    D - What's a newsgroup client ?

    E - I'm a spammer and I enjoy Google's very lax spam
    enforcement policy.

    Henry, May 23, 2006

  2. Henry

    Rudy Benner Guest

    "Henry" <> wrote in message
    news:q7Kcg.15577$...
    > I've noticed more people are posting through Google Groups lately.
    >
    > I'm just wondering why people choose Google. If you are a Google
    > groups user, I'd appreciate if you could take a moment to respond
    > to the questionnaire below. Please choose only one letter. (The
    > one that best describes your situation).
    >

    > A - I'm too poor to pay for access to a news server.
    >
    > B - I'm too cheap to pay for access to a news server.
    >
    > C - I find it too confusing to use a real newsgroup client.
    >
    > D - What's a newsgroup client ?
    >
    > E - I'm a spammer and I enjoy Google's very lax spam
    > enforcement policy.

    Since there are free NNTP servers which allow one to post as well as read, I
    cannot pick A or B.

    I guess I will pick E just to get your goat.

    BTW, I do use a NNTP server. My ISP provides the service, but it does not
    include all the newsgroups I like, and the propagation is too slow, so I use
    a free service for all but 2.

    Rudy Benner, May 23, 2006

  3. Henry

    Craig Guest

    F: None of the above. I use Google groups on occasion because I some of
    the client sites I'm at prevent usenet from going through their
    firewalls/routers. So I have to use we based e-mail and google groups to
    handle my on-line stuff.

    In article <q7Kcg.15577$>,
    says...

    --
    Remove MySkin to e-mail me

    Craig, May 23, 2006
  4. Henry

    Bert Hyman Guest

    (Craig) wrote in

    > F: None of the above. I use Google groups on occasion because I
    > some of the client sites I'm at prevent usenet from going through
    > their firewalls/routers. So I have to use we based e-mail and
    > google groups to handle my on-line stuff.

    Did you know that the servers of some of the big-time pay news
    services answer on ->any port? And many of the free servers answer on
    port 80 or 8080?

    So, if you can connect to Web sites from your client's network, you
    can read the news.

    --
    Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN |

    Bert Hyman, May 23, 2006
  5. Henry

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Henry wrote:

    > I've noticed more people are posting through Google Groups lately.

    I agree Google is a major contributor when it comes to spam, but I
    think this post is just another TROLL !! Who cares HOW people access
    usenet ?

    Why can't we just discuss digital cameras ???

    Jim Townsend, May 23, 2006
  6. Henry

    Guest

    Henry wrote:
    > I've noticed more people are posting through Google Groups lately.
    >
    > I'm just wondering why people choose Google. If you are a Google
    > groups user, I'd appreciate if you could take a moment to respond
    > to the questionnaire below. Please choose only one letter. (The
    > one that best describes your situation).
    >

    > A - I'm too poor to pay for access to a news server.
    >
    > B - I'm too cheap to pay for access to a news server.
    >
    > C - I find it too confusing to use a real newsgroup client.
    >
    > D - What's a newsgroup client ?
    >
    > E - I'm a spammer and I enjoy Google's very lax spam
    > enforcement policy.

    Oh, E definitely. And BTW, f--- you very much for that fun and
    entertaining little questionnaire. Here's one for you, make sure you
    pick only one letter:

    Why do net cops believe that they are intrinsically right in all of
    their opinions? Is it:
    a. Because they spend their whole day in front of a computer loudly
    proclaiming to all and sundry that only their way is the right way;
    pretty soon they begin to believe it?
    b. Because they have Asperger's syndrome, causing a severe defect in
    their ability to understand anything outside of their narrow and rigid
    world view as valid?
    c. Because god must have compensated them SOMEHOW for their lack of
    appeal to the opposite sex and the eensy weensy sex organs?
    d. Because they've heard that masturbation causes brain growth and
    increased IQ, especially when it's started at a young age?
    e. 1 am teh uber NetKKKop kekeke! 1 am r0xx0r!

    Have fun! Don't sweat the big words, though, you can always look them
    up with Google....

