php?num=2

    I read it. It was stupid. I have seen much better treatment of
    the subject elsewhere. Come on, a hypothetical conversation
    with a machine (that does not exist) arguing if it can think.
    What a stupid premise. I personally think it is possible (but not
    with our current technology or understanding) to build a "silicon"
    based (if you will) brain that can indeed think (at least as well
    as some humans). But it will never be human, because there is
    more to use than a brain - you know, the whole 2.5 billion years
    of evolution (ha, you thought I was going to say a soul!).

    Besides STNG already said all there is to say about robots having
    souls. Personally, I don't think robots or infidels have souls.
    kpg, Sep 19, 2006
  6. "kpg" wrote:
    > I read it. It was stupid. I have seen much better treatment of
    > the subject elsewhere. Come on, a hypothetical conversation
    > with a machine (that does not exist) arguing if it can think.
    > What a stupid premise. I personally think it is possible (but not
    > with our current technology or understanding) to build a "silicon"
    > based (if you will) brain that can indeed think (at least as well
    > as some humans). But it will never be human, because there is
    > more to use than a brain - you know, the whole 2.5 billion years
    > of evolution (ha, you thought I was going to say a soul!).
    >
    > Besides STNG already said all there is to say about robots having
    > souls. Personally, I don't think robots or infidels have souls.

    Ok, calm down.

    what about this question: Does God Exist? vs. The Big Bang?
    =?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=, Sep 19, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    kpg wrote:

    > ... Personally, I don't think robots or infidels have souls.

    PLEASE MISTER, infidels DO have souls. Kindly refrain from casting
    doubts on the quality of their footwear !!!

    ----------
    Cerebrus.
    MCNGP #LIV
    (LIVe feeds of dead things coming to life!)

    Join the fight against Br@indumps
    http://www.certguard.com/
    Cerebrus, Sep 19, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=

    kpg Guest

    As OTHMAN once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > what about this question: Does God Exist? vs. The Big Bang?

    God caused the Big Bang. He can do that, you know, He's God.
    kpg, Sep 19, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "kpg" <> wrote in message
    > As OTHMAN once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    >
    >> what about this question: Does God Exist? vs. The Big Bang?

    > God caused the Big Bang. He can do that, you know, He's God.

    Can he make a rock so big that even he can't move it?
    Frisbee®, Sep 19, 2006
  10. =?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=

    kpg Guest

    As Frisbee® once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\204000.htm (9/19/2006
    > 12:19:38 PM) # "kpg" <> wrote in message
    >> As OTHMAN once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    >>
    >>> what about this question: Does God Exist? vs. The Big Bang?

    >> God caused the Big Bang. He can do that, you know, He's God.

    > Can he make a rock so big that even he can't move it?

    Yes. He also knows the sound of one hand claping.

    ....and how noisy trees are when they fall.

    ....and what bear's do in the woods.

    ....and why it's so darn cold in Canadia.
    kpg, Sep 19, 2006
  11. =?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=

    BD [MCNGP] Guest

    >>Did you see what Frisbee® () graced us with in
    ?<<
    > "kpg" <> wrote in message
    >> As OTHMAN once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    >>
    >>> what about this question: Does God Exist? vs. The Big Bang?

    >> God caused the Big Bang. He can do that, you know, He's God.

    > Can he make a rock so big that even he can't move it?

    The real question here is could he make a rock so big that *Chuck Norris* can't
    move it?
    --
    BD
    MCNGP #51
    BD [MCNGP], Sep 19, 2006
  12. =?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=

    LoopBack Guest

    kpg wrote:

    > As OTHMAN once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    >
    > > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\203991.htm (9/19/2006
    > > 10:09:26 AM) #
    > >> I shudder to think of the uproar our descendants will be living
    > >> through worrying about the Y2K1C issue :)

    > > Why didn't you read the article about Could a machine think?
    > >
    > > for more info:
    > > http://www.royalinstitutephilosophy.org/think/article.php?num=2

    > I read it. It was stupid. I have seen much better treatment of
    > the subject elsewhere. Come on, a hypothetical conversation
    > with a machine (that does not exist) arguing if it can think.
    > What a stupid premise. I personally think it is possible (but not
    > with our current technology or understanding) to build a "silicon"
    > based (if you will) brain that can indeed think (at least as well
    > as some humans). But it will never be human, because there is
    > more to use than a brain - you know, the whole 2.5 billion years
    > of evolution (ha, you thought I was going to say a soul!).
    >
    > Besides STNG already said all there is to say about robots having
    > souls. Personally, I don't think robots or infidels have souls.

    May take is this; sure you can fling all the wires, circuits and
    sensors together, but until the machine is programmed and powered,
    it's just a bunch o' bits; there is no intelligence. Additionally
    we cannot forget the inherent programming in circuit boards, that
    controls, what happens to the energy, flowing around it's medium.

