    market right now.

    Many Thanks

    Simon.

    Simon Watson, Oct 13, 2004

  2. Simon Watson

    none Guest

    Re: who has the best Anti-Virus software Mcafee, Trend Micro or symantec

    Symantec/Norton and AVG Antivirus is what I've had the best experiences
    with.

    I tried Trend on my son's PC and will never use Trend again - the virus
    definitions subscription lapsed and it took down his PC of the net until I
    got in touch with their tech support - I finally just removed it as they
    said to - they told me I'd have to reinstall a new version and that I
    couldn't just renew my subscription after the subscription lapsed - I just
    changed his PC over to AVG with no problems since.

    I tried McAfee on my aunt's business PC which had a dual boot of Windows
    2000 on it - beware that setup caused massive problems - McAfee also has a
    weird virus definition update process which is unbearable on dialup.

    "Simon Watson" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Guys
    >
    > My client had a virus on their network which took Trend Micro 2 weeks to
    > detect the virus and how to remove it. Thankfully the Virus wasn't
    > particulary damaging. We are not too happy with the amount of time Trend
    > took to come up with the solution, and we are looking at the possibities

    of

    none, Oct 14, 2004

  3. Simon Watson

    UnH0Ly Guest

    "Simon Watson" <> wrote in

    > Hi Guys
    >
    > My client had a virus on their network which took Trend Micro 2 weeks
    > to detect the virus and how to remove it. Thankfully the Virus wasn't
    > particulary damaging. We are not too happy with the amount of time
    > Trend took to come up with the solution, and we are looking at the
    > possibities of replacing them with another anti-virus solution to roll
    > out on our PC's
    >
    > I know this is an opinionated question but from experience I need to
    > find out what are your views of what is the best Anti-Virus product
    > out on the market right now.
    >

    > Many Thanks
    >
    > Simon.

    I use Tren Micro's NeatSuite for our enterprise level Antivirus solution. I
    must say that I have been very impressed and have been very happy with it.
    I've been using for over 5 years and we were able to not only dodge
    infection, but the one or two that would become infected (damn users and
    their infected jump drives!) we were able to quickly detect the virus,
    quarantine the PC, clean the virus and have it back safely on the network
    with minimal disruption to the user and no damage to the rest of the
    network.

    Just my $.02 :)

    UnH0Ly, Oct 15, 2004