    , May 24, 2006
  7. Henry

    Guest

    Henry wrote:
    > I've noticed more people are posting through Google Groups lately.
    >
    > I'm just wondering why people choose Google. If you are a Google
    > groups user, I'd appreciate if you could take a moment to respond
    > to the questionnaire below. Please choose only one letter. (The
    > one that best describes your situation).
    >

    > A - I'm too poor to pay for access to a news server.
    >
    > B - I'm too cheap to pay for access to a news server.
    >
    > C - I find it too confusing to use a real newsgroup client.
    >
    > D - What's a newsgroup client ?
    >
    > E - I'm a spammer and I enjoy Google's very lax spam
    > enforcement policy.

    Oh, E definitely. And BTW, f--- you very much for that fun and
    entertaining little questionnaire. Here's one for you, make sure you
    pick only one letter:

    Why do net cops believe that they are intrinsically right in all of
    their opinions? Is it:
    a. Because they spend their whole day in front of a computer loudly
    proclaiming to all and sundry that only their way is the right way;
    pretty soon they begin to believe it?
    b. Because they have Asperger's syndrome, causing a severe defect in
    their ability to understand anything outside of their narrow and rigid
    world view as valid?
    c. Because god must have compensated them SOMEHOW for their lack of
    appeal to the opposite sex and the eensy weensy sex organs?
    d. Because they've heard that masturbation causes brain growth and
    increased IQ, especially when it's started at a young age?
    e. 1 am teh uber NetKKKop kekeke! 1 am r0xx0r!

    Have fun! Don't sweat the big words, though, you can always look them
    up with Google....

    , May 24, 2006
  8. Henry

    cjcampbell Guest

    Henry wrote:

    > A - I'm too poor to pay for access to a news server.
    >
    > B - I'm too cheap to pay for access to a news server.

    Definitely B. Actually, I do pay for access to a news server, but while
    I am out of the country for 18 months I cannot access it. Apparently my
    ISP, a cable company, only allows access when I am at home. The same
    for email. I can receive email through my ISP's mail client but not
    send unless I log onto their web site and use it like Hotmail or
    something. Very annoying.

    cjcampbell, May 24, 2006
  9. Henry

    Bill Hilton Guest

    > Henry writes ...
    >
    >I'm just wondering why people choose Google. If you are a Google
    >groups user, I'd appreciate if you could take a moment to respond
    >to the questionnaire below. Please choose only one letter.
    >
    >B - I'm too cheap to pay for access to a news server

    I wouldn't pay a nickel a month to read newsgroups and can't believe
    there are people who actually do pay when access is free, so I guess
    I'm "too cheap".

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, May 24, 2006
  10. Henry

    Rudy Benner Guest

    "cjcampbell" <> wrote in message

    > Henry wrote:
    >>

    >> A - I'm too poor to pay for access to a news server.
    >>
    >> B - I'm too cheap to pay for access to a news server.

    > Definitely B. Actually, I do pay for access to a news server, but while
    > I am out of the country for 18 months I cannot access it. Apparently my
    > ISP, a cable company, only allows access when I am at home. The same
    > for email. I can receive email through my ISP's mail client but not
    > send unless I log onto their web site and use it like Hotmail or
    > something. Very annoying.

    You might try using NNTP.AIOE.ORG in lowercase its nntp.aioe.org

    They let you post as well.

    Many ISPs are blocking SMTP relay now. They have their reasons but the
    bottom line is the same.

    Rudy Benner, May 24, 2006
  11. "Bill Hilton" <> writes:

    >> Henry writes ...
    >>
    >>I'm just wondering why people choose Google. If you are a Google
    >>groups user, I'd appreciate if you could take a moment to respond
    >>to the questionnaire below. Please choose only one letter.
    >>
    >>B - I'm too cheap to pay for access to a news server

    > I wouldn't pay a nickel a month to read newsgroups and can't believe
    > there are people who actually do pay when access is free, so I guess
    > I'm "too cheap".

    Access to a real, fast, spam-filtered news server is definitely worth
    the 10 euros a year I pay for it.