    No matter how brilliant the AI, it will always be based on the
    intelligence of the initial programmer. This is taking into account
    that some sophisticated AI can generate it's own code, and it's own
    'reasoning'.

    Imagine, machines became so sophisticated that they could create
    themselves, learn themselves, and power themselves. All - totally
    feasible in my book.

    Despite the fact that they can reproduce, learn and power themselves,
    the initial intelligence came from the programmer, therefore the
    machines entire understanding would be 'fundamentally' based on the
    initial programmers take on the world.

    Now this is all fine and well if the initial programmer is a well
    adjusted individual, and programmed the initial machine's
    fundamentals with a balanced understanding...

    But let's imagine the programmer was a certain MCNGP, with a little
    flavoured twist, and hard coded the initial machine with screwed up
    fundamentals. I.e. sensing light caused some kind or adverse action,
    i.e. triggering full volume vocal dumps of "look at me I'm a fat
    heap of junk". The machine might otherwise appear intelligent, but
    don't take it outside.

    The fundamental programming/intelligence is human.
    LoopBack, Sep 19, 2006
  13. =?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=

    LoopBack Guest

    BD [MCNGP] wrote:

    > >>Did you see what Frisbee® () graced us with in

    > ?<<
    > > "kpg" <> wrote in message
    > >> As OTHMAN once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > >> God caused the Big Bang. He can do that, you know, He's God.

    > > Can he make a rock so big that even he can't move it?
    > >

    > The real question here is could he make a rock so big that *Chuck Norris* can't
    > move it?
    > --
    > BD
    > MCNGP #51
    > -- MCNGP.com - You think you know IT!?
    > -- The new IT Certification Forums: www.CertGuard.com/forums/

    You take that back! How dare you blaspheme against the almighty Chuck!
    LoopBack, Sep 19, 2006
  14. =?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=

    kpg Guest

    As BD [MCNGP] once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > The real question here is could he make a rock so big that *Chuck
    > Norris* can't move it?

    Even God has limitations.

    kp "Is that thunder I hear?" g
    kpg, Sep 19, 2006
  15. =?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=

    kpg Guest

    As LoopBack once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > But let's imagine the programmer was a certain MCNGP, with a little
    > flavoured twist, and hard coded the initial machine with screwed up
    > fundamentals. I.e. sensing light caused some kind or adverse action,
    > i.e. triggering full volume vocal dumps of "look at me I'm a fat
    > heap of junk". The machine might otherwise appear intelligent, but
    > don't take it outside.

    You've just giving me an idea.

    > The fundamental programming/intelligence is human.

    We are so vain.
    kpg, Sep 19, 2006
  16. =?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=

    LoopBack Guest

    kpg wrote:

    > As LoopBack once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    >
    > > But let's imagine the programmer was a certain MCNGP, with a little
    > > flavoured twist, and hard coded the initial machine with screwed up
    > > fundamentals. I.e. sensing light caused some kind or adverse action,
    > > i.e. triggering full volume vocal dumps of "look at me I'm a fat
    > > heap of junk". The machine might otherwise appear intelligent, but
    > > don't take it outside.

    > You've just giving me an idea.

    Intrigued for sure
    LoopBack, Sep 19, 2006
  17. =?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=

    BD [MCNGP] Guest

    >>Did you see what LoopBack () graced us with in
    ?<<

    > Imagine, machines became so sophisticated that they could create
    > themselves, learn themselves, and power themselves. All - totally
    > feasible in my book.

    Hmmmm....sounds like you're describing humans. Could that be all that we are?
    No...we're not *that* sophisticated. ;)

    BD [MCNGP], Sep 19, 2006
  18. =?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear kpg <> say in

    > As OTHMAN once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    >
    >> what about this question: Does God Exist? vs. The Big Bang?

    > God caused the Big Bang. He can do that, you know, He's God.

    Ahem:

    http://klucha.net/wiki/FSM

    and Nijas are cooler thann pirates, but its a holiday so it's all good...

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - What if you're happy and you don't know it?
    Neil, Sep 19, 2006
  19. =?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear kpg <> say in

    > Yes. He also knows the sound of one hand claping.
    >
    > ...and how noisy trees are when they fall.
    >
    > ...and what bear's do in the woods.
    >
    > ...and why it's so darn cold in Canadia.

    does he know the smell of the colour 9?

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - Imagination is intelligence having fun.
    Neil, Sep 19, 2006
  20. =?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=

    kpg Guest

    As Neil once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > does he know the smell of the colour 9?

    carefull - or in your next life you may come
    back as a republican.
    kpg, Sep 19, 2006