    arrogant heads in shame.

    Sincerely,

    Sick To My Stomach
    Disappointed, Sep 11, 2003

  2. Disappointed

    Consultant Guest

    Re: What's the hold-up?!

    you can only bomb so much dirt

    Consultant, Sep 11, 2003

  3. Disappointed

    billyw Guest

    Re: What's the hold-up?!

    my big fear is that the US will cut and run in iraq, not that they've ever
    done it in the past, and leave the UK on it's own

    billyw, Sep 11, 2003
  4. Disappointed

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: What's the hold-up?!

    > my big fear is that the US will cut and run in iraq, not that they've ever
    > done it in the past, and leave the UK on it's own

    I doubt that will happen. Although I do see some control being given over
    to the UN. bleh
    Jtyc, Sep 11, 2003
  5. Disappointed

    Consultant Guest

    Re: What's the hold-up?!

    pansies

    Consultant, Sep 11, 2003
  6. Disappointed

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: What's the hold-up?!

    > As much as I hate to say it, there's a strong possibility
    > your fear will become reality.

    I don't see it happening. If you believe the US is doing this to do the
    right thing, then they stay. If you believe that Bush is doing it just for
    the oil, then they stay. There is no logic in bailing out.
    Jtyc, Sep 11, 2003
  7. Disappointed

    billyw Guest

    Re: What's the hold-up?!

    not as big a pansy as bush going cap in hand to people that shafted him only
    months ago

    billyw, Sep 11, 2003
  8. Disappointed

    billyw Guest

    Re: What's the hold-up?!

    what if baby bush bails out?

    billyw, Sep 11, 2003
  9. Disappointed

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: What's the hold-up?!

    > not as big a pansy as bush going cap in hand to people that shafted him
    only
    > months ago

    It's either that or go cap in hand and ask the US taxpayer to futher put the
    burdens of the world on their shoulders.

    Why they are not just using Iraqi oil to pay for this I do not understand.
    Jtyc, Sep 11, 2003
  10. Disappointed

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: What's the hold-up?!

    > what if baby bush bails out?

    Baby Bush? I'm not sure what you mean.
    Jtyc, Sep 11, 2003
  11. Disappointed

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: What's the hold-up?!

    > my worry is US public opinion. in the past it has swayed how the us
    > approaches wars.. vietnam, it basically lost you that war and a lot of

    Gi's
    > lives because you had to be "nice" to the enemy and commanders who had a
    > fixation about numbers.

    We were not in Vietnam to topple a government and then rebuild it. This
    time we are and we do have experience with that. You wouldn't realize it by
    watching the news but progress is being made.

    > also parralels can be drawn with the fact that the US army is still
    > basically a combat army, not counter insurgency, not peace keeping, but
    > combat mainly..

    True of the major combat elements. But the US military does have other
    components, MPs for example are trained for such a thing but there are not
    enough of them. Same with special forces.

    > sadly a lot more GI's and brits are going to die before they get a handle

    on
    > it.

    Yes.

    > Also the like of fux's reporting of it is less than helpful to the people

    on
    > the ground

    I wouldn't know, I don't watch TV news. I only listen to the radio and read
    articles from the Internet.
    Jtyc, Sep 11, 2003
  12. Disappointed

    billyw Guest

    Re: What's the hold-up?!

    thing is previously bush was happy to let the us and i may british tax payer
    foot the bill.
    but that was before he realised that this wasn't going to be a wham bang
    thank you ma'am sort of thing

    billyw, Sep 11, 2003
  13. Disappointed

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: What's the hold-up?!

    > thing is previously bush was happy to let the us and i may british tax
    payer
    > foot the bill.
    > but that was before he realised that this wasn't going to be a wham bang
    > thank you ma'am sort of thing

    Could be. I say let's just make Iraq a US/British holding. We can ship all
    of our tech jobs there!
    Jtyc, Sep 11, 2003
  14. Disappointed

    billyw Guest

    Re: What's the hold-up?!

    consistent so far, but i think he is having to face certain realities that
    he hadn't factored in.
    keep practising tho.. one day you will become a true imperial power.. dont
    worry we'll be there to keep you right

    "Jtyc" <> wrote in message
    > > what if bush looses the next election.

    > I doubt that will happen. The Democrats have not put up anybody worth a
    > squirt.
    >
    > > i think us foreign policy will change somewhat to a more dithering

    > undecided
    > > screw up..

    > It would probably become very wishy washy I agree.
    >
    > > that apart i'm no fan of bush with regard to foreign policy

    > I'm not a big fan of his in general but I think he's being fairly

    consistent

    billyw, Sep 11, 2003
  15. Disappointed

    billyw Guest

    Re: What's the hold-up?!

    why not we ship tech jobs everywhere else... can we keep the south tho.. i
    dont like turkey much and wouldn't want to get too close to the place.
    i was there on holiday in 1974 when they invaded cyprus, they weren't very
    pleasant to brits then......

    billyw, Sep 11, 2003
  16. Disappointed

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: What's the hold-up?!

    > why not we ship tech jobs everywhere else... can we keep the south tho.. i
    > dont like turkey much and wouldn't want to get too close to the place.
    > i was there on holiday in 1974 when they invaded cyprus, they weren't very
    > pleasant to brits then......

    I've only been to Jordan. Not a bad place to visit.

    Just think, I've pee'd on the same soil as Jesus!
    Jtyc, Sep 11, 2003
  17. Disappointed

    billyw Guest

    Re: What's the hold-up?!

    nope he hasn't signed it away yet....

    "Jtyc" <> wrote in message
    > > dont
    > > worry we'll be there to keep you right

    > I doubt it. I thought your PM just signed away your sovereignty?

    Congrats,

    billyw, Sep 11, 2003
  18. Disappointed

    billyw Guest

    Re: What's the hold-up?!

    do you think that would work as an opening line on chicks in alabama..
    they might view it as holy and well those type usually like to give holy
    stuff a bit of lip action

    billyw, Sep 11, 2003
  19. Disappointed

    Maestro Guest

    Re: What's the hold-up?!

    As much as I support Bush, why we're not using Iraqi oil
    baffles me also.

    Maestro, Sep 11, 2003
  20. Disappointed

    Maestro Guest

    Re: What's the hold-up?!

    There is a strong possibility only if a Democrat wins next
    November. Bush has said from day one that this is going
    to be a long drawn out process, but the Dems are still
    whining about an exit plan. I don't think we have enough
    control over there to be worry about what conditions have
    to be met to bring our troops home.

    Maestro, Sep 11, 2003