    --
    Måns Rullgård

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?M=E5ns_Rullg=E5rd?=, May 24, 2006
  12. Henry

    y_p_w Guest

    Bill Hilton wrote:

    >>Henry writes ...
    >>
    >>I'm just wondering why people choose Google. If you are a Google
    >>groups user, I'd appreciate if you could take a moment to respond
    >>to the questionnaire below. Please choose only one letter.
    >>
    >>B - I'm too cheap to pay for access to a news server

    > I wouldn't pay a nickel a month to read newsgroups and can't believe
    > there are people who actually do pay when access is free, so I guess
    > I'm "too cheap".

    I don't actually pay for my newsgroup use. However - I've
    been using DejaNews before they got bought out by Google.
    It's a bit more convenient to use Google Groups and
    sometimes more reliable.

    My Earthlink service doesn't charge for newsgroups under a
    certain download limit. I don't think I've ever come close
    to reaching the limit though, although I don't remember
    where to check (I've checked a few times).

    y_p_w, May 24, 2006
  13. What does Law Enforcement ( Cops) have to do with this Newsgroup ?
    If you have a problem with the Officers, there are other
    Newsgroups where you can post your complaints,
    fears and frustrations.

    LZ

    Polish Prince \(Szynka\), May 24, 2006
  14. What does Law Enforcement ( Cops) have to do with this Newsgroup ?

    <> wrote in message
    > Henry wrote:
    >> I've noticed more people are posting through Google Groups lately.
    >>
    >> I'm just wondering why people choose Google. If you are a Google
    >> groups user, I'd appreciate if you could take a moment to respond
    >> to the questionnaire below. Please choose only one letter. (The
    >> one that best describes your situation).
    >>

    >> A - I'm too poor to pay for access to a news server.
    >>
    >> B - I'm too cheap to pay for access to a news server.
    >>
    >> C - I find it too confusing to use a real newsgroup client.
    >>
    >> D - What's a newsgroup client ?
    >>
    >> E - I'm a spammer and I enjoy Google's very lax spam
    >> enforcement policy.

    > Oh, E definitely. And BTW, f--- you very much for that fun and
    > entertaining little questionnaire. Here's one for you, make sure you
    > pick only one letter:
    >
    > Why do net cops believe that they are intrinsically right in all of
    > their opinions? Is it:
    > a. Because they spend their whole day in front of a computer loudly
    > proclaiming to all and sundry that only their way is the right way;
    > pretty soon they begin to believe it?
    > b. Because they have Asperger's syndrome, causing a severe defect in
    > their ability to understand anything outside of their narrow and rigid
    > world view as valid?
    > c. Because god must have compensated them SOMEHOW for their lack of
    > appeal to the opposite sex and the eensy weensy sex organs?
    > d. Because they've heard that masturbation causes brain growth and
    > increased IQ, especially when it's started at a young age?
    > e. 1 am teh uber NetKKKop kekeke! 1 am r0xx0r!
    >
    > Have fun! Don't sweat the big words, though, you can always look them
    > up with Google....

    It has removed 1620 spam emails to date.

    Polish Prince \(Szynka\), May 24, 2006
  15. Henry

    J. Clarke Guest

    Polish Prince (Szynka) wrote:

    > What does Law Enforcement ( Cops) have to do with this Newsgroup ?
    > If you have a problem with the Officers, there are other
    > Newsgroups where you can post your complaints,
    > fears and frustrations.

    "Net cops" are not law enforcement, they are people who want there to be law
    enforcement and until there is see it as their duty to try to make others
    conform to their views. The sad part is that if there ever is law
    enforcement on the Net the netcops will likely be among the first to go.

    --
    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate

    J. Clarke, May 24, 2006
  16. Henry

    J. Clarke Guest

    Jim Townsend wrote:

    > Henry wrote:
    >
    >> I've noticed more people are posting through Google Groups lately.

    > I agree Google is a major contributor when it comes to spam, but I
    > think this post is just another TROLL !! Who cares HOW people access
    > usenet ?

    Any number of sociology graduate students I would think.

    J. Clarke, May 24, 2006